Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,316 members, 7,811,944 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

Proof That Ibraheem (Abraham) Was Commanded To Sacrifice Isaac And Not Ismael - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Proof That Ibraheem (Abraham) Was Commanded To Sacrifice Isaac And Not Ismael (634 Views)

The Foundation Of Al-haneefiyyah, The Religion Of Ibraheem. / Wallahi One Of The Best Place I Have Been To Is Nigeria - Mufti Ismael Musa Menk / What Hijra Taught Me By Ibraheem Olanrewaju Ahmad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Proof That Ibraheem (Abraham) Was Commanded To Sacrifice Isaac And Not Ismael by advocatejare(m): 7:09pm On Jan 22, 2020
Most Muslims do not know that Sarah was not the mother of Ishmael. Ishmael is the ancestor of the Arabs and Muhammad. Ishmael was the son of Hagar the Egyptian slave of Sarah.

Imams and Ustaz always lie to us that Abraham wanted to sacrifice Ishmael but the Quran never made that claim. The Quran was silent on the name of the sacrificial son, but it's glaring that the son is Isaac

The Quran is disjointed, I'll help you by bringing it together so that you can know that Isaac is the one whose glad tidings was brought
رَبِّ هَبْ لِى مِنَ الصّٰلِحِينَ
"My Lord, grant me [a child] from among the righteous."
(QS. As-Saaffaat 37: Verse 100)

فَبَشَّرْنٰهُ بِغُلٰمٍ حَلِيمٍ
"So We gave him good tidings of a forbearing boy."
(QS. As-Saaffaat 37: Verse 101)

وَامْرَأَتُهُۥ قَآئِمَةٌ فَضَحِكَتْ فَبَشَّرْنٰهَا بِإِسْحٰقَ وَمِنْ وَرَآءِ إِسْحٰقَ يَعْقُوبَ
"And his Wife was standing, and she smiled. Then We gave her good tidings of Isaac and after Isaac, Jacob."
(QS. Hud 11: Verse 71)

وَبَشَّرْنٰهُ بِإِسْحٰقَ نَبِيًّا مِّنَ الصّٰلِحِينَ
"And We gave him good tidings of Isaac, a prophet from among the righteous."
(QS. As-Saaffaat 37: Verse 112)

فَلَمَّا بَلَغَ مَعَهُ السَّعْىَ قَالَ يٰبُنَىَّ إِنِّىٓ أَرٰى فِى الْمَنَامِ أَنِّىٓ أَذْبَحُكَ فَانْظُرْ مَاذَا تَرٰى  ۚ قَالَ يٰٓأَبَتِ افْعَلْ مَا تُؤْمَرُ  ۖ سَتَجِدُنِىٓ إِنْ شَآءَ اللَّهُ مِنَ الصّٰبِرِينَ
"And when he reached with him [the age of] exertion, he said, O my son, indeed I have seen in a dream that I [must] sacrifice you, so see what you think. He said, O my father, do as you are commanded. You will find me, if Allah wills, of the steadfast."
(QS. As-Saaffaat 37: Verse 102)

The Quran didn't tell us why Abraham's wife smiled (wife not slave girl) we will pardon the Quran for not telling us because the Quran had said we should believe in the Torah and in the Torah, the reason why Sarah laughed was explained.

Muhammad knew that he plagiarized the Torah, Psalms and Gospels that was why he directed you to those books for proper understanding of what he told you because without those books most stories in the Quran can't be understood, and he was also exonerating himself in a way. So that on day of judgement when you're giving excuses that Muhammad was the one that misled you, Muhammad would simply tell you that he had instructed you to find out the truth by yourself

Now let me teach you.

"My Lord, grant me [a child] from among the righteous."
(QS. As-Saaffaat 37: Verse 100)

This is the Explanation :

Genesis 15
Verse 1 : Some time later, the Lord spoke to Abram in a vision and said to him, “Do not be afraid, Abram, for I will protect you, and your reward will be great.”

2. But Abram replied, “O Sovereign Lord, what good are all your blessings when I don’t even have a son? Since you’ve given me no children, Eliezer of Damascus, a servant in my household, will inherit all my wealth.

4. Then the Lord said to him, “No, your servant will not be your heir, for you will have a son of your own who will be your heir.”

But Sarah decided to help God by giving her maid, Hagar to Abraham because Sarah felt she was too old to have a child.

