Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,879 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Dad And Daughter Diagnosed With Cancer At The Same Time - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dad And Daughter Diagnosed With Cancer At The Same Time (270 Views)

Woman Diagnosed With 'abdominal Tumor' Gives Birth To Twins / Woman Diagnosed With Rare Condition That Prevents Her From Hearing MALE Voices / Lady Diagnosed With Cancer At 23 And Had Her Eggs Frozen, Shares Her Story. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dad And Daughter Diagnosed With Cancer At The Same Time by stellapatu: 12:58pm On Jan 24, 2020
A father and daughter are both battling cancer at the same time, with the daughter having breast cancer and father battling kidney cancer.

Jessica Duffield, 22, has been forced to put her studies on hold after she was diagnosed with breast cancer for a second time in three years while her dad fights kidney cancer.The 22-year-old was just 19 when she was first diagnosed with the condition and underwent chemotherapy.

But last year, she received the terrifying news that the cancer had returned and she has now been having radiotherapy.

As a result, Jessica, who studies food manufacturing at Chester University, has had to defer her third year.

Her dad Keith Duffield was diagnosed with kidney cancer after medics found a tumour on his spine.

Jessica, from Newcastle, told Stoke on Trent Live : “I had a CT scan last February and nothing was picked up. My oncologist then looked at it in August, spotted abnormalities, and booked me in for another CT scan.

"I was looking at the symptoms online and feeling anxious. A few weeks later, they told me I had secondary breast cancer.

More details; https://www.paxexlive.com/thread/dad-and-daughter-diagnosed-with-cancer-at-the-same-time

Re: Dad And Daughter Diagnosed With Cancer At The Same Time by Freestainworld(m): 1:06pm On Jan 24, 2020
Hard times always test our faith, it is well with your soul.

(1) (Reply)

Eat Live Baby Mice In Vietnam / Comparing Corona Virus To Other Epidemics / Hypertension/blood Pressure/stroke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.