Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

Seo: 5 Reasons Why You Must Learn In 2020 - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Seo: 5 Reasons Why You Must Learn In 2020 (792 Views)

Best Digital Skills To Learn In Nigeria Today / 5 Reasons Why You Should Start A Blog In 2019 / Local SEO: 5 Important Factors That Affect Your Local Ranking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seo: 5 Reasons Why You Must Learn In 2020 by AloyalNigerian(m): 6:44am On Jan 24, 2020
I once had an encounter with a client who practically swallowed everything I told her hook and sinker about her blog’s SEO. Wait! Not that I told her any lies, I just unraveled from the little conversation we had that she didn’t know anything about SEO. Probably, some folks in my shoes would have charged her ridiculously but I didn’t.

Out of curiosity, I asked her, “Ma’am, you don’t seem to know anything about SEO”. Her response was, “Why should I learn it when I can outsource it?”. Wow! Just wow! She had a point though, but knowing the knitty-gritty is very different from having the right idea about it.

At least, if she had any idea, she could have easily pointed out what she wanted me to do in clear terms. Also, it would save SEOs from a lot of headache caused by clients who want you to perform an overnight magic and make their site or blog appear on the front page of Google.

I am aware of what other SEOs do to shut them up in this case. Some simply optimize their content for a low-valued, irrelevant long-tail keyword that will never generate any reasonable click, at least for now. But, since they were able to see their site on the front page, they feel super happy. Knowing what you really want in relation to what is attainable will definitely help you and save you from a lot of stress and disappointments.

Okay! I have highlighted 5 reasons why everyone must learn a thing or two about SEO.

⇒ Avoid Getting Duped by SEO Agencies

The easiest way to get duped by any ingenuine SEO agency when you pay for their services is when you don’t really know what you want or how to measure the effect of their work on your blog or site. If you approach any of them with enough knowledge about what you want, it would become difficult for them to trick you into believing what is not true.

Since you have an idea, and the only thing you need them to do is handle the technical aspect of SEO which you forgivably unaware of. Also, you will be able to access their work and ascertain if they did anything or not. With time, as you learn and grow in SEO, you would be able to easily handle a lot of small SEO tasks that you would have normally outsourced because you didn’t know a thing about it.

⇒ Run Quick and SImple SEO Analysis

There are tons of SEO tools out there that you can use to run some SEO analysis on your blog before hiring anyone to do anything for you. A lot of times, these tools will detect the problems and proffer appropriate solutions to them depending on the complexity of the tools.

The best tools out there are not free, some are really on the high side while the rest are quite affordable too. Squeezing the cost of acquiring these tools will do a lot to help you in the long run, because there are some small SEO issues that require immediate fixes and they have beneficial rewards. Unlike when you have to wait till the issue deteriorate and starts showing visible symptoms before you know the right time has come to take action. It might be too late already by then.

⇒ Easily Implement Small SEO Fixes

The more you learn SEO, with time, you will be acquainted with what it is and find it easy to rectify anything in that regard. For instance, one of these tools might suggestions like adding alt tags to your images, or rightly labelling the links you have on your blog pages according to this Google new rule.

If your blog is hosted on wordpress, solving this problem is not that difficult. In you Media Library, you can edit the images and add the appropriate (SEO rich) alt tags. Also, editing the ‘rel’ of your links is not that difficult, but this time you really need to get into the html code editor and make the necessary corrections.

These are not things you know within a few days, rather, the more time you spend learning SEO, the more you know. Change is Constant and SEO tactics changes every now and then too, based on the changes, the recent one is often referred to as the ‘2020 core algorithm update’.

⇒ Know The Dos and Don’ts of SEO to Avoid Penalties (Google)

Google has placed measures in place to penalize defaulting blogs that are most likely doing some black hat SEO tricks. If the automated measures do not detect you, very soon, you may be slammed with a manual action by one of ‘Google online cops’.

Unfortunately, you might not even be aware of what you have done to deserve the ban because you have no idea on the dos and don’ts of SEO. It is opined that, ignorance is not an excuse in the face of the law.

Any SEO person might have asked you to do some things that will boost your SERP rankings without letting you know the implication of what you are doing. Google greatly frowns against Black hat SEO practices, and you should refrain from indulging in the act as well for the sake of your site.

⇒ Know Little Things to Promote Your Small Business Online Using SEO

Small business owners are not left on SEO knowledge as well. You have a lot to benefit from SEO as a business owner that is trying to get your business online. There are so many untapped juices out there online waiting to be harvested only if you know the right thing to do starting from social media marketing, online ads, local seo, etc.

Local SEO, for instance, is now growing in popularity amongst businesses online as more and more businesses are now claiming their businesses on Google by creating a Google My Business profile. The benefits of this platform are numerous, and it is so easy to set up a Google My Business profile for your business.

CONCLUSION

To follow the old cliche, ‘I hope with these points of mine, I have been able to convince and not to confuse you on reasons why you must learn SEO this year.’ That was on a lighter note though. As highlighted in the preceding points, you can now see that it is essential that you learn the basics of SEO. You can start learning here on this blog, SEOJagaban.

These 2 basic SEO guide will set you on the right path: “Beginners’ Guide to SEO Success – Ahrefs” and “Beginner’s Guide to SEO – Moz” . I wish you well in this new adventure.

Please, share this post and drop a comment on what you think. I would love to hear and listen from your opinion smiley.

Thanks.

source: https://seojagaban.com/seo-5-reasons-why-you-must-learn-in-2020/

2 Likes

Re: Seo: 5 Reasons Why You Must Learn In 2020 by sulaimon22: 11:56am On Jan 24, 2020
nice write up

1 Like

Re: Seo: 5 Reasons Why You Must Learn In 2020 by AloyalNigerian(m): 9:16am On Jan 25, 2020
sulaimon22:
nice write up

Thank you!
Re: Seo: 5 Reasons Why You Must Learn In 2020 by pushups44: 11:27am On Jan 25, 2020
Thanks for this excellent post! I agree, black hat techniques are to be avoided. I believe content is king and backlinks are secondary. Add value to your website and social media accounts regularly. I also occasionally like social bookmarking websites that are trusted and authoritative like Folkd. There are many ways to build backlinks, but again, content should be the top priority to avoid penalties.
Re: Seo: 5 Reasons Why You Must Learn In 2020 by AloyalNigerian(m): 5:36pm On Jan 25, 2020
pushups44:
Thanks for this excellent post! I agree, black hat techniques are to be avoided. I believe content is king and backlinks are secondary. Add value to your website and social media accounts regularly. I also occasionally like social bookmarking websites with that are trusted and authoritative like Folkd. There are many ways to build backlinks, buit again, content should be the top priority to avoid penalties.

Excellent points.

Content is king, no doubt. But offsite SEO is the crown (majorly backlinks). grin
Re: Seo: 5 Reasons Why You Must Learn In 2020 by webtizers: 6:00am On Apr 15, 2020
You can also focus on long tail keywords to improve your chances of conversion especially for buying keywords. if you can't get your on-page SEO done, you can search for premium SEO services both locally or on freelance websites to help you achieve some of these things started above.

(1) (Reply)

Website Design Company In Nigeria - ADS Studios / I Need Your Help, Please / Write On Internet And Training And Get Paid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.