Genesis 16:1-2
Now Sarai, Abram’s wife, had not been able to bear children for him. But she had an Egyptian servant named Hagar.
So Sarai said to Abram, “The Lord has prevented me from having children. Go and sleep with my servant. Perhaps I can have children through her.” And Abram agreed with Sarai’s proposal.

But when Hagar got pregnant for Abraham, she began to treat Sarah in contempt and Sarah reported to Abraham who then asked Sarah to deal with Hagar as she liked since Hagar was her maid. Sarah then sent Hagar away and the Angel of the Lord saw Hagar and instructed her to go back and submit to the authority of Sarah her mistress and the Angel of the Lord told Hagar that the child in her womb will be called Ishmael and that

"This son of yours will be a wild man, as untamed as a wild donkey! He will raise his fist against everyone, and everyone will be against him. Yes, he will live in open hostility against all his relatives.”

Perfect description of Muhammad, a wild man, untamed and in open hostility against his relatives the descendants of Isaac(Israel)
-Genesis 16:5-12

Now, God brought the good tidings of Isaac by telling Abraham that Sarah would have a child

Genesis 17:15-22
Then God said to Abraham, “Regarding Sarai, your wife—her name will no longer be Sarai. From now on her name will be Sarah.
And I will bless her and give you a son from her! Yes, I will bless her richly, and she will become the mother of many nations. Kings of nations will be among her descendants.”

Then Abraham bowed down to the ground, but he laughed to himself in disbelief. “How could I become a father at the age of 100?” he thought. “And how can Sarah have a baby when she is ninety years old?”

Then Abraham wanted to help God again by saying God should simply bless Ishmael instead of trying to give Sarah a child at that very old age.

But God replied, “No—Sarah, your wife, will give birth to a son for you. You will name him Isaac, and I will confirm my covenant with him and his descendants as an everlasting covenant.

He said He will bless Ishmael too but his covenant will be with Isaac.

Now on the issue of Sarah's laughter.

Genesis 18:10-14

Then one of them said, “I will return to you about this time next year, and your wife, Sarah, will have a son!” Sarah was listening to this conversation from the tent.

Abraham and Sarah were both very old by this time, and Sarah was long past the age of having children.

So she laughed silently to herself and said, “How could a worn-out woman like me enjoy such pleasure, especially when my master—my husband—is also so old?”

Then the Lord said to Abraham, “Why did Sarah laugh? Why did she say, ‘Can an old woman like me have a baby?’

Is anything too hard for the Lord? I will return about this time next year, and Sarah will have a son.”

Genesis 21:1-3
The Lord kept his word and did for Sarah exactly what he had promised.

She became pregnant, and she gave birth to a son for Abraham in his old age. This happened at just the time God had said it would.
And Abraham named their son Isaac.

Later, Ishmael was making fun of Isaac and Sarah saw him and asked Abraham to send Hagar and Ishmael away and that was how they left Abraham's house leaving Abraham with only Isaac as the only Son in his house, long before Abraham was instructed to sacrifice Isaac.

Now, the Bible was clear on whom Abraham was to sacrifice

Genesis 22:2

“Take your son, your only son—yes, Isaac, whom you love so much—and go to the land of Moriah. Go and sacrifice him as a burnt offering on one of the mountains, which I will show you.”

1 Like

Re: Proof That Ibraheem (Abraham) Was Commanded To Sacrifice Isaac And Not Ismael by ibsaq(m): 11:53pm On Jan 22, 2020
so you believe in Quran

1 Like

Re: Proof That Ibraheem (Abraham) Was Commanded To Sacrifice Isaac And Not Ismael by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:25am On Jan 23, 2020
ibsaq:
so you believe in Quran

When it favours his position he believes it.
When he see verses he can twist, he uses the Qur'an.

Someone has answered him on all these nonsense he's posting but he just wants to spread his ignorance!
Re: Proof That Ibraheem (Abraham) Was Commanded To Sacrifice Isaac And Not Ismael by AntiChristian: 8:30am On Jan 23, 2020
Rashduct4luv:

When it favours his position he believes it.
When he see verses he can twist, he uses the Qur'an.

Someone has answered him on all these nonsense he's posting but he just wants to spread his ignorance!

No mind am. Something so clear. I gave him this verses and he still came here to spread his falsehood.

Allaah says of His slave and Close Friend (Khaleel) Ibraaheem (peace be upon him) (interpretation of the meaning):

And he said (after his rescue from the fire): “Verily, I am going to my Lord. He will guide me!”

