Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,896 members, 7,838,211 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Why I Rejected Marriage Proposal - Actress Calista Okoronkwo Opens Up - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why I Rejected Marriage Proposal - Actress Calista Okoronkwo Opens Up (561 Views)

“older Men Are Sweater” – Nollywood Actress Calista Okoronkwo / Happy Birthday To Nollywood Actress Calista Okoronkwo's / Stanley Okoronkwo Diagnosed With Heart Disease, Needs N10M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Rejected Marriage Proposal - Actress Calista Okoronkwo Opens Up by Starspatnaija: 7:10pm On Jan 26, 2020
Nollywood actress, Calista Okoronkwo has opened up on the reason why she has been rejecting marriage proposals.

According to her, a lot of marriage proposals comes her way but had to say no to them because she can never be anyone’s second wife, regardless of the monetary gain.

Speaking in an exclusive interview with the Sun, the Imo State-born actress, who has featured in many movies including Celebrity Marriage, Clinic Matters, Career Woman, College Girls have this to say.....

Tell us what you like about the character you played in your most challenging movie.

I totally enjoy taking long lines with big medical terms while filming the TV series. It was not just filming a series with Clinic Matters ; it was also a learning process for me. Nurse Titi as a character in the series is a lady who stands her ground. She doesn’t like to be bullied at all and she has a mind of her own. That’s a whole reflection of who I am in reality, and that’s why it wasn’t so difficult being Nurse Titi as soon as I understood the character and got comfortable with it.

Have you ever been heartbroken?

In recent times, I have had my own fair share of betrayal from some people who have cut my friendship, and some people I hold dear and I am not going to let that happen to me again. Right now, I am guarding my heart jealously; I am guarding that friendship zone jealously. I do not keep lots of friends. I want to have my own family someday. I would like to build my own family someday. I would like to describe myself as someone who is passion-driven as well. That’s who I am, that’s what I represent. And lest I forget, I am a very cheerful person. The first thing you notice about me is my smile, even during my worst time. That’s why people don’t know when I am going through this or that. I always wear a smile and my smile is infectious. The girl with the infectious laughter, people like to say that about me.

Is marriage far or near for you?

Marriage is not far at all. Marriage is near. That’s all I can say for now.

Have you said no to a marriage proposal before?

Yes, I said ‘no’ to someone who wanted me to be second wife. I said no to him; there are people like that. I have said ‘no’ to a marriage proposal that I looked at and thought won’t make me happy in the long run, because at the end of the day, it’s not about your partner having everything materially, other things are necessary. Yes, I have said ‘no’ to a marriage proposal before.

To read her full interview, please click here;

https://starspatnaija..com/2020/01/why-i-rejected-marriage-proposal.html?m=1

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

I Am 53 Percent A Nigerian. — Rapper, Lil Wayne Reveals | Watch Video / E-money doles out car gift to his staff on his birthday (pictures) / ‘finally Done!’ Wizkid Says His Album, ‘made In Lagos’ Is Done

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.