Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,937 members, 7,952,774 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:56 PM

Blackberry-like Service For Nokia,samsung And Sony Ericcson Phones - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Blackberry-like Service For Nokia,samsung And Sony Ericcson Phones (2321 Views)

Www.whatsapp.com- Download Whatsapp For Nokia, Blackberry, Android / Www.whatsapp.com – Download Whatsapp For Nokia And Blackberry Phones / Sony Ericcson Xperia Arc S For Urgent Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blackberry-like Service For Nokia,samsung And Sony Ericcson Phones by ChikeUleh: 2:58pm On Dec 08, 2010
I hope people dont go broke trying to keep up with the BIS thing cos dey desperately want their mails to arrive on their phones or chat or facebooking etc. Methinks the mobile device rollout of all other blackberry competitors is even getting everyone worked up altogether.

I Use a Nokia 2650 and i always send and receive emails automatically, i am still waiting for anyone to convince me why i need to get any of these new smartphones  when i can get PocketBox for free -- a java app that allows me to do my emailing, chatting and sms at no gprs cost.   

You Could Check Out their website at  http://Pocketbox.nairangage.com   

and download for free works like nimbuzz or any other java mobile app
Re: Blackberry-like Service For Nokia,samsung And Sony Ericcson Phones by TundeBash: 6:44pm On Dec 08, 2010
I downloaded PocketBox from their website and transferred it to my Nokia E71. It actually worked and spooled all my emails and even alerted me of a new one that arrived, so much  for a free app.

For the no gprs costs u mentioned, i cant actually confirm because i subscribe to Mtn's N1000 monthly  so i am always convered for d whole month anyway. I just want to say thanks for sharing this , i can even see they offer mobile sms to any network @N2. Its worth having.

I just want you to confirm  ,since you have been using it for a while, if there are any  hidden charges with this mobile application ?
Re: Blackberry-like Service For Nokia,samsung And Sony Ericcson Phones by BankoleO1: 7:47pm On Dec 08, 2010
ChikeUleh:

I hope people dont go broke trying to keep up with the BIS thing cos dey desperately want their mails to arrive on their phones or chat or facebooking etc. Methinks the mobile device rollout of all other blackberry competitors is even getting everyone worked up altogether.

I Use a Nokia 2650 and i always send and receive emails automatically, i am still waiting for anyone to convince me why i need to get any of these new smartphones  when i can get PocketBox for free -- a java app that allows me to do my emailing, chatting and sms at no gprs cost.   