“My Lord! Grant me (offspring) from the righteous.”

So We gave him the glad tidings of a forbearing boy.

And, when he (his son) was old enough to walk with him, he said: “O my son! I have seen in a dream that I am slaughtering you (offering you in sacrifice to Allaah). So look what you think!” He said: “O my father! Do that which you are commanded, In shaa’ Allaah (if Allaah wills), you shall find me of As-Saabiroon (the patient).”

Then, when they had both submitted themselves (to the Will of Allaah), and he had laid him prostrate on his forehead (or on the side of his forehead for slaughtering);

We called out to him: “O Ibraaheem!

You have fulfilled the dream!” Verily, thus do We reward the Muhsinoon (good-doers).

Verily, that indeed was a manifest trial.

And We ransomed him with a great sacrifice (i.e. a ram);

And We left for him (a goodly remembrance) among the later generations.

“Salaam (peace) be upon Ibraaheem!”

Thus indeed do We reward the Muhsinoon (good-doers).

Verily, he was one of Our believing slaves.

And We gave him the glad tidings of Ishaaq (Isaac) a Prophet from the righteous.

We blessed him and Ishaaq (Isaac). And of their progeny are (some) that do right, and some that plainly wrong themselves.” [al-Saaffaat 37:99-113)

The Glad tidings of Isaac came after the sacrifice!
Re: Proof That Ibraheem (Abraham) Was Commanded To Sacrifice Isaac And Not Ismael by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:35am On Jan 23, 2020
AntiChristian:

No mind am. Something so clear. I gave him this verses and he still came here to spread his falsehood.

Allaah says of His slave and Close Friend (Khaleel) Ibraaheem (peace be upon him) (interpretation of the meaning):

And he said (after his rescue from the fire): “Verily, I am going to my Lord. He will guide me!”

And, when he (his son) was old enough to walk with him, he said: “O my son! I have seen in a dream that I am slaughtering you (offering you in sacrifice to Allaah). So look what you think!” He said: “O my father! Do that which you are commanded, In shaa’ Allaah (if Allaah wills), you shall find me of As-Saabiroon (the patient).”

Then, when they had both submitted themselves (to the Will of Allaah), and he had laid him prostrate on his forehead (or on the side of his forehead for slaughtering);

You have fulfilled the dream!” Verily, thus do We reward the Muhsinoon (good-doers).

And We gave him the glad tidings of Ishaaq (Isaac) a Prophet from the righteous.

We blessed him and Ishaaq (Isaac). And of their progeny are (some) that do right, and some that plainly wrong themselves.” [al-Saaffaat 37:99-113)

Make una leave am with his falsehood and hypocrisy! Na so their kind of Christians be!
Re: Proof That Ibraheem (Abraham) Was Commanded To Sacrifice Isaac And Not Ismael by advocatejare(m): 8:46am On Jan 23, 2020
AntiChristian:

The verses you gave above is the same I gave.

Why would God give the good tidings of Isaac after Abraham attempted to sacrifice Ishmael?

The Quran didn't mention the name of the child to be sacrificed but it's glaring it was Isaac.

Ishmael was the child of the slave, Isaac was the child of the wife. Which one of them would have meant a lot to Abraham?

And your Quran has told you that if you're in doubt, you should ask those who have been reading the scriptures before you.

In the scriptures before Quran, which is the Torah, it was clearly stated without ambiguity that Isaac was the child to be sacrificed.

2 Likes

Re: Proof That Ibraheem (Abraham) Was Commanded To Sacrifice Isaac And Not Ismael by AntiChristian: 1:28pm On Jan 23, 2020
advocatejare:

The verses you gave above is the same I gave.

Why would God give the good tidings of Isaac after Abraham attempted to sacrifice Ishmael?

The Quran didn't mention the name of the child to be sacrificed but it's glaring it was Isaac.

Ishmael was the child of the slave, Isaac was the child of the wife. Which one of them would have meant a lot to Abraham?

And your Quran has told you that if you're in doubt, you should ask those who have been reading the scriptures before you.

In the scriptures before Quran, which is the Torah, it was clearly stated without ambiguity that Isaac was the child to be sacrificed.

Two Glad tidings were mentioned in those verses!

1. We gave him the glad tidings of a forbearing boy. (Qur'an 37vs 101) who is this? Simply Isma'eel!

2. And We gave him the glad tidings of Ishaaq (Isaac) a Prophet from the righteous. (Qur'an 37vs 112) Who is this? Is'aac!

