Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,200 members, 7,839,087 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Mike Ozekhome: Why Supreme Court Judgment On Imo Can't Be Reviewed - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mike Ozekhome: Why Supreme Court Judgment On Imo Can't Be Reviewed (38320 Views)

"Imo Can't Vote For Uzodinma" - Kelly Handsome, Clashes With APC Chieftains / Ozekhome: Why Northerners Are Scared Of Southern Governors’ Asaba Accord / Why Supreme Court Sacked Ihedioha And Declared Uzodinma Winner In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why Supreme Court Judgment On Imo Can't Be Reviewed by garfield1: 10:47am On Jan 22, 2020
PFRB:

.y man, acrreditation is what determines over voting. My man the issue of Uche Nwosu is fresh evidence or fresh fact to the case. Judicial reviews are based on fresh evidence or frsh facts.
It cannot be fresh sir.pdp could have raised it úp but they didn't.again,apc and hope were not joined
Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why Supreme Court Judgment On Imo Can't Be Reviewed by backbone503(m): 10:51am On Jan 22, 2020
Mynd44:

Actually, yes.

Imagine a murder case or rape trial where new evidence (possibly DNA testing) comes out to prove that the culprit didn't commit the offence, do you think because the supreme court has given its judgement the judgment won't be reversed?

People actually get release from jail after serving up to 7 years for crime because the police stumbled on evidence proving innocence.

Yes, there is a finality to the Supreme Court but it the court isn't closed to reversing itself in the face of overwhelmingly new evidence

What then did they do in the High and Appeal Courts? Supreme court simply reviews earlier judgements given.

1 Like

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why Supreme Court Judgment On Imo Can't Be Reviewed by Righteousness89(m): 11:39am On Jan 22, 2020
Ihedioha will Return as Governor of IMO state..

As a Human being, I don't know how..

But I Believe, He will Return as Governor
Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why Supreme Court Judgment On Imo Can't Be Reviewed by PFRB: 12:02pm On Jan 22, 2020
garfield1:

It cannot be fresh sir.pdp could have raised it úp but they didn't.again,apc and hope were not joined
My man judicial revision is not based on evidence already before the court. It is based on evidence and facts that are fresh. Fresh is the word.
Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why Supreme Court Judgment On Imo Can't Be Reviewed by garfield1: 12:32pm On Jan 22, 2020
PFRB:

My man judicial revision is not based on evidence already before the court. It is based on evidence and facts that are fresh. Fresh is the word.
Oga oh,am too tired to argue.ihedioha is gone
Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why Supreme Court Judgment On Imo Can't Be Reviewed by zoedew: 1:27pm On Jan 22, 2020
For once, and in a very long while Mike Ozekhome spoke!
Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why Supreme Court Judgment On Imo Can't Be Reviewed by poiZon: 2:30pm On Jan 22, 2020
Aufbauh:
It is only an 'Ignoramus stupidize' person who's leaving in a fool paradise that will think that the Supreme Court will review its technical judgement.
Leaving or living....

Ayam not getting it
Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why Supreme Court Judgment On Imo Can't Be Reviewed by dbonks(m): 3:11pm On Jan 22, 2020
fulanimafia:
Its a mighty relief to know Mike Ozekhome is not a lost cause and still has some brain cells left.

I am still trying to reconcile how some people reasoned that it is possible to review a SUPREME Court judgment simply because they are butthurt at the courts decision.

Ironically, these same elements will gather and thoughtlessly call our darling President "undemocratic".

Wailing clowns cheesy

You were silent when the same Tanko led Supreme Court gifted Zamfara to the PDP so kindly maintain that same silent energy and respect the rule of law. Shikenan.

In a bid to sound hard and superlative you have ignorantly made mockery of yourself. Is the Zamfara case the same thing with the IMO case? Now for the records, the case of Zamfara was a pre-election matter between factions of APC after which it was declared that the party did not obey its own constitution in electing the candidates, so their candidature was voided and the various runnerups were mandated to take over the first positions, thereby the new order, also you should know that it was not only the PDP that benefited from that judgement, other parties also did. So compare it with what happened in IMO and learn to make your comments Without embarrassing others.
Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why Supreme Court Judgment On Imo Can't Be Reviewed by Hangulsaram: 3:41pm On Jan 22, 2020
garfield1:

apc did not complain here or protest in a stat that is 100% apc unlike imo that is multi partisan
How can you called a state Hundred Percent a party, the other candidates from other political parties that contested in the election and their supporters are what?
The court judgement there was clear and just, they did not follow due process of producing a candidate through primary election.
That of Imo state, the number of votes exceed the both registered and accredited votes.
Common even a little child knows that the judgement should have been to order for re-election.
Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why Supreme Court Judgment On Imo Can't Be Reviewed by garfield1: 4:25pm On Jan 22, 2020
Hangulsaram:

How can you called a state Hundred Percent a party, the other candidates from other political parties that contested in the election and their supporters are what?
The court judgement their was clear and just, they did not follow due process of producing a candidate through primary election.
That of Imo state, the number of votes exceed the both registered and accredited votes.
Common even a little child knows that the judgement should have been to order for re-election.
Oga,before the apex court ruling in zamfara,were pdp or any other party holding any elective office in zamfara? Has any party apart from anpp and later apc ever won in zamfara? Do you realize that normally primaries are internal affairs of parties and they should not interfere? Do you realize thst a lot of parties do not conduct primaries but just submit names?

