Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Borno To Be Cut Off From Nigeria If Boko Haram Attacks Continue - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Borno To Be Cut Off From Nigeria If Boko Haram Attacks Continue (2779 Views)

Governor Zulum Tells Remi Tinubu He Will Deliver Borno To Tinubu / We Will Buy Guns For Ondo People If Terrorists’ Attacks Continue - Akeredolu / Army Sends Reinforcement Troops From Borno To South-East - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Borno To Be Cut Off From Nigeria If Boko Haram Attacks Continue by joyandfaith: 5:04am On Jan 28, 2020
Blue3k2:

Boko haram are formidable enemies in their opperation. The picked their soft targets well going after major roads, power lines. If they hypothetically take over this last road all they'd have to contend with airforce as their major threat. After that what left to destroy besides Maiduguri airport.

with their mode of operation , destroy the bridge and plan deadly attack on airport or any flight. fg has to wake up.
Re: Borno To Be Cut Off From Nigeria If Boko Haram Attacks Continue by tsaragii(m): 8:42am On Jan 28, 2020
saaron:
Trump's administration should setup Africom in north east as soon as possible before buhari's islamist regime nurture boko haram terrorist to a point of no return.
My brother you are wrong.
Not all fulani are Muslims, some are not even practicing Muslims especially those residing in the bush.
the truth is many disbelievers will continue to utter blasphemy to Islam and as such will ascribe anything unlawful to it.
But Allah says he we continue to protect this religion.
the truth is you are free to always say whatever you wish, but mind you sooner or later you will give account of every words you utter
FOR THOSE MISCONCEPTING ISLAM READ THIS:[color=#990000][/color]

There is no compulsion in religion. The right direction is henceforth distinct from error. And he who rejecteth false deities and believeth in Allah hath grasped a firm handhold which will never break. Allah is Hearer, Knower.
— trans. Marmaduke Pickthall, Quran 2:256

And if your Lord had pleased, surely all those who are in the earth would have believed, all of them; will you then force men till they become believers?
— Quran 10:99

He said: "O my people! See ye if (it be that) I have a Clear Sign from my Lord, and that He hath sent Mercy unto me from His own presence, but that the Mercy hath been obscured from your sight? shall we compel you to accept it when ye are averse to it?
— Quran 11:28

Say, "The truth is from your Lord": Let him who will believe, and let him who will, reject (it): for the wrong-doers We have prepared a Fire whose (smoke and flames), like the walls and roof of a tent, will hem them in: if they implore relief they will be granted water like melted brass, that will scald their faces, how dreadful the drink! How uncomfortable a couch to recline on!
— Quran 18:29
Re: Borno To Be Cut Off From Nigeria If Boko Haram Attacks Continue by Biafrarep(m): 10:01am On Jan 28, 2020
I pity Southerners that are joining the NA. I have studied the prognosis on this so called war against Boko Haram, and I discovered that it will never end based on the following reasons:

There is now a lot of vested interests and diverse groups feeding fat from it. These groups include the boko Haram fighters who are now we'll paid and have lots of women in a rather dirt poor region.

Top ranking military officers diverting funds meant to be used for arms purchases and other logistics to their private accounts.

NGO's smiling to the bank with funds from foriegn donors.

A large pool of poverty stricken, ignorant, uneducated and unemployed youths who are now ever willing to be recruited by Boko Haram.

The wicked and selfish elite northern elite that have continued to play politics with Boko Haram.

The Islamic nature of the area and the involvement of global terrorist groups such as ISIL and others that now provide them with moral, logistics and financial support.

And lastly, the geography and torpography of the region, which makes it ideal for guerilla war.

In summary, the best government can do now is to reach an agreement with Boko Haram and give them semi autonomy to rule the state and in return get them to stop killing people and destroying infrastructure. Otherwise, we will continue to waste our men and resources in the name of fighting a war that has proven to be a lost cause. If the status qou remains, this situation will continue even in the next ten years and the longer Boko Haram stays, the stronger they become and the weaker the NA.
Sad to say this, but the reality is that Islamic terrorism has come to stay in the Lake Chad region and only the involvement of world powers like US and Russia can rout them.

Any Igbo or Christians still living in these areas are just endangering their lives unnecessarily.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Borno To Be Cut Off From Nigeria If Boko Haram Attacks Continue by Blue3k2: 1:30pm On Jan 28, 2020
joyandfaith:
with their mode of operation , destroy the bridge and plan deadly attack on airport or any flight. fg has to wake up.

