Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,995 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Ile Arugbo: Saraki Seeks Out-of-court Settlement With Kwara Govt - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ile Arugbo: Saraki Seeks Out-of-court Settlement With Kwara Govt (26317 Views)

Gbemisola Saraki Breaks Silence On Ile Arugbo" Demolition, Comdemns Gov's Action / Saraki Reacts As Kwara Government Demolishes "Ile Arugbo" / Kwara Government Demolishes Saraki's Popular Family House "Ile Arugbo" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ile Arugbo: Saraki Seeks Out-of-court Settlement With Kwara Govt by 77up(m): 3:12pm On Jan 25, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Even if the Saraki's forgive Abdulrazaq, I will never forgive him for this act of wickedness.

Day, noon and night shall I pray to the most high to put fresh pepper in his eyes.
It's disappointing seen a perceived intelligent moniker toiling the part of religion delutionals , aren't you aware that most high doesn't reason like we human being? The fact is you mostly make sense but try to stop reasoning with sentiment .
Re: Ile Arugbo: Saraki Seeks Out-of-court Settlement With Kwara Govt by Triaction2790(m): 3:14pm On Jan 25, 2020
In our quest to analyze the cash flow generation level of most Nigerians in urban centres and ascertain their level of receptiveness to alternative income generation options; we are conducting this survey. Kindly help fill this form out �� https:///SYFFIN Thank you for cooperation.
Re: Ile Arugbo: Saraki Seeks Out-of-court Settlement With Kwara Govt by efighter: 3:14pm On Jan 25, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Even if the Saraki's forgive Abdulrazaq, I will never forgive him for this act of wickedness.

Day, noon and night shall I pray to the most high to put fresh pepper in his eyes.

Are you from Kwara State? I am from there. If you are not, kindly shut the fucck up.
Re: Ile Arugbo: Saraki Seeks Out-of-court Settlement With Kwara Govt by TrebleChamp(m): 3:15pm On Jan 25, 2020
Bukola Saraki was governor of Kwara State for eight years, yet could not approve CofO or even governors consent on that land for his father. Now he want to fight a governor who has done the right time by collecting a land that belongs to the state government. Saraki used the better part of his tenure as governor to fight his own father because he wanted to become the Godfather of Kwara politics. No be today Sakari don be backstabber and a dubious politician...

1 Like

Re: Ile Arugbo: Saraki Seeks Out-of-court Settlement With Kwara Govt by efighter: 3:17pm On Jan 25, 2020
helinues:
Abdulrasaq will regret the demolition of Ile Arugbo

Which kind of stupid politics is that

Abdulrasaq is doing what we the good and bad people of Kwara voted him to do. We are very happy with all his actions so far.

1 Like

Re: Ile Arugbo: Saraki Seeks Out-of-court Settlement With Kwara Govt by laughitall(m): 3:25pm On Jan 25, 2020
Qualityfootwear:
Nice move from Saraki because where two Elephants fight,na the grass go suffer

Meanwhile this prada is for sale at a very affordable price
what size and price ??
Re: Ile Arugbo: Saraki Seeks Out-of-court Settlement With Kwara Govt by mechanics(m): 3:34pm On Jan 25, 2020
Highest, he will be compensated but the land will be revoked.
Re: Ile Arugbo: Saraki Seeks Out-of-court Settlement With Kwara Govt by mullerman: 3:39pm On Jan 25, 2020
MartinCorridon:
grin

Wonder what the Igbos licking his Afonja yansh have to say to this....

Bukola was like a Pharaoh who believed he was invincible.

After decades in power, God levelled the dynasty.

Unfortunately for him, Governor Abdulrazaq is a billionaire who needs nothing from the Sarakis.

The Governor has no masters / godfathers and is just the right person to deal with them.
for your eyes
Re: Ile Arugbo: Saraki Seeks Out-of-court Settlement With Kwara Govt by mullerman: 3:41pm On Jan 25, 2020
valarmorghulis:

Surely he's on the wrong side, he has no documents to back him up in court
Saraki made a good move,we are watching
Re: Ile Arugbo: Saraki Seeks Out-of-court Settlement With Kwara Govt by iyimide(m): 3:49pm On Jan 25, 2020
It's a big lie..

Having watched with keen interest the level of propaganda being peddled by Kwara State government and her social media agents whose motives is to spin the reality surrounding illegal demolition of Ile-Arugbo and the ongoing court proceedings , I think as one of those who have been present in court since the beginning of this case , I will lend my voice to straighten this issue not because of defeated Kwara State government and her mischievous social media machineries but because of unsuspecting public who may be misinformed by their calumny antics against Saraki and the aged women whose interest is butchered by government who promised to protect them

Knowing fully that Dr Bukola Saraki continued rising popularity even outside the corridor of power is giving the present APC Government in the state a serous headache , one should understand why propaganda against Bukola Saraki is given topmost attention in this government and it would not even surprise us if there are provisions for such in the 2020 budget laid before the state Assembly .