You can claim Isaac was given birth to two times sha since we have two Glad tidings!

Finally the last verse says:

We blessed him and Ishaaq (Isaac). And of their progeny are (some) that do right, and some that plainly wrong themselves.” [al-Saaffaat 37:113)

I am tired of this your delusion!
Re: Proof That Ibraheem (Abraham) Was Commanded To Sacrifice Isaac And Not Ismael by advocatejare(m): 1:56pm On Jan 23, 2020
AntiChristian:

Two Glad tidings were mentioned in those verses!

1. We gave him the glad tidings of a forbearing boy. (Qur'an 37vs 101) who is this? Simply Isma'eel!

2. And We gave him the glad tidings of Ishaaq (Isaac) a Prophet from the righteous. (Qur'an 37vs 112) Who is this? Is'aac!

You can claim Isaac was given birth to two times sha since we have two Glad tidings!

Finally the last verse says:

We blessed him and Ishaaq (Isaac). And of their progeny are (some) that do right, and some that plainly wrong themselves.” [al-Saaffaat 37:113)

I am tired of this your delusion!
You can only use that your funny analogy to fool neophytes in Islam.

Do you want to tell me that you don't know that the Quran is full of repetitions? Repetition of the same thing, referring to the same person/people?

Some repetitions are word for words, while others mean the same thing. Which is exactly the same in this case of repetition of glad tidings of Isaac.

Lemme give you other examples of repetitions in the Quran.

When Muhammad was reciting the scriptures part of the Quran, the Jews and the Christians knew he was plagiarising the Scriptures.

Also when he was reciting the Arabian fables and other fables, people knew he was reciting nothing but the legends of the former people.

Muhammad then decided to refute this claim but he forgot that he was merely repeating the same thing, just like the case of Isaac.

إِذَا تُتْلٰى عَلَيْهِ ءَايٰتُنَا قَالَ أَسٰطِيرُ الْأَوَّلِينَ
"When Our verses are recited to him, he says, Legends of the former peoples."
(QS. Al-Qalam 68: Verse 15)

(QS. Al-Mutaffifin 83: Verse 13)

As you can see, different suras, same word for word referring to the same person just like that for Isaac

Lemme give you another repetition in the Quran

لَقَدْ وُعِدْنَا نَحْنُ وَءَابَآؤُنَا هٰذَا مِنْ قَبْلُ إِنْ هٰذَآ إِلَّآ أَسٰطِيرُ الْأَوَّلِينَ
"We have been promised this, we and our forefathers, before; this is not but legends of the former peoples."
(QS. Al-Muminoon 23: Verse 83)

لَقَدْ وُعِدْنَا هٰذَا نَحْنُ وَءَابَآؤُنَا مِنْ قَبْلُ إِنْ هٰذَآ إِلَّآ أَسٰطِيرُ الْأَوَّلِينَ
"We have been promised this, we and our forefathers, before. This is not but legends of the former peoples."
(QS. An-Naml 27: Verse 68)
Re: Proof That Ibraheem (Abraham) Was Commanded To Sacrifice Isaac And Not Ismael by AntiChristian: 3:52pm On Jan 23, 2020
advocatejare:

You can only use that your funny analogy to fool neophytes in Islam.

Do you want to tell me that you don't know that the Quran is full of repetitions? Repetition of the same thing, referring to the same person/people?

Some repetitions are word for words, while others mean the same thing. Which is exactly the same in this case of repetition of glad tidings of Isaac.

Lemme give you other examples of repetitions in the Quran.

When Muhammad was reciting the scriptures part of the Quran, the Jews and the Christians knew he was plagiarising the Scriptures.

Also when he was reciting the Arabian fables and other fables, people knew he was reciting nothing but the legends of the former people.

Muhammad then decided to refute this claim but he forgot that he was merely repeating the same thing, just like the case of Isaac.

