Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,646 members, 7,816,655 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Advice Needed - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed (391 Views)

Advice Needed! Is Unhappiness A Good Reason For Divorce? / My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post / Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed by segun688: 6:33pm On Jan 25, 2020
hi. i have a cousin who has been married for 3 years. She just confided in me that some 'prophets' have been telling her husband that she has been unfaithful. I know it isn't true because we grew up together and i know she does not engage in such. She says her husband doesn't believe them, but the so called prophecies keep coming up. I don't know what to advise her to do. Wont mind responses from mature minds. or those who went through similar issues.
Re: Advice Needed by boylemonade(m): 6:52pm On Jan 25, 2020
Clear conscience fears no accusation.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed by GRACEGLORY: 6:53pm On Jan 25, 2020
First, let's get something right once and for all...

Who is a Prophet?
A person who speaks for God or a deity, or by divine inspiration.

For instance,

1 Kings 16:7:
Moreover, the word of the LORD through the prophet Jehu the son of Hanani...

And we all know that everything that is original has a copied version, and this isn't limited to position or office. And the office of the Prophet, and that of the Pastor is widely copied.

Matthew 7:15-20 (NIV)
15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

One thing that I know of a true prophet is that, he won't bring trouble into people's home, even if the woman is being unfaithful, and he's concerned, he'd send to see her, and talk with her, with advises and render help as a spiritual leader, not to expose her to the husband.

And for the man, how did he find himself around such person. Hence, the reason why he must know how to hear GOD for himself and family.

The most embattled institution on the face of the earth today is the institute of marriage, the couple must be well informed to survive the battle.

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed by DaniDani(m): 8:51pm On Jan 25, 2020
They should change their place of worship so that one prophet with a questionable character won't destroy their marriage...
Re: Advice Needed by GOVERNMENTBOY20: 8:58pm On Jan 25, 2020
Why would a prophet want her home broken??
Why will her husband take those prophecies over her own word? Maybe she has a terrible past.
Re: Advice Needed by eyinjuege: 9:27pm On Jan 25, 2020
I'm sure someone wants to break her marriage, using those fake prophets.
She needs to dig deep, to find out who.
Is it another woman waiting to be upgraded? Is it one of his family members or one of hers who doesn't like them together? It's a matter of time, till the truth be revealed.
She just needs to make sure she and her husband are on the same page, and that she has his trust.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Coro Anthem / N / 30 Signs You're In A Toxic Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.