Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,995 members, 7,825,072 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Who Is Rivers State Best Governor Since 1999? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Rivers State Best Governor Since 1999? (2201 Views)

Is Rivers Now A Confused State Because Of One Man’s Greed? - Hilda Dokubo / Poll Ranks Obiano As Best Anambra Governor Since 1999 / Ganduje Bags ‘Best Governor’ Award Despite Bribe-taking Videos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Rivers State Best Governor Since 1999? by garfield1: 10:38am On Jan 22, 2020
Between odili,amaechi and wike,i think amaechi is rivers best governor since 1999.wike is the worst.even the biggest enemies of amaechi cannot deny this.i toured the rural areas of rivers between 2012 and 2015 and was amazed at the level of projects in these far flung communities.i went back there last year and no new projects are ongoing except what amaechi constructed.wike only focuses on port harcourt and other ikwerre areas.

Mynd44
Ekinematics
Otokx
Oyatz
Simplyleo
Okoroawusa
Yarimo
Caseless
Oyindidi
Meleszenawi
Fratermathy
Afrospecial
Gamelnasser

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Rivers State Best Governor Since 1999? by flejnr2(f): 10:40am On Jan 22, 2020
Nyemso wicked
Re: Who Is Rivers State Best Governor Since 1999? by muykem: 10:43am On Jan 22, 2020
Amechi.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Rivers State Best Governor Since 1999? by garfield1: 10:45am On Jan 22, 2020
muykem:
Amechi.
He might be the Lizard of ubima politically but hes a lion when it comes to projects

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Rivers State Best Governor Since 1999? by garfield1: 10:45am On Jan 22, 2020
flejnr2:
Nyemso wicked
How
Re: Who Is Rivers State Best Governor Since 1999? by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 22, 2020
muykem:
Amechi.

Amaechi not Amechi.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Rivers State Best Governor Since 1999? by Ebenezar2020(m): 10:47am On Jan 22, 2020
muykem:
Amechi.
you're not from Rivers State so you can't speak for the people of Rivers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Rivers State Best Governor Since 1999? by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 22, 2020
Best Governor of rivers state is Peter otunuya Odili.

Golden Governor.

4 Likes

Re: Who Is Rivers State Best Governor Since 1999? by OsmanTolu: 10:53am On Jan 22, 2020
[s]
Osagyefo98:

Golden Governor.
[/s]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Rivers State Best Governor Since 1999? by OsmanTolu: 10:53am On Jan 22, 2020
[s]
Osagyefo98:

Amaechi not Amechi.
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Rivers State Best Governor Since 1999? by lomprico(m): 11:09am On Jan 22, 2020
Amechi

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Rivers State Best Governor Since 1999? by garfield1: 11:19am On Jan 22, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Golden Governor.
Hmmm
Re: Who Is Rivers State Best Governor Since 1999? by garfield1: 11:20am On Jan 22, 2020
Ebenezar2020:
you're not from Rivers State so you can't speak for the people of Rivers
Even non indigenes who stay in rivers can contribute
Re: Who Is Rivers State Best Governor Since 1999? by positivelord: 11:26am On Jan 22, 2020
CHIBUIKE AMECHI and nobody even come close

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Rivers State Best Governor Since 1999? by owunabastard: 11:44am On Jan 22, 2020
Amechi true true

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Rivers State Best Governor Since 1999? by BigBabyJesus: 11:45am On Jan 22, 2020
Wike

The man is a one-man crusader.

He declared Rivers for Christ and Christians only and got the Boko orcs up north all shook.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Rivers State Best Governor Since 1999? by garfield1: 12:39pm On Jan 22, 2020
BigBabyJesus:
Wike

The man is a one-man crusader.

He declared Rivers for Christ and Christians only and got the Boko orcs up north all shook.

We are talking about projects not religious fanatics

4 Likes

Re: Who Is Rivers State Best Governor Since 1999? by chidi4eze(m): 12:58pm On Jan 22, 2020
Amaechi

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Rivers State Best Governor Since 1999? by csamii: 1:10pm On Jan 22, 2020
Amaechi

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Rivers State Best Governor Since 1999? by juman(m): 1:12pm On Jan 22, 2020
Amaechi of course.

But towards the end of his tenure he spent billions of naira from state money on apc.
Just like lagos state that time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Rivers State Best Governor Since 1999? by juman(m): 1:13pm On Jan 22, 2020
Wike is a mere noise maker thug.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Rivers State Best Governor Since 1999? by Staro: 1:27pm On Jan 22, 2020
OP, why is it so difficult for you to list Amaechi's projects which you saw during your
so-called 2012 - 2015 tour?

You APC Zombies are so laughable.
Tomorrow, when Wike defects to APC, he will become your god.

Nonsense!

Amaechi spent 8yrs.
Wike has spent only 4yrs and some months but you're already comparing them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Rivers State Best Governor Since 1999? by Nwadiuto247: 1:43pm On Jan 22, 2020
Amaechi did well in his first tenure but performed badly in his second tenure due to his fight with Jonathan.

Wike also did well in his first tenure and he is also doing well in his second tenure so far.

If Wike sustains what he is doing till the end of his tenure, then that will make him the best a.mong the rest and Amaechi wll be second, Lets see how it goes

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Rivers State Best Governor Since 1999? by chozzy: 1:50pm On Jan 22, 2020
Staro:
OP, why is it so difficult for you to list Amaechi's projects which you saw during your

Nonsense!

Amaechi spent 8yrs.

Don't mind those silly hypocrites.
See, the way zombies reason ehn ....

I have two Cross River APC friends who used to claim that Sen Hope Uzodinma
was the reason Calabar Sea Port is moribund.