(QS. Al-Qalam 68: Verse 15)

(QS. Al-Mutaffifin 83: Verse 13)

As you can see, different suras, same word for word referring to the same person just like that for Isaac

Lemme give you another repetition in the Quran

لَقَدْ وُعِدْنَا نَحْنُ وَءَابَآؤُنَا هٰذَا مِنْ قَبْلُ إِنْ هٰذَآ إِلَّآ أَسٰطِيرُ الْأَوَّلِينَ
"We have been promised this, we and our forefathers, before; this is not but legends of the former peoples."
(QS. Al-Muminoon 23: Verse 83)

لَقَدْ وُعِدْنَا هٰذَا نَحْنُ وَءَابَآؤُنَا مِنْ قَبْلُ إِنْ هٰذَآ إِلَّآ أَسٰطِيرُ الْأَوَّلِينَ
"We have been promised this, we and our forefathers, before. This is not but legends of the former peoples."
(QS. An-Naml 27: Verse 68)

How is this applicable to the topic here? This repetition you brought is for emphasis but how many people is here:

We blessed him and Ishaaq (Isaac).

Only a ninny/ignoramus of English Grammar will see the above sentence and say the pronoun 'him" and the noun "Ishaaq" refers to only one person!

Ibn Katheer (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Allaah tells us that when His Close Friend (Khaleel) Ibraaheem migrated from the land of his people, he asked his Lord to grant him a righteous son, so Allaah gave him the glad tidings of a forbearing boy. This was Ismaa’eel (peace be upon him), because he was the first child who was born (to Ibraaheem, peace be upon him). There is no dispute on this point among the followers of the various religions [Jews, Christians and Muslims], that (Ismaa’eel) was the first child born to Ibraaheem.

“And, when he (his son) was old enough to walk with him” means, when he grew up and was able to take care of himself, like his father. Mujaahid said: “And, when he (his son) was old enough to walk with him” means, when he grew up and was able to ride and walk and work like his father did. When this happened, then Ibraaheem (peace be upon him) saw a dream in which he was commanded to sacrifice this son of his. According to a hadeeth narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas and attributed to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “The dreams of the Prophets are Wahy (revelation).” So Allaah was testing His Close Friend by commanding him to sacrifice this beloved son who had come to him in his old age, when he was very old, and after he had been commanded to settle the child and his mother in the desert, in a valley in which there was no noise, no people, no vegetation and no animals. So Ibraaheem obeyed the command of Allaah and left them there, putting his trust in Allaah, and Allaah sent them provision, from an unexpected source. After all that, when Ibraaheem was ordered to sacrifice this son of his, who was his firstborn and his only child, he responded to his Lord and obeyed His command, hastening to do as He willed. So he told his son about it so as to put him at ease and not sacrifice him by force.

“He said: ‘O my son! I have seen in a dream that I am slaughtering you (offering you in sacrifice to Allaah). So look what you think!’” The forbearing boy immediately responded: “He said: ‘O my father! Do that which you are commanded, In shaa’ Allaah (if Allaah wills), you shall find me of As-Saabiroon (the patient).’” This was the best answer he could give, an example of obedience to his father and to the Lord of mankind. Allaah said (interpretation of the meaning):

“Then, when they had both submitted themselves (to the Will of Allaah), and he had laid him prostrate on his forehead (or on the side of his forehead for slaughtering).” It was said that “when they had both submitted themselves” meant when they had both surrendered to the command of Allaah. “and he had laid him prostrate on his forehead” means that he put him face down. It was said that he wanted to slaughter him from behind so that he would not see his face at the time of slaughter. This was the view of Ibn ‘Abbaas, Mujaahid, Sa’eed ibn Jubayr, Qutaadah and al-Dahhaak… “They both submitted themselves” means that Ibraaheem said Bismillaahi’r-Rahmaan ir-Raheem and said Allaahu akbar and the boy said La ilaaha ill-Allaah because he was about to die. Al-Saddi and others said that (Ibraaheem) passed the knife over the boy’s throat but it did not cut him at all. It was said that a sheet of copper was placed between the knife and his throat, and Allaah knows best. Then it was called out from Allaah:

“’O Ibraaheem! You have fulfilled the dream!’” meaning, the purpose has been achieved, you have been tested and your obedience and willingness to do what your Lord commands have been proven. An alternative sacrifice will be provided instead of your son, just as you willingly submitted your body to the flames and you spent your wealth to honour your guests. Hence Allaah said:

“Verily, that indeed was a manifest trial” meaning that it was an obvious test.

“And We ransomed him with a great sacrifice” means, We provided a ransom for his son, an alternative to be sacrificed in his stead. According to the best known opinion of the majority of scholars, this was a fine white horned ram. Al-Thawri narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Uthmaan ibn Khaytham from Sa’eed ibn Jubayr that Ibn ‘Abbaas said: It was a ram that had grazed in Paradise for forty years.

