Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,557 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Believers Are Called To Be Disciples Of Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Believers Are Called To Be Disciples Of Jesus (171 Views)

Shepherds are Called To Serve: Strengthen Them In Prayers. / Deborah Eneche Called To Bar (Photos) / Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Believers Are Called To Be Disciples Of Jesus by davidinchrist(m): 9:35pm On Jan 21, 2020
Believers in Jesus are supposed to be his Disciples, who deny themselves, take up the Cross, and Follow him daily. Unfortunately, modern Christianity or Church system, and Pastors have blinded the minds of many. May Jesus Bless You.

Matthew 16:24 KJV
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Matthew 10:33 KJV
But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Luke 14:26-30,33-35 KJV
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. [27] And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple. [28] For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it ? [29] Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it , all that behold it begin to mock him, [30] Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish. [33] So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple. [34] Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be seasoned? [35] It is neither fit for the land, nor yet for the dunghill; but men cast it out. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
Re: Believers Are Called To Be Disciples Of Jesus by davidinchrist(m): 9:37pm On Jan 21, 2020
Hello, I wonder if there are believers here who might like to part of a Christian---Jesus discipleship group. This is for those interested and are sure they have genuine or free hearts to join. It will be mainly for spiritual exaltations, encouragement, sharing of God's word, and other things the Lord permits. Please, check my signature, should you're interested.
May Jesus Bless You.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Believers Are Called To Be Disciples Of Jesus by Eviana(f): 1:24pm On Jan 22, 2020
The title says it all.
Most followers of Jesus want a "crown" without the "cross".
I wonder do we really fully understand the significance of discipleship?
Or total submission, surrender, & obedience to the Master?
I would suggest that people go & reread the four gospels on Jesus' life & contemplate it deeply.
I have said it numerous times & will continue to say it: The Lord deals with the heart. He examines the motives Psalm 139:23-24 (KJV) &Psalm 51:10-12(KJV).
Biblical intellectual "prowess" withot true heart surrender means absolutely "0" to the Lord. Ask Saul/Paul...
Sabbath or Sunday church attendance once a week will not suffice, nor will doing "acts of Christ" either.
Revelation 3:15-16(KJV) & Matthew 7:22-23(KJV) clearly explain the level of importance of this very serious matter.
Time to be truly committed to serving Christ.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Open Heaven 7 February 2020 Devotional / Successful Marriage Secrets / The First Book Of Adam And Eve: Chapter IV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.