Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,410 members, 7,846,741 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Wikileaks: Comparison To Pakistan And Role Of China In Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wikileaks: Comparison To Pakistan And Role Of China In Africa (550 Views)

Buhari To Travel To China In Mid-April / Rotimi Amaechi Pictured With Qin Jian Of China, During His Courtesy Visit Today / The New Igbo Leader And Role Model. PICTURE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wikileaks: Comparison To Pakistan And Role Of China In Africa by Nobody: 1:11am On Dec 09, 2010
WHERE DOES NIGERIA GO FROM HERE?

--------------------------------

14. (C) It is possible that Nigeria could be a future Pakistan according to A/S Carson. In 25 years, there could be impoverished masses, a wealthy elite and radicalism in the North. The question is whether the oil wells will be dry as well and could Nigeria be on "sustainable and irreversible glide path to a new economic base" per the A/S.

16. (C) , China is a very aggressive and pernicious economic competitor with no morals. China is not in Africa for altruistic reasons. China is in Africa for China primarily. A secondary reason for China's presence is to secure votes in the United Nations from African countries. A third reason is to prove that Taiwan is not an issue. There are trip wires for the United States when it comes to China. Is China developing a blue water navy? Have they signed military base agreements? Are they training armies? Have they developed intelligence operations? Once these areas start developing then the United States will start worrying. The United States will continue to push democracy and capitalism while Chinese authoritarian capitalism is politically challenging. The Chinese are dealing with the Mugabe's and Bashir's of the world, which is a contrarian political model, A/S Carson stated.

There's more here
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/us-embassy-cables-documents/250144
Re: Wikileaks: Comparison To Pakistan And Role Of China In Africa by tpia1: 1:41am On Dec 09, 2010
It is possible that Nigeria could be a future Pakistan according to A/S Carson

too late.

we passed that point long ago.
Re: Wikileaks: Comparison To Pakistan And Role Of China In Africa by DapoBear(m): 1:42am On Dec 09, 2010
This is a lot of material to digest. I did not suspect that so much of the Wikileaks content would be about Nigeria.
Re: Wikileaks: Comparison To Pakistan And Role Of China In Africa by Beaf: 1:54am On Dec 09, 2010
DapoBear:

This is a lot of material to digest. I did not suspect that so much of the Wikileaks content would be about Nigeria.

Nigeria is one of the top countries on the list. We have the 17th highest number of cables.
Re: Wikileaks: Comparison To Pakistan And Role Of China In Africa by HighChief4(m): 3:34am On Dec 09, 2010
tpia1:

too late.

We have not gotten to that point yet and I pray we dont, but then again, the way we are going there is no hope
Re: Wikileaks: Comparison To Pakistan And Role Of China In Africa by prosper(m): 8:37pm On Dec 09, 2010
Unfortunately Nigerians are so slow, They's been so oppressed to the extent that they are forever slaves.
The lawmakers pay issue alone is enough to cause a protest.
But alas we are all looking.
Empty and spent.
God deliver our children from slavery
Re: Wikileaks: Comparison To Pakistan And Role Of China In Africa by Kilode1: 8:47pm On Dec 09, 2010
DapoBear:

We are a leaking tap Dapo, actually, scrap that! we are a blown out pipe!

Everybody has some opinion about us, on how to exploit us, except we ourselves and oh boy! do they pursue their interests?

I bet there will be more, I can't wait  for what they have from the Civil war era and Military period of the 70s-90s. The questions are; what are we going to do about this info? where is the "Nationalistic" outrage?
Re: Wikileaks: Comparison To Pakistan And Role Of China In Africa by Omenani(m): 9:05pm On Dec 09, 2010
I definitely want to read the cables pertaining to the Nigerian Civil War. I can just imagine what they were saying about Ojukwu. Probably said he was a closet Marxist, because of his beard. Or that it would be better to work with the illiterate North, because Ojukwu on the other hand, would sell the oil to the highest bidder.
Re: Wikileaks: Comparison To Pakistan And Role Of China In Africa by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 09, 2010
Not yet oo

Though with the increasing hard-line stance of religious fanatics and level of illiteracy in the North

it's quite possible if the situation is not monitored

tpia1:

too late.

(1) (Reply)

21 Pdp Governors Endorsed Goodluck / Atiku Raises Alarm / Pdp Primaries : Atiku's Candidate Defeats Obj's In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.