It was also narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas that the dried ram’s head was still hanging on the downspout of the Ka’bah. This alone is evidence that the one who was to be sacrificed was Ismaa’eel, because he was the one who was settled in Makkah and we have never heard that Ishaaq ever came to Makkah from the time he was little. And Allaah knows best.

See Al-Bidaayah wa’l-Nihaayah by Ibn Katheer, 1/157-158

The one who was to be sacrificed was Ismaa’eel and not Ishaaq, because of the reasons stated above. In his Tafseer (commentary) on these Ayaat, Ibn Katheer also mentioned a number of points which prove that it was Ismaa’eel who was to be sacrificed. These points may be summed up as follows:

Ismaa’eel was the first child of whom glad tidings were given to Ibraaheem. He was older than Ishaaq according to the consensus of the Muslims and the People of the Book (Jews and Christians). According to the scriptures of the People of the Book, it was stated that Allaah commanded Ibraaheem to sacrifice his only son, and in some manuscripts it says that he was to sacrifice his first-born son.
The first son is usually more dear than other children, so the command to sacrifice him is a more exacting test.
It is mentioned that glad tidings of a forbearing boy were given, and that he was the one who was to be sacrificed. Later in the passage it says (interpretation of the meaning): “And We gave him the glad tidings of Ishaaq (Isaac) a Prophet from the righteous.” When the angels brought the glad tidings of Ishaaq to Ibraaheem, they said: “We give you glad tidings of a boy (son) possessing much knowledge and wisdom” [al-Hijr 15:53 – interpretation of the meaning].

Allâh said (interpretation of the meaning): “But We gave her glad tidings of Ishaaq, and after him, of Ya’qoob.” (Hood 11:71) meaning that a child called Ya’qoob would be born during their (Sara and Ishaaq’s) lifetimes, and he would have many descendents… and it does not sound right for Ibraaheem to be commanded to sacrifice him when he was little, because Allaah had promised that he would have many descendents.
Ismaa’eel is described here (in Soorat al-Saffaat) as being “forbearing” because this is very appropriate in this context.
Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 4/15. And Allaah knows best.
Re: Proof That Ibraheem (Abraham) Was Commanded To Sacrifice Isaac And Not Ismael by advocatejare(m): 5:36pm On Jan 23, 2020
AntiChristian:

How is this applicable to the topic here? This repetition you brought is for emphasis but how many people is here:

We blessed him and Ishaaq (Isaac).

Only a ninny/ignoramus of English Grammar will see the above sentence and say the pronoun 'him" and the noun "Ishaaq" refers to only one person!

Ibn Katheer (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Allaah tells us that when His Close Friend (Khaleel) Ibraaheem migrated from the land of his people, he asked his Lord to grant him a righteous son, so Allaah gave him the glad tidings of a forbearing boy. This was Ismaa’eel (peace be upon him), because he was the first child who was born (to Ibraaheem, peace be upon him). There is no dispute on this point among the followers of the various religions [Jews, Christians and Muslims], that (Ismaa’eel) was the first child born to Ibraaheem.

“And, when he (his son) was old enough to walk with him” means, when he grew up and was able to take care of himself, like his father. Mujaahid said: “And, when he (his son) was old enough to walk with him” means, when he grew up and was able to ride and walk and work like his father did. When this happened, then Ibraaheem (peace be upon him) saw a dream in which he was commanded to sacrifice this son of his. According to a hadeeth narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas and attributed to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “The dreams of the Prophets are Wahy (revelation).” So Allaah was testing His Close Friend by commanding him to sacrifice this beloved son who had come to him in his old age, when he was very old, and after he had been commanded to settle the child and his mother in the desert, in a valley in which there was no noise, no people, no vegetation and no animals. So Ibraaheem obeyed the command of Allaah and left them there, putting his trust in Allaah, and Allaah sent them provision, from an unexpected source. After all that, when Ibraaheem was ordered to sacrifice this son of his, who was his firstborn and his only child, he responded to his Lord and obeyed His command, hastening to do as He willed. So he told his son about it so as to put him at ease and not sacrifice him by force.