Having said that, let me brush through some events which occurred today at the court in respect of the subject matter , I have seen propaganda flying by hired writers without regards to the integrity of the honorable court but we are not moved because the law and morality are firmly on our side

*History of The Out of Court Settlement Option*

At the last court sitting on January 15th where both lawyers , that is, saraki's family lawyer (Standing for Ile-Arugbo) and government lawyer presented themselves before the court , one of the defendants in the case who happened to be the Inspector General of Police was absent, the presiding judge then ordered that he be served through substituted means (pasting of court summon in kwara state Police Hq ) to make sure he has notice of the next court hearing which was today.

After the issue of picking a suitable adjournment date had been settled between both parties , the presiding judge in his wisdom now admonished both sides to consider dropping their individual ego in the interest of the state and toe the path of Peace with respect to the case before it .

The judge in his magnanimity had observed that it would be unwise for a piece of land not up to one plot to be creating serious tension and acrimony in the state, hence advised both parties to employ possible peaceful dialogue rather than putting the court through rigorous processes in settling the dispute which appeared to be drawing political tension in the state .

Following this, b both counsel took the hint and advise of tthe Honorable court to work out possible modalities to engage one another on possible out of court settlement in order to give peace a chance .

On the basis of that and since it is the normal tradition of lawyers in the spirit of amicable settlement to fashion out convenient date, time and venue for the parties to meet and discuss the way forward, as a matter of fact, either of the lawyer can write to the other lawyer suggesting date, time and venue for the meeting in order to speed up the process of reconciliation.
saraki's family having been known in Ilorin and kwara in general to be a peaceful family, their subsequently caused a letter to be written to the government in a bid to abide by the gentlemen agreements which was to be reached before His Lordship at the prior hearings , the letter which was expected to be treated with utmost confidentiality by the state government was however transmitted to some media outlets working with the government with an ulterior motives to blackmail the Sarakis family who have been enjoying public encomium since inception of this illegality.

As if that was not enough , Premiumtimes was also contracted to assist them spread the letter to have wide coverage beyond the state .

All these are strategies to push Dr Bukola Saraki and his supporters to the wall so as to reduce ourselves to the mud inside which the government and its hired writers are swimming ,but our long experience in government plus moral upbringing have placed us above their evil schemes until this morning in court.

*WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED IN COURT YESTERDAY*

Earlier today at the court , there was no much waste of time as Saraki's lawyers had already received response from the state government agreeing to the Court's advice and welcoming the move for peaceful resolutions.

At the resume hearing , Saraki lawyers said before Lordship thus :

*"On January 15th, your lordship conscientiously advised parties to explore amicable settlement of the case out of court in the interest of peace in this state of harmony. Consequent upon that , we as counsel to the claimant had to persuade our client and after thorough discussions, our client instructed us to write a letter to the Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice of the state of our readiness to meet with him. And the said letter was served on 20th January, 2020 on the state Attorney general who in return served on us this morning in court their response letter dated January 23rd, 2020 from the Kwara state Ministry of Justice. In the letter we are invited for a meeting slated for 27th January, 2020.*"

*“We want to explore the opportunity this court has afforded us. We therefore, apply that an adjournment is imminent and inevitable.”*

The government lawyers upon hearing this also explained to the Judge that they align with the position of Saraki's Lawyers , this was also accepted by the representative of the inspector general of police .

The judge therefore expressed his happiness that both parties are ready to embrace peace .

*We were therefore surprised to read in the social media falsehood about inability of lawyers to tender R of O before the court when in fact and in reality the case has not come up for hearing where both parties would have opportunity to present their family and documents to substantiate their case. And the issue of hearing/trial could only come to play when settlement has broken down irretrievably between the parties but that has not been so because the case is still at the preliminary stage for Mention.*

*Kwarans are happy that Saraki has approached the court being the last hope of a common man.We believe that the road to success may be a tortious journey but we have high hope in the judiciary.*

The sarakis family with the prayers of the aged women, sympathisers, supporters, ardent folowers and the RAHMA of the Almighty Allah will triumph over any evil machinations, propaganda, concocted lies, fake news and the rest designed or fashioned against them.

