Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,453 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Soldiers Cannot Defeat Boko Haram Alone – EU Tells Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Cannot Defeat Boko Haram Alone – EU Tells Buhari (976 Views)

Tinubu Cannot Defeat Atiku - Arewa Twitter / Governor Zulum: We Need 100,000 Soldiers To Defeat Boko Haram / Buhari To EU: We Will Defeat Boko Haram With Civil War Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Cannot Defeat Boko Haram Alone – EU Tells Buhari by Kingspin(m): 9:40pm On Jan 25, 2020
Janez Lenarcic, the European Union (EU) Commissioner for Crisis Management, Friday advised President Muhammadu Buhari to apply international law and international humanitarian law in dealing with Boko Haram.

He said ‘military effort alone would probably not be sufficient’ in tackling Boko Haram in the country.

“We would like to support your efforts. We believe all relevant actors; military, civilian as well as humanitarian should come together. The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs is suggesting such high level dialogue.

“In situations such as what we have in the northeast, international law and international humanitarian law should apply. We believe in your efforts to end the conflict; military effort alone probably will not be sufficient without identifying and addressing the socio-economic factors causing it, “he stated.

Disclosing this in a statement signed by Femi Adesina, Buhari’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, EU Commissioner emphasized that Nigeria plays a big role in the African continent and globally in economic, social and other spheres and asked for the development of a plan between the EU and Nigeria concerning the issues in the Northeast. He said he had visited Borno State and appreciates government’s efforts to end the conflict there.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/01/breaking-soldiers-cannot-defeat-boko-haram-alone-eu-tells-buhari/?fbclid=IwAR3ZEH4mNL4NiVwTAB80lJNrAukt88q0ZZUnAEX7BOS5H3hesM-E35rDwd0
Re: Soldiers Cannot Defeat Boko Haram Alone – EU Tells Buhari by jantofubu(m): 9:44pm On Jan 25, 2020
Ftc
Re: Soldiers Cannot Defeat Boko Haram Alone – EU Tells Buhari by Oluwaphemite(m): 9:49pm On Jan 25, 2020
jantofubu:
Ftc
We are worried about Nigeria and BokoHaram, your concern is about "ftc"? There is God o.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Cannot Defeat Boko Haram Alone – EU Tells Buhari by jantofubu(m): 10:00pm On Jan 25, 2020
Oluwaphemite:

We are worried about Nigeria and BokoHaram, your concern is about "ftc"? There is God o.

grin bro naija no fit better... Hustle and travel abroad..... Me I've resigned to fate

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Cannot Defeat Boko Haram Alone – EU Tells Buhari by socialmediaman: 10:01pm On Jan 25, 2020
Re: Soldiers Cannot Defeat Boko Haram Alone – EU Tells Buhari by subtlemee(f): 10:02pm On Jan 25, 2020
EU is not clueless
Re: Soldiers Cannot Defeat Boko Haram Alone – EU Tells Buhari by Oluwaphemite(m): 10:10pm On Jan 25, 2020
jantofubu:

grin bro naija no fit better... Hustle and travel abroad..... Me I've resigned to fate
Abeg no give up o. Many people are still making it here. I belong to that group.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Cannot Defeat Boko Haram Alone – EU Tells Buhari by slimfit1(m): 11:02pm On Jan 25, 2020
He has no life he is lifeless sending other people to their grave.
Re: Soldiers Cannot Defeat Boko Haram Alone – EU Tells Buhari by jantofubu(m): 11:11pm On Jan 25, 2020
Oluwaphemite:

Abeg no give up o. Many people are still making it here. I belong to that group.
Show me way sir
Re: Soldiers Cannot Defeat Boko Haram Alone – EU Tells Buhari by Bigflamie(m): 11:12pm On Jan 25, 2020
The dullard just made fool of himself before the EU. talking trash and off point to what's needed to defeat the menace rampaging Nigeria.

Just like the guy above that said Nigeria is not gonna get better, I concur.
Re: Soldiers Cannot Defeat Boko Haram Alone – EU Tells Buhari by EjaikreTheViper(f): 11:21pm On Jan 25, 2020
Buharin is a useless idiot!

By the way, where's that rotten meat seller?
Re: Soldiers Cannot Defeat Boko Haram Alone – EU Tells Buhari by ZombieHUNT: 11:24pm On Jan 25, 2020
jantofubu:

A country where population growth rate surprises God himself...

All of you will travel abroad?.... Over 200 m

It's okay... Just go Ghana here and see how Nigeria has fallen
Re: Soldiers Cannot Defeat Boko Haram Alone – EU Tells Buhari by ZombieHUNT: 11:25pm On Jan 25, 2020
EjaikreTheViper:
Buharin is a useless idiot!

By the way, where's that rotten meat seller?

Any country that has Buhari as president deserves to be the poverty capital of the world...

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Cannot Defeat Boko Haram Alone – EU Tells Buhari by EjaikreTheViper(f): 11:27pm On Jan 25, 2020
ZombieHUNT:

Any country that has Buhari as president deserves to be the poverty capital of the world...

u are wise
Re: Soldiers Cannot Defeat Boko Haram Alone – EU Tells Buhari by Litmus: 11:54pm On Jan 25, 2020
The west always offer African nations advice they wouldn't themselves follow and which Africa can't refuse or else! Simply put, they adopte the attitude that Africans, like beasts of the wilderness, are devoid of the higher human function such as deep feelings. The terrible Nigeria policy of forgiving and rehabilitating Bokoharam terrorist is undoubtedly one of those West advice. Such a policy, which forgoes retribution by the law, compensation to beloved families and such, could never be followed by Western nations. However, African nations, as exemplified by South Africa's Happy-Crappy-kumbaya, truth and reconciliation must be all our blueprint.
Re: Soldiers Cannot Defeat Boko Haram Alone – EU Tells Buhari by Litmus: 12:00am On Jan 26, 2020
Nigeria needs to bin the current rehabilitation nonsense up north and never listen to any advise from the West that is short of offering Nigeria inteligence, border control monitoring and credit for adequate weaponry to eradicate the pestilence.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Cannot Defeat Boko Haram Alone – EU Tells Buhari by AroleOduduwa2: 5:48am On Jan 26, 2020
Buhari doesn't have any plan to end Boko Haram, him and his kinsmen are the beneficiary of boko haram, they make tonnes of money through the fight of boko haram and on the other hand boko haram are spreading jihad
Re: Soldiers Cannot Defeat Boko Haram Alone – EU Tells Buhari by AerialMapper: 5:53am On Jan 26, 2020
Quote of the day

It is IMPOSSIBLE to win a war on terror if both the soldiers fighting the terrorists and the terrorists they are fighting share the same Commander-In-Chief.

- Charles Ogbu

Think about it. However, zombies cannot think so they’ll disagree ... it’s not their fault, it’s nature

(1) (Reply)

Obaseki, Odubu, Ihonvbere Lose Choice Properties In Edo / FG Reviews Lockdown As COVID-19 Cases Rise By 35 / 35 strongest armies in Africa (2020)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.