“He said: ‘O my son! I have seen in a dream that I am slaughtering you (offering you in sacrifice to Allaah). So look what you think!’” The forbearing boy immediately responded: “He said: ‘O my father! Do that which you are commanded, In shaa’ Allaah (if Allaah wills), you shall find me of As-Saabiroon (the patient).’” This was the best answer he could give, an example of obedience to his father and to the Lord of mankind. Allaah said (interpretation of the meaning):

“Then, when they had both submitted themselves (to the Will of Allaah), and he had laid him prostrate on his forehead (or on the side of his forehead for slaughtering).” It was said that “when they had both submitted themselves” meant when they had both surrendered to the command of Allaah. “and he had laid him prostrate on his forehead” means that he put him face down. It was said that he wanted to slaughter him from behind so that he would not see his face at the time of slaughter. This was the view of Ibn ‘Abbaas, Mujaahid, Sa’eed ibn Jubayr, Qutaadah and al-Dahhaak… “They both submitted themselves” means that Ibraaheem said Bismillaahi’r-Rahmaan ir-Raheem and said Allaahu akbar and the boy said La ilaaha ill-Allaah because he was about to die. Al-Saddi and others said that (Ibraaheem) passed the knife over the boy’s throat but it did not cut him at all. It was said that a sheet of copper was placed between the knife and his throat, and Allaah knows best. Then it was called out from Allaah:

“’O Ibraaheem! You have fulfilled the dream!’” meaning, the purpose has been achieved, you have been tested and your obedience and willingness to do what your Lord commands have been proven. An alternative sacrifice will be provided instead of your son, just as you willingly submitted your body to the flames and you spent your wealth to honour your guests. Hence Allaah said:

“Verily, that indeed was a manifest trial” meaning that it was an obvious test.

“And We ransomed him with a great sacrifice” means, We provided a ransom for his son, an alternative to be sacrificed in his stead. According to the best known opinion of the majority of scholars, this was a fine white horned ram. Al-Thawri narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Uthmaan ibn Khaytham from Sa’eed ibn Jubayr that Ibn ‘Abbaas said: It was a ram that had grazed in Paradise for forty years.

It was also narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas that the dried ram’s head was still hanging on the downspout of the Ka’bah. This alone is evidence that the one who was to be sacrificed was Ismaa’eel, because he was the one who was settled in Makkah and we have never heard that Ishaaq ever came to Makkah from the time he was little. And Allaah knows best.

See Al-Bidaayah wa’l-Nihaayah by Ibn Katheer, 1/157-158

The one who was to be sacrificed was Ismaa’eel and not Ishaaq, because of the reasons stated above. In his Tafseer (commentary) on these Ayaat, Ibn Katheer also mentioned a number of points which prove that it was Ismaa’eel who was to be sacrificed. These points may be summed up as follows:

Ismaa’eel was the first child of whom glad tidings were given to Ibraaheem. He was older than Ishaaq according to the consensus of the Muslims and the People of the Book (Jews and Christians). According to the scriptures of the People of the Book, it was stated that Allaah commanded Ibraaheem to sacrifice his only son, and in some manuscripts it says that he was to sacrifice his first-born son.
The first son is usually more dear than other children, so the command to sacrifice him is a more exacting test.
It is mentioned that glad tidings of a forbearing boy were given, and that he was the one who was to be sacrificed. Later in the passage it says (interpretation of the meaning): “And We gave him the glad tidings of Ishaaq (Isaac) a Prophet from the righteous.” When the angels brought the glad tidings of Ishaaq to Ibraaheem, they said: “We give you glad tidings of a boy (son) possessing much knowledge and wisdom” [al-Hijr 15:53 – interpretation of the meaning].

Allâh said (interpretation of the meaning): “But We gave her glad tidings of Ishaaq, and after him, of Ya’qoob.” (Hood 11:71) meaning that a child called Ya’qoob would be born during their (Sara and Ishaaq’s) lifetimes, and he would have many descendents… and it does not sound right for Ibraaheem to be commanded to sacrifice him when he was little, because Allaah had promised that he would have many descendents.
Ismaa’eel is described here (in Soorat al-Saffaat) as being “forbearing” because this is very appropriate in this context.
Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 4/15. And Allaah knows best.

You're funny, you want to use the Hadith written by Arabs to explain history of the Jews?

Why did you think you were instructed to ask the people of the book if you're in doubt?

فَإِنْ كُنْتَ فِى شَكٍّ مِّمَّآ أَنْزَلْنَآ إِلَيْكَ فَسْئَلِ الَّذِينَ يَقْرَءُونَ الْكِتٰبَ مِنْ قَبْلِكَ  ۚ لَقَدْ جَآءَكَ الْحَقُّ مِنْ رَّبِّكَ فَلَا تَكُونَنَّ مِنَ الْمُمْتَرِينَ
"So if you are in doubt, about that which We have revealed to you, then ask those who have been reading the Scripture before you. The truth has certainly come to you from your Lord, so never be among the doubters."
(QS. Yunus 10: Verse 94)

The Quran didn't say you should ask the Hadiths, it instructs you to ask those reading the scriptures before you!

