Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,392 members, 7,819,404 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Akanu Ibiam Airport: Enugu Govt Demolishes Structures Encroaching On Land - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akanu Ibiam Airport: Enugu Govt Demolishes Structures Encroaching On Land (25041 Views)

Chris Ngige Shows Off His Dance Skills At Akanu Ibiam Airport, Enugu (video) / Governor Ugwuanyi Inspects Rehabilitation Of Akanu Ibiam Airport / Buhari Approves Upgrade Of Akanu Ibiam Airport Enugu At N10 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akanu Ibiam Airport: Enugu Govt Demolishes Structures Encroaching On Land by philip0906(m): 5:39pm On Jan 23, 2020
2sexycom:
I disagree. They may have been misled to buy the land without due diligence... There hundreds of such case of purchased lands with committed acquisition on it. A friend told me how he mistakenly bought one of such lands in Lagos and his 30m disappeared..
Yes but not in MOST cases.
Re: Akanu Ibiam Airport: Enugu Govt Demolishes Structures Encroaching On Land by Croccityboi123(m): 5:42pm On Jan 23, 2020
Eya
Re: Akanu Ibiam Airport: Enugu Govt Demolishes Structures Encroaching On Land by eldoradoxx: 5:43pm On Jan 23, 2020
ECTDA under Onoh will soon demolish the entire Enugu, I wonder whether it is what they voted for in the last election. I was around uwani just last week and I noticed the massive demolition of people's shops and kiosks and other attachment to buildings where people do businesses to sustain themselves and I was wondering whether economy of that state which is predominantly a civil service state has so grown to such extent as to warrant such heartless demolitions?
Re: Akanu Ibiam Airport: Enugu Govt Demolishes Structures Encroaching On Land by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jan 23, 2020
finally, they have demolished that Rev Fr family house.
hmmmmmm
Re: Akanu Ibiam Airport: Enugu Govt Demolishes Structures Encroaching On Land by APOSTLECHUMA: 5:59pm On Jan 23, 2020
DID THEY ALSO DESTROY AUTHER EZE'S HOTEL HE BUILT BY THE AIRPORT GATE ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akanu Ibiam Airport: Enugu Govt Demolishes Structures Encroaching On Land by Baroba(m): 6:10pm On Jan 23, 2020
Enugu needed to be sanitised, sorry if people's businesses were affected but our people have a habit of building where they are not supposed to, my old neighborhood Trans Ekulu was looking less congested than the last time I visited in 2018... Kudos to him

2 Likes

Re: Akanu Ibiam Airport: Enugu Govt Demolishes Structures Encroaching On Land by Japsylee: 6:18pm On Jan 23, 2020
mcjohny:
Nwa Onoh no dey everly smile, grand son of the former governor of the then Enugu-anambra state. A man who trains and carries python on his G-wagon.

This man was the face behind the demolition of illegal structures in Abuja during El-rufai's regime

This dude is a pure gangster

1 Like

Re: Akanu Ibiam Airport: Enugu Govt Demolishes Structures Encroaching On Land by mikywonder(m): 6:22pm On Jan 23, 2020
Okekenwajideaku:
This Onoh of a man just turned in demolishing Enugu..

Almost all kiosk and shops been demolished with no alternative
I tire for that man
No alternative
D poor masses din suffer no be small for em hand
Re: Akanu Ibiam Airport: Enugu Govt Demolishes Structures Encroaching On Land by JubrinElSudan: 6:30pm On Jan 23, 2020
Atomass:
Chai this life eh. Those buildings are no where close to the said airport
lol....is it until they are erected on the runway before you consider them close enough?

1 Like

Re: Akanu Ibiam Airport: Enugu Govt Demolishes Structures Encroaching On Land by midnighter(f): 7:06pm On Jan 23, 2020
philip0906:

The problem with your submission is that it is the same government, who gave them permits/permissions to buy lands & build houses there. No one builds houses or erects structures in Nigeria, without getting approval from authorities.

So what you have is basically a case of government eating their cake and having it...Policy summersaults as a result of incompetence & no clear and followed through roadmap

You are not saying the right thing Sir. What kind of useless fellow purposely goes and builds his house where planes want to land, whether anybody gave him "approval" or not?

Its like saying that somebody who commits murder and escapes the charges is not at fault but the law courts are. Its a 2-way thing

Anybody who does this kind of thing should be aware that they may be on borrowed time. A murderer can still be arrested 20 years after the fact when hes an old man, likewise a madman who builds illegally in an airport exclusion or over a drainage flow should be prepared to one day face the music.

