Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,502 members, 7,816,193 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Construction Of A 2-bedroom Bungalow With A Penthouse - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of A 2-bedroom Bungalow With A Penthouse (4354 Views)

Construction Of A 4wings 3bedrooms And A Penthouse / 4Sale Newly Built Ensuite 3 Bedroom Bungalow with BQ @11m / Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Construction Of A 2-bedroom Bungalow With A Penthouse by Analyst01(m): 11:54pm On Jan 25, 2020
The project site is located somewhere in Emene, Enugu state. I produced both the architectural and structural drawings for this project and had the electrical and mechanical drawings produced by my colleagues.

The features of the building are,
1. Living room
2. Dining room
3. Visitor’s convenience
4. 2 bedrooms (all en-suite) on the ground floor
5. A kitchen

PENTHOUSE
6. A living room in the penthouse
7. Kitchen
8. Bedroom (en-suite)
9. Balcony

We started with the setting out of the building layout. Went to the timber market to buy the pegs, lines, nails, profiles (2’’ × 2’’ ×12’) etc. I will show a sample of the detailed cost estimate I provided for the client in the next stage.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Construction Of A 2-bedroom Bungalow With A Penthouse by Kpokrikpo: 12:22am On Jan 26, 2020
Nice one, I love your work bro

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A 2-bedroom Bungalow With A Penthouse by Analyst01(m): 12:33am On Jan 26, 2020
Thank you!

Kpokrikpo:
Nice one, I love your work bro
Re: Construction Of A 2-bedroom Bungalow With A Penthouse by Analyst01(m): 12:35am On Jan 26, 2020
We dug the trenches to a depth of 750mm (2'-6'') and about 675mm (2'-3'') width. After we excavated the trenches, we followed suite with column pits.
I designed most of the structural columns in the building to support the suspended floor (penthouse) while the rest was to work with the tie-beams, lintels and roof beams to improve resistance against lateral soil movements.

The soil was fairly sandy and I reckon it has good bearing capacity to support the floor above. I excavated the column pits to the dimensions of 1.0m × 1.0m × 150mm. I have to stress that I get it from the structural design I did for the building and is not a recommendation for what you can use. Consult your structural engineer/builder.

After the excavation works, we took level (pegging) inside the trenches to get a uniform concrete thickness for the strip and the pad footing. This helps for quality control especially with the thickness of the pad footing and also helps reduces waste of concrete.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A 2-bedroom Bungalow With A Penthouse by Analyst01(m): 12:49am On Jan 26, 2020
We used 6" hollow sandcrete blocks for the foundation block walls. The client had the blocks made on site before we started the construction works. It's also my first time of using 6'' hollow blocks to erect a building with a suspended floor.

I have to state here that the block walls are only supporting their own self weight. They weren't considered as structural elements here.

Re: Construction Of A 2-bedroom Bungalow With A Penthouse by Analyst01(m): 1:04am On Jan 26, 2020
FOUNDATION BLCOKWORK & COLUMN SHUTTERING

As I've already mentioned earlier, we used 6'' for the entire substructure. The blockwork got completed in the trenches and followed by shuttering and concrete placement for the columns.

This dude photo bombed my picture twice.

Re: Construction Of A 2-bedroom Bungalow With A Penthouse by Analyst01(m): 1:16am On Jan 26, 2020
I'll continue with the work description and processes some other time.

Here is a sample of the detailed cost estimate i prepared and provided for my client.

Contact me via email on frankitangltd@gmail.com and I will be glad to serve you and provide you with answers.

Re: Construction Of A 2-bedroom Bungalow With A Penthouse by Analyst01(m): 6:13pm On Jan 29, 2020
BACK-FILLING AND EARTHFILLING

We used the excavated earth materials to backfill the trenches and the pits. We leveled the remaining into the room spaces to make up level in the substructure. We did so because the earth materials was of good quality and devoid of clay.

The earth material was watered thoroughly for consolidation before a compactor was used to compact the earth. When not done, the earth will compact on its own over time under the slab-on-grade ('German floor" in the local parlance) and it can collapse if the concrete thickness does not support the weight on it or make a hollow sound when hit or stepped on.

The recommended slab-on-grade thickness is 150mm (6'') but I use 80mm to 100mm (3'' to 4'') once I've thoroughly compacted the earth fill. The lighter thickness is also pocket-friendly for the client.

We also introduced reinforcement inside the slab-on-grade (german floor) to act as tie beams (internal beams).

Re: Construction Of A 2-bedroom Bungalow With A Penthouse by Analyst01(m): 6:37pm On Jan 29, 2020
GROUND FLOOR: BLOCKWORK & LINTEL

We started the block wall construction on the ground floor level the next day even before completing the concrete works for the slab-on-grade.

The window sills were all at four courses of blocks except for the kitchen.

I went to the market with the client to purchase the reinforcement and the timber for the lintel and column shuttering. The lintel and the ground floor columns was cast monolithically.

At the timber market, we bought full planks which we sawed into two to get the with of the lintels. This I found to be better than buying the pre-cut ones. The planks are usually not properly seasoned hence warp when exposed.

Re: Construction Of A 2-bedroom Bungalow With A Penthouse by Analyst01(m): 12:21pm On May 19, 2020
Progress

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Construction Of A 2-bedroom Bungalow With A Penthouse by Legitz: 10:01pm On Jun 20, 2020
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A 2-bedroom Bungalow With A Penthouse by Sty2020: 11:05pm On Jul 25, 2020
Can you give us a breakdown of the cost spent so far?

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of A 2-bedroom Bungalow With A Penthouse by vanvick247(m): 6:46am On Aug 27, 2020
Nice one. Plz can I get a rough estimate of the total cost of this building.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of A 2-bedroom Bungalow With A Penthouse by Indigbo: 6:56am On Aug 27, 2020
Analyst01:
Progress

Is this half a plot or full plot of land ?

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A 2-bedroom Bungalow With A Penthouse by Analyst01(m): 1:51pm On Sep 06, 2020
vanvick247:
Nice one. Plz can I get a rough estimate of the total cost of this building.

Yes sir,

You can reach me via email frankitangltd@gmail.com
Re: Construction Of A 2-bedroom Bungalow With A Penthouse by Analyst01(m): 1:52pm On Sep 06, 2020
Indigbo:

Is this half a plot or full plot of land ?

The land size is 120 feet by 50f eet
Re: Construction Of A 2-bedroom Bungalow With A Penthouse by mvphenryeto5: 7:15pm On Mar 15, 2021
Nice one kudos

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A 2-bedroom Bungalow With A Penthouse by jaysam28: 12:35pm On Jan 04, 2022
Building a a penthouse currently in Nigeria in 2022 with current prices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=560Dvkximr8

(1) (Reply)

Construction Of Elegant 4 Bedrooms Duplex In Portharcourt / One Acre Of Land Along Oshodi Apapa Express Way Lagos / Developing A Four Bedroom Duplex In The Outskirts Of Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.