The history the Jews had been preserved for thousands of years even before Muhammad himself was born!

Don't waste your time trying to explain anything, simply point out where it is documented in the Quran, where the name of Ishmael was mentioned as the forbearing child.

The Torah was very clear on who the forbearing child was. Why isn't the Quran clear on the same?

The glad tidings of Isaac was brought and God promised to bless Isaac and his descendants that's why even your Quran could not hide it that God bestow his favour upon Israel and prefers Israel above all the worlds.

Same cannot be said about Ishmael and his descendants.

يٰبَنِىٓ إِسْرٰٓءِيلَ اذْكُرُوا نِعْمَتِىَ الَّتِىٓ أَنْعَمْتُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَأَنِّى فَضَّلْتُكُمْ عَلَى الْعٰلَمِينَ
"O Children of Israel, remember My favor that I have bestowed upon you and that I preferred you over the worlds."
(QS. Al-Baqara 2: Verse 47)

Finally in your last sentence you wrote

...it does not sound right for Ibraaheem to be commanded to sacrifice him when he was little, because Allaah had promised that he would have many descendents.

Just listen to yourself, so it would have been right for God to have have commanded Abraham to sacrifice Ishmael when he was little because God didn't promise that Ishmael would have many descendents right?
Re: Proof That Ibraheem (Abraham) Was Commanded To Sacrifice Isaac And Not Ismael by AntiChristian: 5:48pm On Jan 23, 2020
advocatejare:

You're funny, you want to use the Hadith written by Arabs to explain history of the Jews?

Why did you think you were instructed to ask the people of the book if you're in doubt?

فَإِنْ كُنْتَ فِى شَكٍّ مِّمَّآ أَنْزَلْنَآ إِلَيْكَ فَسْئَلِ الَّذِينَ يَقْرَءُونَ الْكِتٰبَ مِنْ قَبْلِكَ  ۚ لَقَدْ جَآءَكَ الْحَقُّ مِنْ رَّبِّكَ فَلَا تَكُونَنَّ مِنَ الْمُمْتَرِينَ
"So if you are in doubt, about that which We have revealed to you, then ask those who have been reading the Scripture before you. The truth has certainly come to you from your Lord, so never be among the doubters."
(QS. Yunus 10: Verse 94)

The Quran didn't say you should ask the Hadiths, it instructs you to ask those reading the scriptures before you!

The history the Jews had been preserved for thousands of years even before Muhammad himself was born!

Don't waste your time trying to explain anything, simply point out where it is documented in the Quran, where the name of Ishmael was mentioned as the forbearing child.

The Torah was very clear on who the forbearing child was. Why isn't the Quran clear on the same?

The glad tidings of Isaac was brought and God promised to bless Isaac and his descendants that's why even your Quran could not hide it that God bestow his favour upon Israel and prefers Israel above all the worlds.

Same cannot be said about Ishmael and his descendants.

يٰبَنِىٓ إِسْرٰٓءِيلَ اذْكُرُوا نِعْمَتِىَ الَّتِىٓ أَنْعَمْتُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَأَنِّى فَضَّلْتُكُمْ عَلَى الْعٰلَمِينَ
"O Children of Israel, remember My favor that I have bestowed upon you and that I preferred you over the worlds."
(QS. Al-Baqara 2: Verse 47)

Finally in your last sentence you wrote

Just listen to yourself, so it would have been right for God to have have commanded Abraham to sacrifice Ishmael when he was little because God didn't promise that Ishmael would have many descendents right?

Diversions again! Nobody would argue with you anymore. Bye!
Re: Proof That Ibraheem (Abraham) Was Commanded To Sacrifice Isaac And Not Ismael by advocatejare(m): 5:51pm On Jan 23, 2020
AntiChristian:

Diversions again! Nobody would argue with you anymore. Bye!
Anytime you are confronted with a superior argument and you're dazed with facts, that's how you use style to run away.

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Source?if U Dont Believe That God Created You And Jesus Saved You / Preparing For The Holy Month Of Ramadhan / Religion Or Autocrazy??? Islamists Arrest And Torture Ppl For Not Fasting!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.