Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,892 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" (20270 Views)

PDP Demands INEC To Conduct Fresh Elections In 27 State Constituencies In River. / Ikonne: Abia PDP Can Conduct Fresh Primary – INEC / Kano Rerun: Conduct Fresh Or Cancelled "Supplementary Election" - Kwankwaso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by Nobody: 8:27am On Jan 22, 2020
ejimatic:
I agreed with you but did those sack by Ihedioah go to court?If yes they would be reinstated. but if they did not they have slept over their right.Hope has the right to conduct another election.However the supreme court judgement has been in existence for about three years .The state government's are only defying it
Ekiti Supreme Court judgement was earlier this year and even the LG chairmen in Imo state forcefully wanted to take over their former seats which led to the death of a councillor in Isu LG. Recently the AGF also wrote to Oyo state governor to abide by the rule as it extends to all the 36 states of the federation with that I believe Hope hands will be tied because he can't go against a Supreme Court judgement that brought him in.
Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by Homiesjinxbank: 8:44am On Jan 22, 2020
But wait oo, shey bi it was APC that was ruling IMO state before?? Why those idiot no condemn APC last reign na? Naija self
Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by chukel(m): 8:50am On Jan 22, 2020
People who don't know anything about imo state are here talking trash. Okorocha conducted LGA elections before leaving. Ihedioha came and sacked all elected LGA chairmen. He appointed caretaker committee. What's wrong in Hope conducting LGA elections. That's what the law stipulates.
Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by chukel(m): 8:52am On Jan 22, 2020
ejimatic:
If Iheodiah had conducted local government elections before there is no need of conducting another election.The Supreme court judgement says all of them should finish their tenure.If no election before you are free to conduct elections now into the local governments.
ihedioha did not conduct any election. He sacked duly elected LG chairmen and councillors and appointed a caretaker committee

1 Like

Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by chukel(m): 8:55am On Jan 22, 2020
Funkybabee:
Who gave u such power unless inec say so and if they say so, it will involved your own
I have said it severally. You should just stay in romance section. You keep making blunders all in the bid to comment on nairaland. Inec has nothing to do with LGA elections. Must everyone say something?

2 Likes

Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by Wiliam1022: 9:36am On Jan 22, 2020
It's quite unfortunate that the Supreme Court took such stand. But the interest of Imolites should be Uzodima priority.
Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by mareema(f): 10:19am On Jan 22, 2020
Are you a tired wife or a husband who is tired of seeing his wife stress herself up over housework everyday? Are you also confused on where to get maids who are trustworthy and willing to work? Don’t worry, at TheMaid Depot , you can meet varieties and make your selection. Contact 08176500950 for request. We are happy to match you with a domestic staff.
Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by Euegene100001: 10:57am On Jan 22, 2020
This county nor get were e dey go
You sack elected local government chairmen and put caretakers .If this is right then the president has the right to sack governor elected and appoint its own .funny country
Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by sukar886: 11:00am On Jan 22, 2020
hope uzodinma is now the new INEC Chairman.... buhari should please instruct INEC to conduct chairmanship and councillor election in 36 states in ... Governors don kill us
Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by ejimatic: 11:05am On Jan 22, 2020
Mkpakala:

Ekiti Supreme Court judgement was earlier this year and even the LG chairmen in Imo state forcefully wanted to take over their former seats which led to the death of a councillor in Isu LG. Recently the AGF also wrote to Oyo state governor to abide by the rule as it extends to all the 36 states of the federation with that I believe Hope hands will be tied because he can't go against a Supreme Court judgement that brought him in.
You are right.... He can still use those sacked ones after due consultation

1 Like

Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by Cmanforall: 11:10am On Jan 22, 2020
Mikelarteta:
Local Government has been to reduced to Money siphoning For State governments. They are all at the mercies of theestate governors.
This is why I support autonomy of the local government. That's one of the major ways grassroot people can hold government account. They shall also vote the person they trust that will work for them.

And most LG Chairmen are reachable, in the sense that the people know their homes. So it will make anyone occupying such seat to be up and doing, and not take it as a political appointment.

#I Stand For LG Autonomy.
Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by MayorofLagos(m): 2:37pm On Jan 22, 2020
Dre555:
inec doesn't conduct lg chairman elections in Nigeria. it's the State electoral commission that conducts it.

Please provide more clarity.

Is State Electoral Commission an organ of State Executive, or that of INEC?
Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 22, 2020
Dupalmer:
PDP reaping what they sowed for 16years. You see how useless this country is.
political power in Nigeria never serves the interest of the people, it all about vengeance, grandstanding, greed, personal aggrandisement and favoritism.
You forgot that hope was a member of the PDP for that 16 years,
Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 22, 2020
Dupalmer:
PDP reaping what they sowed for 16years. You see how useless this country is.
political power in Nigeria never serves the interest of the people, it all about vengeance, grandstanding, greed, personal aggrandisement and favoritism.
You forgot that hope was a member of the PDP for that 16/years,m
Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by Manvitan2(m): 5:33pm On Jan 22, 2020
MayorofLagos:
Only INEC has power to do that, Governors do not have power to conduct elections.
In Nigeria it's the governor's who determine if election will be conducted in their state or not. 7yrs plus, Ex Gov Okorocha didn't conduct any LG election.
Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by Kelvin125(m): 9:19pm On Jan 22, 2020
maziokafor1:
Imo people are in trouble... This one won't even achieve anything his tenure go finish. The first one was busy building statues, the second one was busy seizing the properties of the first one. Now this one wants to start conducting fresh elections to remove the candidate of the second one. I dy write Rubbish I know but the Rubbish wia Hope Uzodinma want do go pass mine own
This is the funniest thing I've seen from you
Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by Fuckgovt: 9:28am On Jan 23, 2020
This news has exposed one fool that came here to lie that all the LG chairmen were APC. JUST to justify the illegal installation of hope uzodinma as gov.
Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by Fuckgovt: 9:30am On Jan 23, 2020
optimus106:
Are you INEc?

What kind of country is this sef?
the state inec boards are easily influenced by govs

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Youths Plan Nationwide Protest Over Rising Fuel Prices, Scarcity / Swore: Labour Party Begged INEC To Help With Polling Agents List / Minimum Wage: Harmonised Package To Be Ready May 29

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.