Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,276 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Stabilzer/hub/bearings And Shock Problems - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Stabilzer/hub/bearings And Shock Problems (789 Views)

Save Your Vehicles Shock Absorber With Shock Absorber Cushion Buffer / ALL ON SALE New Shock Absorber for Toyota & Honda For Sale - USA Brand / KYB Shock Absorbers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stabilzer/hub/bearings And Shock Problems by earthrealm(m): 9:37am On Dec 08, 2010
hello house.
i need info on this issue
my car was making a clanging noise on potholes and i hv some degree of difficulty climbing curbs/rd divider.
i took the car to the repair shop n they diagnoised that i need to chang the 2 front hubs/shocks/bearing/stabilizer.

cud any one tell me if this will solve my problem?,
what r the symptoms of a bad hub/linkage/shock/bearing?

also who has an estimate of the cost of new and or toks in naija
the car is a 2003 rav 4 4wd auto transmission
thanks
Re: Stabilzer/hub/bearings And Shock Problems by dantitiki(m): 10:59am On Dec 08, 2010
All those parts mentioned make up the complete SUSPENSION. From what you have explained, the fault should be between the BUSHINGS and the STABILISER LINKAGES.

The HUB, you'll know when it needs change if the tyres aren't stable or it wobbles on

The BEARINGS, you'll know when they are bad when you hear grinding noises when the car is in motion.

I'll advise you seek a more professional advise than the one you intend working on.

Kind regards.
Re: Stabilzer/hub/bearings And Shock Problems by earthrealm(m): 3:24pm On Dec 08, 2010
Ok thanks 4 ur response.noticed dat my front tyre.drivers side.is a bit wobbly.am able 2 move it a bit 4rm side 2 side wit my hands when de car is parked!.guess dats a hub prob.
Nb .de diagnosis was done in toyota place.

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Facoma 2003 Model On Sales At A Give Away Price Of 1.450,000m / Sharp 2004/05 Toyota Corolla[s]@ Affordable Rates N1.2m Call 08023055599 / In Need of Nija Used 2002-2005 CRV.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.