Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,607 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Man Utd Refused To Sign Arsenal Bright Talent, Martinelli Despite 4 Times Trial - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Man Utd Refused To Sign Arsenal Bright Talent, Martinelli Despite 4 Times Trial (438 Views)

Sorry Chelsea As Emery Ready To Sign Arsenal £27.5 Million Defender / Arsenal Signs Gabriel Martinelli / Neymar Wants Paris-saint-germain To Sign Arsenal Star In The Summer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man Utd Refused To Sign Arsenal Bright Talent, Martinelli Despite 4 Times Trial by reportminds: 1:24pm On Jan 23, 2020
Arsenal's youngster, Gabriel Martinelli has his name on lips of many football fans following his display against Chelsea.

Recall that the young Brazilian played in the Italian fourth division with Ituano, before he made the move to Emirates in 2019.

Martinelli netted his 10th goal of the season against Chelsea after running from his own box to score a sensational individual effort pass the on rushing Kepa.

After the match, he was praised by his manager Mikel Arteta wo revealed he wanted to substitute the singer after going down following David Luiz red card.

Gabriel Martinelli has revealed he spent two months on trial at Manchester United.

It was learnt that he went for trial "four times for around 15 days at a time" when Jose Mourinho was the manager of Manchester United.

It was added that He played in a friendly alongside Brandon Williams against Lincoln City.

The teenager was pictured rocking Manchester United jersey with the likes of Paul Pogba and Marouane Fellaini in the Carrington training facility.

"From 2015 to 2017, I went to train there [at United] four times for around 15 days at a time," he told ESPN Brasil.

"As everyone trains at the same training centre and is in the same cafeteria, I saw all the professionals.

"I asked to take pictures for [Patrice] Evra, [Marouane] Fellaini and others. [Paul] Pogba knew I was Brazilian and asked if everything was OK and where I played. We took a picture together."

Martinelli revealed on how Pogba was"super humble" during his first encounter with the French.

He added how important those trials were for his overall development.

"There was a project between Ituano and Manchester United, and they always took a player. And I always came for these trip.

"I could neither speak English nor French, but he [Pogba] said 'tudo bem' (a common Portuguese greeting) and took the picture with me nicely, he was super humble.

"Those training days were super important for me to adapt to the style of play, the players and how fast the game is here."

https://www.reportminds.com/2020/01/man-utd-refused-to-sign-arsenal-bright.html

Cc lalasticlala, seun, mynd44, dominique

Re: Man Utd Refused To Sign Arsenal Bright Talent, Martinelli Despite 4 Times Trial by reportminds: 1:25pm On Jan 23, 2020
Picture with Paul Pogba

lalasticlala, seun, mynd44, dominique

Re: Man Utd Refused To Sign Arsenal Bright Talent, Martinelli Despite 4 Times Trial by daddytime(m): 1:35pm On Jan 23, 2020
That boy is a raw gold mine. Sanchez kinda baller who learned the game from playing on the streets barefooted avoiding rocks and stones.

We thank God for making him not good enough for Man-U.

The most painful thing, however, is, Arsenal won't be able to keep him.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

UEFA Hit Man City With Stunning Two-year Champions League Ban / Frank Lampard Wants Result By All Means Tonight / Sometimes I Just Bowed For Hypocrisy Of Africans Especially Nigerians...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.