Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,737 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Asus ROG Zephyrus S GX701 Review - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Asus ROG Zephyrus S GX701 Review (855 Views)

Asus ROG Zephyrus M.. SOLD / New Asus Zephyrus S Laptop With Amazing Specs, Features And Price / ASUS ROG Zephyrus GX501 900k laptop Specifications. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Asus ROG Zephyrus S GX701 Review by soliuwap(m): 11:30pm On Jan 25, 2020
he Asus ROG Zephyrus S GX701 is, more than everything else, extraordinary. Superficially it’s an ordinary versatile gaming LAPTOP, yet the console and trackpad format are not normal for almost some other scratch pad out there.

Design

With the laptop shut, the Zephyrus looks completely ordinary. It’s worked of brushed dark magnesium with some plastic parts, and looks like an exceptionally thin (21 millimeters) gaming machine. It’s within where things get intriguing. The Zephyrus slides the console to the base left of the machine’s base, and places the touchpad on its right side, impersonating a work area console and mouse setup. This is certifiably not a profitable arrangement, yet it’s advanced for gaming when an outside mouse isn’t accessible. The console backdrop illumination is refined enough that the shade of each key is adjustable, and by and large the framework is huge: a 17.3-inch screen with 1,920 by 1,080-pixel goals and 5.8 pounds in weight. You can also get a best gaming laptop under 800 which also comes with such amazing design.

Highlights

The offbeat console format of the Zephyrus isn’t its solitary fascinating component. It likewise includes the Asus Active Aerodynamics System, an extravagant name for a fold that opens on the rear of the laptop when the screen is open, taking into account better wind current and cooling. The Zephyrus is additionally Pantone-approved, which means its hues have been adjusted and guaranteed to be as exact.

as could be expected under the circumstances (I didn’t see a tremendous contrast contrasted with peers, however). Inside, the Zephyrus has aNvidia Optimus arrangement, a switchable designs framework that enacts the top of the line GPU when fundamental and adheres to the incorporated illustrations in any case. You additionally have the alternative of advising the framework to utilize the devoted GPU constantly, which improves execution however constrains battery life. With regards to charging, the Zephyrus incorporates a standard devoted charger, yet will likewise acknowledge power through one of its USB-C ports, however the stream isn’t as effective there. My preferred element of all is the little parchment wheel over the console, an easy to understand volume control that makes alterations much smoother than managing aFn key.

Specs

The Zephyrus offers top of the line capacities: a 2.6 GHz Core i7-9750H CPU – the main ninth era Core CPU I’ve seen on a laptop — 16 GB of RAM, an entire 1 TB SSD and Nvidia’s most recent GPU, the GeForce RTX 2070, which includes some new innovation the old GTX line didn’t have. With respect to ports, the Zephyrus has two USB-Cs, two full-size USB 3.1 ports and a full-size HDMI yield, a setup more competent than numerous companions.

Performance

On tests including general applications (site page rendering, business profitability applications and advanced media creation work), the Zephyrus earned just normal scores and couldn’t face the Scar II on the LAPTOPMark 10 test. It made some better memories with illustrations benchmarks, yet on Optimus mode couldn’t best the Scar II. Utilizing just the committed GPU (results not appeared here), however, results improved by as much as 50 percent.

Battery

In Optimus illustrations mode, I accomplished five hours and 41 minutes of run time on a full screen video playback test, almost triple the Scar II. With the devoted GPU completely drew in, battery life plunged to not exactly 50% of that (and would be even lower whenever utilized for gaming).

Verdict

The Zephyrus doesn’t come modest. The generally $2,500 sticker price (laptop costs can differ incredibly relying upon arrangement, retailer, season and different components) places it in a class with barely any different LAPTOPs available and a full $1,000 higher than the Scar II. In the event that crude execution is the thing you’re pursuing, you’ll see it for less cash somewhere else. Be that as it may, on the off chance that you truly need a one of a kind encounter, nothing beats the ROG Zephyrus S.
source: https://750gistmedia.com.ng/asus-rog-zephyrus-s-gx701-review/
Re: Asus ROG Zephyrus S GX701 Review by Bayoibee: 3:02am On Feb 08, 2020
Wow this is a nice review, I’ve been so confused if I should get this laptop or not, I’ve seen a uk used for 450k in ikeja, I don’t know if it’s worth it or I should rather get a new dell g3 or g5(2019), acer predator.. pls help me make a good decision, I just need a laptop that’ll be able to handle ps5 level graphics with ease and not overheat so it’ll last for years to come. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

8th Gen Core I5 Laptop For Sale / New To Window 10 Operations. / Us Used Hp Pavillon Core I5 Laptop -- 7th Gen. SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.