Re: Ile Arugbo: Saraki Seeks Out-of-court Settlement With Kwara Govt by DonroxyII: 4:24pm On Jan 25, 2020
what a paid agent. PR to bad ooo !☝️
Re: Ile Arugbo: Saraki Seeks Out-of-court Settlement With Kwara Govt by tosin4lyf: 4:46pm On Jan 25, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Are you from kwara state?
Re: Ile Arugbo: Saraki Seeks Out-of-court Settlement With Kwara Govt by alekuwodo(m): 4:56pm On Jan 25, 2020
Time will tell.

Meanwhile if you are interested in investing in upland paddy rice check my signature and join us.
Re: Ile Arugbo: Saraki Seeks Out-of-court Settlement With Kwara Govt by Irore: 4:59pm On Jan 25, 2020
Factfinder1:
Saraki had to withdraw the case out of Court so that the new government won't probe him and open his cans of worms
This house and other undeveloped parts of the property is peanut of peanuts to the Sarakis. Why not let go before excavation of the soil to unravel graphic photos.
Re: Ile Arugbo: Saraki Seeks Out-of-court Settlement With Kwara Govt by henrysam(m): 5:09pm On Jan 25, 2020
imam07:
You are the stupid idiot here who can't understand what was written. Saraki lawyer could not present c of o paper at d court and begged the court to let them settle out of court. Wht is wrong with your head. Do u want to die for saraki nii. Does he even know you at all.
You think bukola saraki will go to court without knowing what the court will ask of him. A whole Senate President will initiate a court action without having anything to back it up.
Let's just wait as events unfolds. But I am sure some people are commenting because of their love for the present governor of kwara state whole some are for saraki.
We are always driven by sentiments and love for political parties.

1 Like

Re: Ile Arugbo: Saraki Seeks Out-of-court Settlement With Kwara Govt by ajl: 5:21pm On Jan 25, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Nigerians and illegality. Do the Sarakis own that land in the face of the law? Answer is No, they do not since they don't have documents to back it up. They allocated the land to themselves and even failed to perfect the necessary documents.

Stop all these illegalities. That's why almost everything in Nigeria is chaotic and it seem like an open-air asylum.

1 Like

Re: Ile Arugbo: Saraki Seeks Out-of-court Settlement With Kwara Govt by laughitall(m): 5:52pm On Jan 25, 2020
Qualityfootwear:
size 41-45, 15k
no 40
Re: Ile Arugbo: Saraki Seeks Out-of-court Settlement With Kwara Govt by laughitall(m): 6:04pm On Jan 25, 2020
Qualityfootwear:

Available bit scarce but if you're ready,I'll get it for you on Monday
okay ... ur what's app number
Re: Ile Arugbo: Saraki Seeks Out-of-court Settlement With Kwara Govt by ayukdaboss(m): 6:22pm On Jan 25, 2020
valarmorghulis:

He won't regret anything
Lol
Re: Ile Arugbo: Saraki Seeks Out-of-court Settlement With Kwara Govt by Ladiesdoctor(m): 6:29pm On Jan 25, 2020
valarmorghulis:

He won't regret anything

Wait for the part 2
Re: Ile Arugbo: Saraki Seeks Out-of-court Settlement With Kwara Govt by Ladiesdoctor(m): 6:29pm On Jan 25, 2020
richesbhc:
He won't regret anything, that why Saraki is seeking out of court settlement.

Wait for the part 2
Re: Ile Arugbo: Saraki Seeks Out-of-court Settlement With Kwara Govt by Yenny4real(f): 6:46pm On Jan 25, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

And your prayers will be back to you and your generations. because any human been that stands against we Kwara state from having freedom they shall all know no peace.
Re: Ile Arugbo: Saraki Seeks Out-of-court Settlement With Kwara Govt by candygist: 6:59pm On Jan 25, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

But you can forgive saraki family for converting lands meant for Kwara state to their private land?
Re: Ile Arugbo: Saraki Seeks Out-of-court Settlement With Kwara Govt by imam07: 7:12pm On Jan 25, 2020
henrysam:

You think bukola saraki will go to court without knowing what the court will ask of him. A whole Senate President will initiate a court action without having anything to back it up.
Let's just wait as events unfolds. But I am sure some people are commenting because of their love for the present governor of kwara state whole some are for saraki.
We are always driven by sentiments and love for political parties.
I laugh u when u said a whole senator. This is africa mentality. Black man reasoning. Because he was a senator, he is above d law abi. He can do any how. That one you are saying is initial gragra
Re: Ile Arugbo: Saraki Seeks Out-of-court Settlement With Kwara Govt by tityboi: 7:21pm On Jan 25, 2020
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Customs Officers Killed People In Igangan, Not Unknown Gunmen – Oyo Government / How Buhari Stopped Osinbajo From Assigning Portfolios To New Ministers / Attack On Charly Boy: Suspects Arrested After (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.