They claimed GEJ awarded dredging contract to his company but he diverted the money.
That was like 3yrs ago when Sen Hope was still in PDP. They called him all sorts of
names - thief, corrupt, rogue, criminal etc.

Fast forward 2020 and Sen Hope is now IMO state governor under APC.
These my ZOMBIES friends are now his biggest online supporters. They defend him
so strongly on Facebook and Twitter

See, the ZOMBIE tittle fits these guys so well.
They can't reason on their own. They just flow blindly with the lies and propaganda of their party

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Is Rivers State Best Governor Since 1999? by dukeprince50: 2:26pm On Jan 22, 2020
Staro:

Nonsense!

Amaechi spent 8yrs.

This isn't about Zombie or whatever.
Amaechi is the best Governor we've had here in Rivers.
Wike is second but the gap between him and Amaechi is massive, Amaechi has the vision of greater port-Harcourt, but politics killed it.
Keep party Aside, You can't call a minister that beats Amaechi in project since 1999. We were lucky to have him as a Governor. And as a minister he was second to non, he doesn't take part in insulting opposition party, hes just doing what is expected of him, call him names but he is one of the best leaders(visionary) Nigerian has ever had

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Rivers State Best Governor Since 1999? by dukeprince50: 2:31pm On Jan 22, 2020
positivelord:
CHIBUIKE AMECHI and nobody even come close
To me Wike is second when it comes to project but the difference between him and Amaechi is massive. He just enjoy the publicity, the guy no deh develop nothing.

I'll give Amaechi 87%
Wike will get 45%
Odili gets 14%

Ganduje gets 78% (for reference sake)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Rivers State Best Governor Since 1999? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 22, 2020
Rivers state's best governor.

You mean the best among the worst of the worst?

If only y'all know how much these clowns collect as monthly allocation on your behalf, you will curse them day and night with every breath you draw.

Best governor my brown ass.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Rivers State Best Governor Since 1999? by KenOne: 2:40pm On Jan 22, 2020
[quote author=Staro post=86015129].

Nonsense!

Amaechi spent 8yrs.

Are you serious?

1 Like

Re: Who Is Rivers State Best Governor Since 1999? by KenOne: 2:44pm On Jan 22, 2020
Staro:

Nonsense!

Amaechi spent 8yrs.

Let me educate you on few projects of Amaechi i know, because i can't know in all 23 local government.
1)Amaechi built and dualised airport road to boundary between Rivers and Imo.

2)Amaechi dualised the following roads in Port Harcourt.
-Ikwerre road, from UST to Mile one
-Rumuola road
- Ada George
- Rumuokwuta to
-Elekahia road
-Stadium
-Old Aba road Rumubiokani
-Rumuogba
- Started Trans Amadi
-Dline internal
-Olu Obasanjo

Amaechi created new city to ease congestion in Port Harcourt
- Greater Port Harcourt City
- Built 45k seater capacity stadium
- Low cost housing estate in greater Port Harcourt
-Built tunnel drainage for storm water
-Built some internal roads in Greater Port Harcourt City phase 1A

Note: the Greater Port Harcourt City has been abandoned by Wike.

Bridges and flyovers:
-Eleme interchange
-Obiri Ikwerre airport link road
-Eliozu bridge.

Health care:
Built health care centers in over 200 wards in
Rivers

Schools:
- Built world class boarding secondary school in Eleme
-Built world class primary school in over 200 wards in Rivers
Established Ignatius Ajuru University of Education
- Established Ken Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic
- Made sure Rivers University lecturers never participated in strike by paying them the highest salary structure for University ( Amaechi tenure Rivers University never shot down the school calendar was never interrupted even when ASUU went on strike)

Agriculture:
-Amaechi established Shongai farm
-Revamped Risonpalm company
-Revamped Rubber plantation company.
- Established fish farm at
- Fish farm Ubima.

Employment:

-Amaechi employed over 250 medical doctors and 800 nurses to man the newly built heath centers.
-Amaechi employed 13,000

Agency created for employment too:
-RSSDA
-GPHCDA

Traffic control:
TIMARIF

Security:
Amaechi established C4i managed by Isrealis with modern security post and communication gadgets in all entry point of Port Harcourt from East, West, North and South.

5 Likes

Re: Who Is Rivers State Best Governor Since 1999? by infohenry(m): 2:52pm On Jan 22, 2020
Staro:

Nonsense!

Amaechi spent 8yrs.
state.
To you everything is about APC and PDP, I really pity you because you know nothing about politics.
Op for your question Amaechi is still best for now until some else surpass his acievements in rivers

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Rivers State Best Governor Since 1999? by Oyindidi(f): 2:53pm On Jan 22, 2020
garfield1:
Between odili,amaechi and wike,i think amaechi is rivers best governor since 1999.wike is the worst.even the biggest enemies of amaechi cannot deny this.i toured the rural areas of rivers between 2012 and 2015 and was amazed at the level of projects in these far flung communities.i went back there last year and no new projects are ongoing except what amaechi constructed.wike only focuses on port harcourt and other ikwerre areas.

Mynd44
Ekinematics
Otokx
Oyatz
Simplyleo
Okoroawusa
Yarimo
Caseless
Oyindidi
Meleszenawi
Fratermathy
Afrospecial
Gamelnasser
Don't mention me when you want lie grin
Re: Who Is Rivers State Best Governor Since 1999? by Gaddafiyusf(m): 3:10pm On Jan 22, 2020
Buhari

(1) (2) (Reply)

South/South, South/East, Created To Divide People Who Should Be United- Kanu / See What IPOB Did. / Peter Obi Pricing Pepper & Palm Kernels In The Market - Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.