1 Like

Re: Akanu Ibiam Airport: Enugu Govt Demolishes Structures Encroaching On Land by philip0906(m): 7:11pm On Jan 23, 2020
midnighter:

You are not saying the right thing Sir. What kind of useless fellow purposely goes and builds his house where planes want to land, whether anybody gave him "approval" or not?

Its like saying that somebody who commits murder and escapes the charges is not at fault but the law courts are. Its a 2-way thing
Who is supposed to determine where a plane lands or not? Is that the duty of the citizens or those in position of authority?

Plus saying giving approval or not should not make someone build houses where planes land, is an indictment on the government and shows incompetence because a sensible government would not give approval for houses, where planes land.
Re: Akanu Ibiam Airport: Enugu Govt Demolishes Structures Encroaching On Land by midnighter(f): 7:15pm On Jan 23, 2020
philip0906:

Who is supposed to determine where a plane lands or not? Is that the duty of the citizens or those in position of authority?

Plus saying giving approval or not should not make someone build houses where planes land, is an indictment on the government and shows incompetence because a sensible government would not give approval for houses, where planes land.

This is a misplaced priority. Youre focusing on the wrong thing

Okay, now that the government has failed, are you trying to say that successive officials who may not even have been in office at the time the rubbish "approval" was given should just fold their hands and allow the errant building to stay there?

Wont they correct the mistake?

1 Like

Re: Akanu Ibiam Airport: Enugu Govt Demolishes Structures Encroaching On Land by philip0906(m): 7:17pm On Jan 23, 2020
midnighter:

[s]This is a misplaced priority. Youre focusing on the wrong thing[/s]

Okay, now that the government has failed, are you trying to say that successive officials who may not even have been in office at the time the rubbish "approval" was given should just fold their hands and allow the errant building to stay there?

Wont they correct the mistake?
Atleast we all agree the government has failed.

The next right thing will be to compensate those affected, as far as they were given approval from the government to purchase and/or build houses.
Re: Akanu Ibiam Airport: Enugu Govt Demolishes Structures Encroaching On Land by midnighter(f): 7:23pm On Jan 23, 2020
philip0906:

Atleast we all agree the government has failed.

The next right thing will be to compensate those affected, [s] as far as they were given approval from the government to purchase and/or build houses. [/s]

If its that angle you are coming from, no problem. As far as you are prepared to separate people who innocently built in the wrong area with people who deliberately circumvented building regulations. Can you think of a practicable way of doing that

The way you countered that guy sounded like you were trying to remove accountability from the builder, which doesnt make any sense.
Re: Akanu Ibiam Airport: Enugu Govt Demolishes Structures Encroaching On Land by philip0906(m): 7:33pm On Jan 23, 2020
midnighter:

If its that angle you are coming from, no problem. As far as you are prepared to separate people who innocently built in the wrong area with people who deliberately circumvented building regulations. Can you think of a practicable way of doing that

[s]The way you countered that guy sounded like you were trying to remove accountability from the builder, which doesnt make any sense[/s]
Ofcourse if you circumvent laid down regulations, then you're on your own. In Lagos alone, there are tons of lawsuits against government at the courts over issues of repossession of properties like this, by government.
Re: Akanu Ibiam Airport: Enugu Govt Demolishes Structures Encroaching On Land by midnighter(f): 7:36pm On Jan 23, 2020
philip0906:
[s]Ofcourse if you circumvent laid down regulations, then you're on your own. In Lagos alone, there are tons of lawsuits against government at the courts over issues of repossession of properties like this, by government. [/s]
Re: Akanu Ibiam Airport: Enugu Govt Demolishes Structures Encroaching On Land by philip0906(m): 7:39pm On Jan 23, 2020
[quote author=midnighter post=86051148][/quote]
You're finally bereft of logical counter argument...Lol
Re: Akanu Ibiam Airport: Enugu Govt Demolishes Structures Encroaching On Land by midnighter(f): 7:42pm On Jan 23, 2020
philip0906:

You're finally bereft of logical counter argument...Lol

Just giving you what you like.

It's my fault anyway for quoting you. Thought you were sensible enough to disagree with me and explain why in a mature manner.

Dont worry, I wont be making that mistake again. Bye!
Re: Akanu Ibiam Airport: Enugu Govt Demolishes Structures Encroaching On Land by philip0906(m): 7:44pm On Jan 23, 2020
midnighter:

Just giving you what you like.

It's my fault anyway for quoting you. Thought you were sensible enough to disagree with me and explain why in a mature manner.

