Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,143 members, 7,829,086 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Why Do African Parents Make Life Decision's For Their Children - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do African Parents Make Life Decision's For Their Children (339 Views)

Parents Storm Ojodu Grammar school In Search Of Their Children (Video) / Killings: FG Warns Parents Against Sending Their Children To Cyprus / JAMB Cut-off Marks : Sad Decision For The Future – ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do African Parents Make Life Decision's For Their Children by sorhzkidd: 2:16pm On Jan 23, 2020
I won't beat around the bush,and also forgive any error in my write up

So my question is....
why do African parents have the mindset that it's their right to decide what their children become (career wise),like a father insisting his child must be a doctor,without even having concern about if the child even has interest in science and stuffs like that
I see this happening everyday and more and more young kids fall victim,a parent might want what's good for his child but then,the child's opinion should count FIRST....
Share ur opinion
Re: Why Do African Parents Make Life Decision's For Their Children by berryace007: 5:36pm On Jan 23, 2020
I swear your definitely right.
Re: Why Do African Parents Make Life Decision's For Their Children by nlPoster: 6:30pm On Jan 23, 2020
How would you get into med school if you have no interest in science?

It's not like a parent has a magic wand they can wave and voila you're in med school without it.
Re: Why Do African Parents Make Life Decision's For Their Children by edoairways: 11:29pm On Jan 23, 2020
Change your topic to Nigerian parent as not all Africans exhibit that trait. Don't blame our parents rather blame the economic situation
Re: Why Do African Parents Make Life Decision's For Their Children by Golden1982(f): 6:06am On Aug 18, 2020
sorhzkidd:
I won't beat around the bush,and also forgive any error in my write up

So my question is....
why do African parents have the mindset that it's their right to decide what their children become (career wise),like a father insisting his child must be a doctor,without even having concern about if the child even has interest in science and stuffs like that
I see this happening everyday and more and more young kids fall victim,a parent might want what's good for his child but then,the child's opinion should count FIRST....
Share ur opinion
ur I phone can be tracked and recovered contact 08037111012 he is a security agent
Re: Why Do African Parents Make Life Decision's For Their Children by paulolee(m): 8:50am On Aug 18, 2020
they believe they know the best for thier children..

(1) (Reply)

APPLY FREE : Patoranking Launches Scholarship Forstudents / Getting To Know Your Lecturers And Instructors In The University / Thesis Writing Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.