Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,681 members, 7,955,521 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:14 AM

Humility Is Key To Rising - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Humility Is Key To Rising (185 Views)

Rising Cost Of Living Worries Parents As Schools Resume / Yemi Osinbajo Shows Humility By Eating Banana With Primary School Kids (VIDEO) / Masari Asks Boarding Students To Vacate Hostels Over Rising Insecurity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Humility Is Key To Rising by vicomonode: 5:06am On Jan 26, 2020
HUMILITY( Part 1)
I always thought I was humble until the Lord began to open my eyes to some amazing revelation on humility. In 1peter 5:5 it says; 'God resisted the proud, and gives grace to the humble' Pride is something the lord abhore just like serving idols. This same attribute made satan(the once anionted, to fall) God has zero tolerance for pride. The life of Saul( king of Isreal)was not different, pride caused his rejection and eventual fall from the throne.Pride is not as much as outward as it is inward. Pride is of the heart. I heard a story of a young man who acted wrongly and was told to stand up as purnishment, while he was standing physically he said; 'I might be standing on the outside but inside me Iam sitting down'. That is pride.
Pride arises; when you exalt yourself above constituted authority's and reject rightful constituted instructions and vehemently disobey instructions because of who you think you are.
Many people always think they are humble until humility is revealed to them. If an usher in a Church instruct you to sit in a particular place irrespective of who you are and you insist you must sit were you like because you think you are somebody and you have no further explanation while you should sit in a different place. You have exhibited pride without knowing. You have refused authority. If the government gives an instruction to you legitimately in your city and you vehemently disobey, you have exhibited pride.
Note; when the Instructions is not right you can stand it back. If it is right before men and wrong before God ( like someone stopping you from attending church knowing God has instructed; we forsake not the assembly of ourselves together, you can stand it down and God will speak for you.)
Phillipians 2: 9 Jesus humbled himself even unto death even the death of the cross( shameful and public death) yet he remained humble.
All his years on earth he exhibited humility because he knew, that was what caused Satan his position.
HUMILITY IS THE KEY TO OUTSTANDING SUCCESS IN LIFE.
I was in a bank to withdraw a small amount of money. I was really interested in quickly doing same and just leaving the bank but the lady behind the counter informed me that my signature on the withdrawal slip was not matching with what she has on her computer and told me to sign again, which I did reluctantly and again I was asked to sign, i did same agian reluctantly. She later said I should bring my BVN( Bank verification number), at this point I was already upset with her and it was showing on my face which she noticed. Finally I gave in and did as she requested and she gave me my money. Imediately I left the banking hall, I heard the holyspirit say; 'what you just exhibited was pride' I was astonished; 'you have refused constituted banking rules which she did not make herself' . To me she was delaying my time but the truth was, she was following constituted banking rules. That I did not react audibly was never an indication of my humility. In fact when I entered the banking hall I greeted everyone humbly only to display pride in my heart. I have exalted my self above the banking rules.I almost wanted to tell her to stop and quickly head to another branch which was close by, but I noticed I refrained, probably because I have received a debit alert already, thank God! I did not go further. This, in no way means if you are delayed by a mismatch signature you must wait, you can humbly tell the banker you have other things to attend to and will not be willing to wait. thus you go without your money.
Guess what, when these things were revealed to me, i immediately went back to the bank and apologize to her in less than two hours.
That is what made David to be a man after God's own heart. He knew when to ask for forgiveness and apologized, when he has gone against God's command. Saul was not that way he was interested in his ego( what will people say) he wanted public acclamation even when he has done wrong in the sight of God. The Bible says the house of Saul went down (weaker and weaker )while the house of David went up( stronger and stronger) that is the result of pride and humility.
With humility you are graced and can achieve so much within a short period of time. I remember, when I was involved in a group work, I was the 11th in the group activities out of 12 of us. But I displayed humility to the best of my knowledge and ability and within a space of less than two years I was number 2, only second to the group leader. Amazing!! How humility can move you so high within a short period of time.
Jesus new that pride is what brought Satan down and he made up his mind to be humble even when he new he was going to die a shameful death and had enough power to stop it, but yet he humbled himself.What Jesus did in his earthly ministry in 3 years No man has accomplished in 50years yet Jesus said greater works than these you will do and all the power he operated with, has been given to us. The Bible said if what he did while on earth was to be written, the whole earth will not contain the books.
That means every step he took was a demonstration of the supernatural.
If you will humble yourself today there is no telling how far you can go.THE SECRET TO RISING IS HUMILITY.
If you fall into pride and you notice, imediately as for forgiveness and apologize.
You should be quick to say "Am sorry" when you have disobeyed. It pays to obey. Obedience the Bible says is graeter than sacrifice ( irrespective of the size or quantity)
Never exalt yourself above constituted instructions/ authority.
This message is not for Christian's only despite that I have used biblical examples. The word of God is universal; It's for anybody. Only the blessings are reserved for God's children. As the earth remains seed time and harvest will not sieze. No matter who you are on the earth or what you believe, what ever you sow you will definitely reap. God's word is supreme and the greatest authority on earth and beyond.
CHOOSE TO BE HUMBLE TODAY!

(1) (Reply)

6 Proven Ways On How You Can Study Better For Your CITN Exam / Need Information About Nigeria Open University / Work-study-travel MBA Scholarship At Netherlands Business School 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.