Dont worry, I wont be making that mistake again. Bye!
I disagreed with you in a sensible manner amd countered all your arguments...alas, you were bereft of any other sensible posit, which you clearly displayed grin

Re: Akanu Ibiam Airport: Enugu Govt Demolishes Structures Encroaching On Land by midnighter(f): 7:50pm On Jan 23, 2020
philip0906:

I disagreed with you in a sensible manner amd countered all your arguments...alas, you were bereft of any other sensible posit, which you clearly displayed grin

Lol, I really need to cultivate the habit of checking people's profiles before starting any discussion with them; it would save me some irritations.

You cancel people's posts and insult them whenever you disagree so I actually shouldnt have bothered, seeing as on any normal day, you enjoy acting like an overgrown baby grin I no blame you at all...youre just a sophisticated troll, nothing more
Re: Akanu Ibiam Airport: Enugu Govt Demolishes Structures Encroaching On Land by philip0906(m): 7:51pm On Jan 23, 2020
midnighter:

Lol, I really need to cultivate the habit of checking people's profiles before starting any discussion with them; it would save me some irritations.

You cancel people's posts and insult them whenever you disagree so I actually shouldnt have bothered, seeing as on any normal day, you enjoy acting like an overgrown baby grin I no blame you at all...youre just a sophisticated troll, nothing more
Chai...Why are you so pained?

Re: Akanu Ibiam Airport: Enugu Govt Demolishes Structures Encroaching On Land by amaifehenry(m): 8:01pm On Jan 23, 2020
Okekenwajideaku:
This Onoh of a man just turned in demolishing Enugu..

Almost all kiosk and shops been demolished with no alternative
My bro I tire oo. Funny enough I created a thread about the atrocities being committed by this man. Yet nairaland don't want to push it up. Crime will rise in Enugu with the kind of demolition in urban areas
Re: Akanu Ibiam Airport: Enugu Govt Demolishes Structures Encroaching On Land by akpunda86: 8:16pm On Jan 23, 2020
amaifehenry:

My bro I tire oo. Funny enough I created a thread about the atrocities being committed by this man. Yet nairaland don't want to push it up. Crime will rise in Enugu with the kind of demolition in urban areas

Wich crime.guy forget The guy is trying. Enugu has been messed up.kudos to the guy.lots of junctions have been cleared.
Nza street by Bush bar cleared but those dealers on drugs no wan leave the junction.

Guy the police are heavily fortified any kpam ur gone.

A thief was stuck on my fence two days ago.saw him energized the razor fence.i made sure he was near dead bf i called the police.he died today.
Guy Enugu is better and cleaner now.KUDOS TO THE LION OF JUDEA HIMSELF ONOH.

1 Like

Re: Akanu Ibiam Airport: Enugu Govt Demolishes Structures Encroaching On Land by ChimaAgbalajob: 8:54pm On Jan 23, 2020
As painful as this is, it is better to be safe than sorry.

If broad wings of a Boeing 747 with 600 passengers landing at night slams against any of those buildings and burst into fire killing all on board, everyone will regret why these buildings were not removed since.

It is even sadder that the landlord hurriedly built so close to the airport runway as soon as the airport became international. What type of people are Nigerians? You already know if an airport is international, it will have a longer runway and bigger planes landing. So why should you build even closer to the main runway to grab land? You would immediately know a day will come when it will be removed. Nigerians sef!

These obstacles are labeled D in the picture when the issues about Enugu airport was identified. The obstacles 'A' and 'D' were the worst obstacles threatening the runway. Notice that they clearly built waay inside the airport perimeter. Every other building did not go beyond the line behind them. If obstacle 'E' = Eke-orie market was removed, it was only a question of time before obstacles A and D are removed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akanu Ibiam Airport: Enugu Govt Demolishes Structures Encroaching On Land by Mrexcell(m): 12:37am On Jan 24, 2020
OEPHIUS:
More

These are people's hard earned money gone down the drain just like that.
Re: Akanu Ibiam Airport: Enugu Govt Demolishes Structures Encroaching On Land by 9jaRealist: 5:15am On Jan 24, 2020
eldoradoxx:
ECTDA under Onoh will soon demolish the entire Enugu, I wonder whether it is what they voted for in the last election. I was around uwani just last week and I noticed the massive demolition of people's shops and kiosks and other attachment to buildings where people do businesses to sustain themselves and I was wondering whether economy of that state which is predominantly a civil service state has so grown to such extent as to warrant such heartless demolitions?

GOOD!

Nigerians will b*tch and moan that nothing works in Nigeria...
Without grasping that it's because everyone is breaking laws/rules.
>

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Crisis Brews As Dogara Moves To Strip Lasun Of Powers: Nation / Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly Under Siege By SARS (Photos) / Governor Ganduje And Emir Sanusi Meet At The 35th Convocation Of BUK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.