Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

El-Rufai: Power Sector Gulped N1.7 Trillion In 3 Years - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai: Power Sector Gulped N1.7 Trillion In 3 Years (14512 Views)

₦‎3.7 Trillion Budget Padding Claim: Senate Suspends Ningi For Three Months / Subsidy Payments Gulped ₦‎1.82 Trillion In Five Months, Arrears Hit ₦‎3.73trn / Okowa Diverted ₦‎1.7 Trillion State Fund To His Companies – Edwin Clark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-Rufai: Power Sector Gulped N1.7 Trillion In 3 Years by kayuseful: 9:52am On Jan 24, 2020
Xisnin:

There was never a $16 billion dollar spent.
Nigeria neither has that money nor did it borrowed it.
The proposal was to spend $16 billion dollars, about $2 billion dollars was eventually spent on independent power projects.
It is not a surprise why the contractors and ministers involved in the projects are not on the top list on EFCC
since that would have been used to humiliate OBJ. This is not a defense of anybody because fraud is always involved in
any government contract but it is important to set the record straight.

Bless you sir/ma
Politicians playing on Nigerians emotional inclination rather than facts

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: Power Sector Gulped N1.7 Trillion In 3 Years by celeiyke: 9:55am On Jan 24, 2020
Roadtoyesterday:

Do you know abt system at all sir?

na price na
Re: El-Rufai: Power Sector Gulped N1.7 Trillion In 3 Years by JVector: 10:54am On Jan 24, 2020
Power Sector in Nigeria will never work until the law backing the sector is reviewed and ammended.
Government should stop shying away from this fact in the name of national unity that is not taking us anywhere as a nation.

Let each state or individual generate electricity as their consumption demands.

10/10
Re: El-Rufai: Power Sector Gulped N1.7 Trillion In 3 Years by Zina214: 11:41am On Jan 24, 2020
N1.7trillion yet the Electricity distribution companies have failed to provide the basic service they're funded to do.
These DISCOs do not even have the infrastructure and equipments to render quality services, yet they raise their shoulders high when billing consumers.
Coupled with the ridiculous tariff.
It's a good thing this government has decided to look into the epilepsy that has eaten up the power sector.
Kindly extend licenses to investors who has what it takes to distribute the electricity generates by the GENCOs.
Enough of this docility.
Re: El-Rufai: Power Sector Gulped N1.7 Trillion In 3 Years by Hisroyalbadmeat(m): 11:53am On Jan 24, 2020
Where's the light,?I weep for the next generation,�
Re: El-Rufai: Power Sector Gulped N1.7 Trillion In 3 Years by bilulu(m): 2:47pm On Jan 24, 2020
SoNature:
Useless Nigerians have sworn that this country will never work, but they will be quick to travel to countries that work to enjoy themselves.

After improving the economies of such countries with looted funds, they will return to their native country, complaining that nothing works in Nigeria.

The blackman lacks common sense
I don't think you actually know the amount of sense you just made. I was telling a Philipino who was of the opinion he wont be returning to his country because of the level of corruption over there that he should be ashamed leaving his own country because of corruption and bad leadership to Canada. I asked him if the Canadians have two heads? They made their country work and you rush down, why can't you make yours work? Why can't their citizens fight for your VISA, PR or citizenship the way we do? He was just there staring at me. My brother we should be ashamed of ourselves for leaving to enjoy another man's sweat instead of fighting for what is rightly ours.... that is cowardice....

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: Power Sector Gulped N1.7 Trillion In 3 Years by jimoqua: 5:37pm On Jan 24, 2020
it well with my country oh.
Re: El-Rufai: Power Sector Gulped N1.7 Trillion In 3 Years by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 24, 2020
Nbote:
Which of d Power sector biko?
The actual power sector

grin
Re: El-Rufai: Power Sector Gulped N1.7 Trillion In 3 Years by Legendguru: 7:37pm On Jan 24, 2020
Really
Re: El-Rufai: Power Sector Gulped N1.7 Trillion In 3 Years by Mouthgag: 7:59pm On Jan 24, 2020
Esseite:

At $1 to N99 during OBJ reign, Buhari has surpassed that record, yet no light...
Typical illiterate!

I dey even shame for you...
Re: El-Rufai: Power Sector Gulped N1.7 Trillion In 3 Years by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 24, 2020
how u dey? Been a while since I had your time. Just had to call your attention to this. So after pdp raped us, your apc has continued. See how much they have spent yet no result. I'm sure as usual you will blame the pdp. But thinking about it you will not have the guts to show up on a thread like this anyway.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: Power Sector Gulped N1.7 Trillion In 3 Years by CrystalMax: 11:46pm On Jan 24, 2020
If you are a journalist willing to make a name for yourself, one of the biggest story you can do now, is a report on the privatization of the power sector. There's so much looting to be uncovered in my own opinion.
Do some investigation/cover story on the privatization of the power sector and you'd be amazed at how much have gone down the drain.

So much is being spent on nothing. God help us.
Re: El-Rufai: Power Sector Gulped N1.7 Trillion In 3 Years by Thazard(m): 2:54pm On Jan 25, 2020
Nbote:
Which of d Power sector biko?
Re: El-Rufai: Power Sector Gulped N1.7 Trillion In 3 Years by itzemar(m): 6:12pm On Jan 28, 2020
AroOkigbo:

Are you ok, even for this early morning?
Lol.
Is sarcasm that far from you? �

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kano State APC Guber Candidate Gawuna, Holds Rally In Gezawa (Pictures) / CG NCS, Haliru Nababa: FG Spends More On Feeding Security Dogs Than Inmates / Eid Kabir: Dangote Hosted By Sokoto State Govt & Sultanate Council (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.