Boko haram been repelled since 2014 but they keep at it. If the FG can secure and repair other routes that would be good. Losing the golde gate bridge and airport would make things infinitely more complicated for the ngo's. Those 2 million people would starve in Maiduguri.
Re: Borno To Be Cut Off From Nigeria If Boko Haram Attacks Continue by Tyche(m): 1:40pm On Jan 28, 2020
Re: Borno To Be Cut Off From Nigeria If Boko Haram Attacks Continue by orisa37: 1:54pm On Jan 28, 2020
If Borno State continues her RECALCITRANCE, Full Autonomy of Policing, Resourcing and Electioneering Control to the 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES will open their to Civilisation and the Realities of good Governance.
Re: Borno To Be Cut Off From Nigeria If Boko Haram Attacks Continue by Blue3k2: 2:09pm On Jan 28, 2020
Tyche:

This old article will throw more light on the current happening

The guy was right on the money. Chad has fallen back recently and Cameroon is only intrested in containing threat to Nigeria. These guys planned well. The army is stretched thin so it's going to need forces within Maiduguri to protect themselves.

Thus the new plan, called for the insurgency to first force the Chadians out of this war in addition to avoid forcing them to return back in, and then defeat the Cameroonians in Cameroon’s northern territories which to them means forcing Cameroon to return back to the status quo ante
Before cutting off Maiduguri, then new Operation Zalzalah calls for the insurgency to empty villages in Borno State of their inhabitants and drive them to the sprawling metropolis, thus choking it full of hungry, desperate people, needing an enormous amount of supplies.

orisa37:
If Borno State continues her RECALCITRANCE, Full Autonomy of Policing, Resourcing and Electioneering Control to the 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES will open their to Civilisation and the Realities of good Governance.

I agree constutional amendments are the ultimate solution. Every tire of government should be allowed to establish their own police force and prisons. The should amend fire arms act 1990 and item 2 of the exclusive list. The government cant be everywhere so civilians will have to protect themselves like they've been doing against boko haram. This especially true in rural areas.
Re: Borno To Be Cut Off From Nigeria If Boko Haram Attacks Continue by joyandfaith: 2:21pm On Jan 28, 2020
Blue3k2:

Boko haram been repelled since 2014 but they keep at it. If the FG can secure and repair other routes that would be good. Losing the golde gate bridge and airport would make things infinitely more complicated for the ngo's. Those 2 million people would starve in Maiduguri.

that is their plan. boko haram is deeper than what we think. the mission is to create another country. i would not be surprised if they have started collecting taxes from locals.
Re: Borno To Be Cut Off From Nigeria If Boko Haram Attacks Continue by Blue3k2: 2:24pm On Jan 28, 2020
joyandfaith:

that is their plan. boko haram is deeper than what we think. the mission is to create another country. i would not be surprised if they have started collecting taxes from locals.

They already collect taxes in lake chad region. I mentioed it on this thread. That's mainly because the Nigerian military destroyed local economy with fishing ban.

In ISWAP-controlled areas, fishermen, fish dealers and cattle rearers are all expected to pay taxes. Fish dealers pay an average of N1 000 (US$2.8 ) for every carton of fish leaving the island daily. Individual fishermen using canoes each pay N5 000 (US$13.8 ) for one-time fishing permits.

Cattle rearers pay according to the number of cows they have. Sources familiar with the tax system on the islands say there is no multiple taxation, which affects legitimate businesses in Nigeria. Cattle rearers don't worry about their cattle being rustled, and there is little to no harassment or abuse of civilians by ISWAP fighters.

As part of the group's facilitation of locals' livelihoods, farmers are not taxed, but those buying from the farmers for commercial purposes are expected to pay a token depending on the quantity of farm produce they purchase. ISWAP also employs people to fish for it and work on its farms.

Source
Re: Borno To Be Cut Off From Nigeria If Boko Haram Attacks Continue by joyandfaith: 2:26pm On Jan 28, 2020
Blue3k2:

They already collect taxes in lake chad region. I mentioed it on this thread.
next thing is formation of lake chad republics or sambisa republic.it is a gradual thing

(1) (2) (Reply)

COVID-19 Relief Items Given To 72 Flats In My Estate / I Am Blushing Right Now,igbos Are Finally On Yoruba’s Side / Outrage As Benin Republic Police Storm Ogun, Arrest Nigerian Activist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.