As for imo state,total registered voters is 2 million.better join apc before it's too late
Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why Supreme Court Judgment On Imo Can't Be Reviewed by Legendguru: 5:20pm On Jan 22, 2020
How
Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why Supreme Court Judgment On Imo Can't Be Reviewed by Hangulsaram: 11:17pm On Jan 22, 2020
garfield1:

Oga,before the apex court ruling in zamfara,were pdp or any other party holding any elective office in zamfara? Has any party apart from anpp and later apc ever won in zamfara? Do you realize that normally primaries are internal affairs of parties and they should not interfere? Do you realize thst a lot of parties do not conduct primaries but just submit names?

As for imo state,total registered voters is 2 million.better join apc before it's too late
Really, just look at ur self, internal affairs, did INEC interfered on that? No the court has to do the needful because they violated the electoral act.
Did you Total registered vote is 2million, so what is the total Accredited vote?
I wish u will understand that the court is the hope of a common Man like u and I, if the court should fail then we are trouble.
Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why Supreme Court Judgment On Imo Can't Be Reviewed by garfield1: 11:33pm On Jan 22, 2020
Hangulsaram:

Really, just look at ur self, internal affairs, did INEC interfered on that? No the court has to do the needful because they violated the electoral act.
Did you Total registered vote is 2million, so what is the total Accredited vote?
I wish u will understand that the court is the hope of a common Man like u and I, if the court should fail then we are trouble.
Oga,both ihedioha and uzodinma are not common men mr.they are millionaires,why bother about them? The court mostly favors them.go to any cell and you will rarely see big men there.

Trust me,am the only one on this forum that clearly predicted ihedioha's removal and in that same vein,am telling you that the judiciary were totally right legally.morally or politically you may have questions but it is legally solid.
Do me a favour,review supreme court rulings since 1999 and you will discover that this is their best era.
Constitutionally,for you to question over voting,you use manual voters register and if you look at all the registers of all the 388 units in contention,you will see that the accredited names will tally with the votes scored.most nigerisns are so uninformed legally �and refuse to be enlightened
Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why Supreme Court Judgment On Imo Can't Be Reviewed by Hangulsaram: 3:53am On Jan 23, 2020
garfield1:

Oga,both ihedioha and uzodinma are not common men mr.they are millionaires,why bother about them? The court mostly favors them.go to any cell and you will rarely see big men there.

Trust me,am the only one on this forum that clearly predicted ihedioha's removal and in that same vein,am telling you that the judiciary were totally right legally.morally or politically you may have questions but it is legally solid.
Do me a favour,review supreme court rulings since 1999 and you will discover that this is their best era.
[b]Constitutionally,for you to question over voting,you use manual voters register and if you look at all the registers of all the 388 units in contention,you will see that the accredited names will tally with the votes scored.[/b]most nigerisns are so uninformed legally �and refuse to be enlightened
Tally with the document that INEC have or with the APC and Court calculations?
What the court should have done is to order for a new election in the affected areas. @ This is the best era of Supreme Court ruling, I give up.
Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why Supreme Court Judgment On Imo Can't Be Reviewed by garfield1: 8:30am On Jan 23, 2020
Hangulsaram:

Tally with the document that INEC have or with the APC and Court calculations?
What the court should have done is to order for a new election in the affected areas. @ This is the best era of Supreme Court ruling, I give up.
Oh,am wasting my time with you.you are just an apc hater,nothing will make sense to you.i also hate pdp but not blindly.
Electoral calculations must tally with the constitution which is superior to inec.the courts cannot order any rerun after finding out that the excluded votes were valid,legal,regular and will produce a winner
Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why Supreme Court Judgment On Imo Can't Be Reviewed by Hangulsaram: 10:05am On Jan 23, 2020
garfield1:

Oh,am wasting my time with you.you are just an apc hater,nothing will make sense to you.i also hate pdp but not blindly.
Electoral calculations must tally with the constitution which is superior to inec.the courts cannot order any rerun after finding out that the excluded votes were valid,legal,regular and will produce a winner
Call me anything, why are you the only one with this interpretation, all the SANs, Lawyers in Nigeria have different view.
Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why Supreme Court Judgment On Imo Can't Be Reviewed by AUSVINS(m): 10:18am On Jan 23, 2020
maximunimpact:
Mike Ozekhome pretended for a while to be the peoples lawyer shortly after he escaped kidnappers den in 2013.... seems he has forgotten
How are we even sure he did not Mastermind the said kidnapping

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

INEC Declares APC’s Nwifuru Winner Of Ebonyi Governorship Election / Xenophobia: South Africa President, Cyril Ramaphosa Reacts To Xenophobic Attack / Lai Mohammed: "We Lost Twitter Headquarters To Ghana Due To EndSARS Protest"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.