You Could Check Out their website at  http://Pocketbox.nairangage.com   

and download for free works like nimbuzz or any other java mobile app

How do I setup yahoo, the config page for yahoo is not opening on the website
Re: Blackberry-like Service For Nokia,samsung And Sony Ericcson Phones by ChikeUleh: 3:03pm On Dec 09, 2010
Bankole, you can use this shortcut  http://pocketbox.nairangage.com/email.html      to get the the Config page for yahoo, gmail, business mail and hotmail
Re: Blackberry-like Service For Nokia,samsung And Sony Ericcson Phones by DotunesP: 10:43am On Dec 10, 2010
Great app , Great Share .  10ks
Re: Blackberry-like Service For Nokia,samsung And Sony Ericcson Phones by TundeBash: 6:01pm On Dec 17, 2010
how do i change the sound when new mail automatically arrives, its kind off quite loud ?
Re: Blackberry-like Service For Nokia,samsung And Sony Ericcson Phones by ChikeUleh: 9:50am On Dec 22, 2010
I really dont think there's a way to change the sound when a new mail arrives in your inbox. Your best bet is probably to reduce the  volume of your phone's speaker volume generally,  probably by changing the profile. But personally, I prefer it that audible so i get to know when i have a new mail. Wish they added vibration too.
Re: Blackberry-like Service For Nokia,samsung And Sony Ericcson Phones by ChikeUleh: 5:50pm On Dec 24, 2010
TundeBash, you can uncheck the 'play this sound when a new mail arrives'  to reduce the sound alerts.
Re: Blackberry-like Service For Nokia,samsung And Sony Ericcson Phones by twinskenny(m): 8:01pm On Dec 26, 2010
hope this can be use with SE phones
Re: Blackberry-like Service For Nokia,samsung And Sony Ericcson Phones by mcgboye(m): 5:26am On Dec 27, 2010
Seems this app is set to MTN as d default service provider. Seeing that i do not have d airtel manual settings, how do i set it to airtel? It's even suprisin cos i downloaded it using an airtel browser. Thanks
Re: Blackberry-like Service For Nokia,samsung And Sony Ericcson Phones by ChikeUleh: 1:07pm On Dec 28, 2010
mcgboye , the settings you mentioned are for the MMS functionalilty of the app alone. The email and sms are global , i also am on the airtel network and i receive my mails realtime. The app isnt tied to any network.  Feedback mail reply from the website says they have completed MMS integration on/to  glo and airtel networks. So you could just replace the MMS settings with the ones of your provider and ur MMS is on too.
Re: Blackberry-like Service For Nokia,samsung And Sony Ericcson Phones by jerome84(m): 4:20pm On Dec 28, 2010
please can u guys show us a direct link to download this software.
Re: Blackberry-like Service For Nokia,samsung And Sony Ericcson Phones by 49cents(m): 6:35pm On Dec 28, 2010
cool
Re: Blackberry-like Service For Nokia,samsung And Sony Ericcson Phones by ChikeUleh: 6:08pm On Dec 30, 2010
Re: Blackberry-like Service For Nokia,samsung And Sony Ericcson Phones by DotunesP: 11:47am On Jan 10, 2011
I think  someone on this thread should contact pocketbox, they need to provide publicity for this app. I did not pay for my BIS since mid December and i am not really missing it save for the BBM. Sometimes I find it Hard to believe this app is entirely free, all my mails online realtime and automatic notifications, i have turned My Nokia 5130 to my second mobile office. Cool
Re: Blackberry-like Service For Nokia,samsung And Sony Ericcson Phones by Fabinu(m): 4:08pm On Jan 10, 2011
hi all, i tried it to open d website with my opera but its failing to register, pls help me.
Re: Blackberry-like Service For Nokia,samsung And Sony Ericcson Phones by ChikeUleh: 1:18pm On Jan 12, 2011
Fabinu:

hi all, i tried it to open d website with my opera but its failing to register, pls help me.

I hope You are not trying to access the website from your mobile, I will advise you to access via a web browser
http://pocketbox.nairangage.com/download.html

ChikeUleh:

Direct Link  ----    http://pocketbox.nairangage.com/download.html
Re: Blackberry-like Service For Nokia,samsung And Sony Ericcson Phones by TundeBash: 7:40pm On Jan 13, 2011
MeThinks  its best to always  view and see a mobile app on a website before downloading to your phone, just 2b certain u're good.
Re: Blackberry-like Service For Nokia,samsung And Sony Ericcson Phones by MedjiPlus: 4:43pm On Jan 21, 2011
I  sent an email and my cv as an attachment from pocketbox on my Nokia 5130 to a careers email address. Is there a way i can check the contents of the attachment in my sent box.i am not too sure if it was my most recent CV i sent, i normally save it  on my memory card.   I can review the mails in the sent box but attachment is only showing an icon. Anyone?
Re: Blackberry-like Service For Nokia,samsung And Sony Ericcson Phones by ChikeUleh: 5:43pm On Jan 24, 2011
Are U kidding me ? You assume your 5130 can display word documents. Well, i personally dont think a phone will ever replace a computer, at least not in the immediate feature. Its quite a task to want your phone to preview docs in sent Folder. PocketBox only shows that icon as an indication that an attachment was sent with the mail  . I suggest before you transfer to your memory card, you check that you have the current copy of your CV. Well its my opinion, you could email PocketBox on the feedback page  to know if u can?
Re: Blackberry-like Service For Nokia,samsung And Sony Ericcson Phones by OmichaelO: 6:48am On Jan 25, 2011
can i subscribe for 100 units?

(1) (Reply)

Sony Dvd Player;dvp-sr120 For Sale. / 5weeks Neatly Used BOLD5 For URGENT SALES.....Now 70,000# / Emporio Armani watch AR5920 *SOLD*, It's A Beauty *pics* / Casio was sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.