Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

Condition Of Taobah (repentance) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Condition Of Taobah (repentance) (6593 Views)

Consequences Of Zina: A Grave Sin Requiring Repentance / Regret: The Most Important Aspect Of Repentance / Hadith On Repentance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Condition Of Taobah (repentance) by Lukgaf(m): 6:01pm On Jan 23, 2020
Alhamdulillah wasalatu wasalamu ‘ala rosulillah

Allaah says: “Say: O ‘Ibaadi (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allaah, verily, Allaah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful” (Q39:53).

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Our Lord comes down to the lowest heaven when one-third of the night remains, and says, ‘Who will call upon Me so that I may answer him? Who will ask Me so that I may give to him? Who will seek My forgiveness so that I may forgive him?’” Muslim, no. 758
Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Repentance is essential from every sin, even if it is something between a person and Allaah and has nothing to do with the rights of another person. There are three conditions of repentance:
1-You should give up the sin
2-You should regret having done it
3-You should resolve never to go back to it.

If one of these three is missing, then your repentance is not sincere.

If the sin has to do with the rights of another person, then there are four conditions: the three mentioned above and restoring the rights of that person. If it is money or property, etc, it must be returned to him; if it had to do with slandering him etc, then you should allow him to insult him in return, or ask for his forgiveness; if it had to do with backbiting about him, then you have to ask for his pardon. It is essential to repent from all sins; if a person repents from some, his repentance from the sins from which he repented is valid – according to the scholars who follow the right path – but he must still repent from the rest as well.

According to Sheik Uthaymeen, sincere Repentance: Must meet five conditions (in order to be accepted), which are:

1. Sincerity to Allaah, the Most High: This is by the person doing it only for the sake of Allaah and seeking His reward and salvation from His punishment.
2. Remorse: for the sin that was committed, such that he is sad he did it and wishes he had never done it.
3. Ceasing: to commit the sin immediately. If the sin was against Allaah, then he should (1) stop doing it if it was an unlawful act, or (2) hasten to do it if it was an obligation that he abandoned doing. And if the sin was against a created being (such as humans), then he should hasten to free himself from it, whether by returning it back to him or seeking his forgiveness and pardon.
4. Determination: to not go back to doing that sin again in the future.
5. The repentance should not occur before the time when its acceptance is terminated, either by death or by the sun rising from the west. Allaah says: “Repentance is of no effect for those who commit sins constantly until when death faces one of them, he says: Verily I repent now.” The Prophet ( sallAllaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: “Whoever repents before the sun rises from its west, Allaah will accept his repentance.” [Reported by Muslim]
O Allaah, grant us the sincere repentance and accept it from us, verily You are the All-Hearing, the All-Knowing. Sifat Salaat-in-Nabee (pages 49-51).

May Allaah grant us understanding

Source: Fiqh class foundation

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Condition Of Taobah (repentance) by blackjack21(m): 12:47pm On Jan 24, 2020
An nadam alama fatha.
Remember how they shove this down our throats in tawheed classes

Well, not down enough.
Re: Condition Of Taobah (repentance) by fatymore(f): 12:53pm On Jan 24, 2020
May Allah continue to have mercy on us

3 Likes

Re: Condition Of Taobah (repentance) by ganiyu26(m): 1:05pm On Jan 24, 2020
Barakallahu fihi brother, may Allah forgive us of our sin

5 Likes

Re: Condition Of Taobah (repentance) by Akpan107(m): 1:18pm On Jan 24, 2020
fatymore:
May Allah continue to have mercy on us
You don't have much to worry about.

You only need to touch the black stone of Ka'aba and your sins will be erased.

Sunan an-Nasa'i book 24, Hadith 0.

Re: Condition Of Taobah (repentance) by born2begreat(m): 1:30pm On Jan 24, 2020
You are a capital FOOL. Must you comment on every post you see? If you don`t have anything sensible to comment then you walk pass by the post. Omo Eran
sunshineV:
Slaves grin

1 Like

Re: Condition Of Taobah (repentance) by fatymore(f): 2:27pm On Jan 24, 2020
Akpan107:
You don't have much to worry about.

You only need to touch the black stone of Ka'aba and your sins will be erased.

Sunan an-Nasa'i book 24, Hadith 0.
Thank you
Re: Condition Of Taobah (repentance) by bolseas(f): 2:57pm On Jan 24, 2020
born2begreat:
You are a capital FOOL. Must you comment on every post you see? If you don`t have anything sensible to comment then you walk pass by the post. Omo Eran

Dont reply just report such posts. the posts will be deleted by the moderator or admin.

2 Likes

Re: Condition Of Taobah (repentance) by Predator1: 3:49pm On Jan 24, 2020
Nice write up. May Allah reward you and increase your wisdom

1 Like

Re: Condition Of Taobah (repentance) by carbony4red(m): 11:14am On Jan 25, 2020
Jazaka lahu khairan
Re: Condition Of Taobah (repentance) by Occurstaem(m): 5:14pm On Jan 25, 2020
May Allah forgive and have mercy on all Muslims and Muslimats and our departed ones, Aamiin

(1) (Reply)

Are Muslims Permitted To Lie? / Are You A Traveler? Learn How And When To Shorten Solat! / Why Do Muslims Always Bear Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.