Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,586 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Osinbajo: How We Drafted APC Manifesto In 2014 Focusing On Social Investments - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: How We Drafted APC Manifesto In 2014 Focusing On Social Investments (10299 Views)

Pictures From The Launch Of APC Manifesto "Renewed Hope 2023" / Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate / APC Manifesto: Questions Over Buhari’s Key Campaign Promises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo: How We Drafted APC Manifesto In 2014 Focusing On Social Investments by bigiyaro(m): 5:23pm On Jan 27, 2020
APC and cluelessness 5n6.
Re: Osinbajo: How We Drafted APC Manifesto In 2014 Focusing On Social Investments by ojuu4u(m): 5:24pm On Jan 27, 2020
Those that are enjoying apc now were no where to found then

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: How We Drafted APC Manifesto In 2014 Focusing On Social Investments by jaxxy(m): 5:28pm On Jan 27, 2020
The problem with Osibanjo isn’t that he isn’t a competent or honest person bt that he works for very dishonest people or people in variance to his ideology and concepts so his wud be good work/intentions and speeches always seems ridiculous, naive or at best hypocritical. It’s quite sad

If osibanjo ran the government himself under no cabal or Godfather this country wud be greater by now.

U can not speak on behalf of hypocrites or liars and sound genuine.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: How We Drafted APC Manifesto In 2014 Focusing On Social Investments by Lonelypacifist6: 5:36pm On Jan 27, 2020
Or Rather copy and pasted Donald trump's Manifesto.
Re: Osinbajo: How We Drafted APC Manifesto In 2014 Focusing On Social Investments by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 27, 2020
Manifesto of Lies!!!!!
Re: Osinbajo: How We Drafted APC Manifesto In 2014 Focusing On Social Investments by AerialMapper: 5:42pm On Jan 27, 2020
Rubbish
Re: Osinbajo: How We Drafted APC Manifesto In 2014 Focusing On Social Investments by Arubajagz: 5:50pm On Jan 27, 2020
CSTR2:

Really?
10,000 naira trader moni is what you call social investment.

And not only that, you called it a success.

Who you epp?
Re: Osinbajo: How We Drafted APC Manifesto In 2014 Focusing On Social Investments by CSTR2: 5:50pm On Jan 27, 2020
Arubajagz:

Who you epp?
I am not your elected leader.
Re: Osinbajo: How We Drafted APC Manifesto In 2014 Focusing On Social Investments by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 27, 2020
I really need to invest o
Re: Osinbajo: How We Drafted APC Manifesto In 2014 Focusing On Social Investments by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 27, 2020
peterangelo:
I really need to invest o

I need money
Re: Osinbajo: How We Drafted APC Manifesto In 2014 Focusing On Social Investments by captianfreeman(m): 5:56pm On Jan 27, 2020
Nonsense. APC get manifesto?

Anyway, change promised, change delivered. grin

Re: Osinbajo: How We Drafted APC Manifesto In 2014 Focusing On Social Investments by ifymadu: 6:05pm On Jan 27, 2020
murecool:
Adds: Social safety nets not acts of sovereign kindness but sovereign obligation

Convinced that government owed a duty to the poor, the weak, the vulnerable and those who cannot work, the APC in 2014 included in its manifesto a social safety initiative to specifically address poverty amongst other things, according to Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN.

Prof. Osinbajo stated this in his remark at the 5th edition of the Airtel Touching Lives event held in Lagos at the weekend.

According to the Vice President, “listening to each story of a life touched this evening must remind us of the many others who need our help, our comfort and our kindness. The poor and vulnerable always need a voice. 

“In 2014, Mr Wale Edun, Prof. Pat Utomi and I met at Pat’s home to write portions of the manifesto of the APC. 

“We all agreed that a fundamental pillar of our party’s plans must be to create a social safety net for the people. We were convinced that government owed a duty to the poor, the weak, the vulnerable and those who cannot work. 

Continuing Prof. Osinbajo stated that “social safety nets are not merely acts of sovereign kindness; they are a sovereign obligation - a responsibility.” 

Making reference to the Social Investment Programmes of the Federal Government, the Vice President said the effort of Airtel was commendable especially in complementing the work already done by government in tackling poverty.

He said “today, the social safety net scheme is the fore of our Social Investment Programmes where we are feeding about 9.5 million children in public schools in 34 states across Nigeria; we are giving monthly cash to about nearly a million households as part of our conditional cash transfer scheme; we have given, as at the last count, 2.2 million loans to petty traders whose inventories are no more than N5, 000.

“We have also engaged about 500, 000 young men and women, who have been unemployed (over different periods of time) under our N-Power programme. But we are still very far from touching majority of those who need help.

“It is clear that to do so, we need far more resources behind that programme. This is why the work of social conscious companies like Airtel is so vital. Bridging the huge gap between what government can do and what is left to be done.”

Laolu Akande

Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media & Publicity
Office of the Vice President

27th January, 2020

Useless pastor, very fraudulent bunch
Re: Osinbajo: How We Drafted APC Manifesto In 2014 Focusing On Social Investments by SoNature(m): 6:11pm On Jan 27, 2020
Pettychioma1:

APC has really done well for this Nation
All thanks to the President and his Vice.

Am I sure of what I just read?

Is it the same Nigeria I live in or another one?

You people must be directly connected to this government
Re: Osinbajo: How We Drafted APC Manifesto In 2014 Focusing On Social Investments by matyns: 6:14pm On Jan 27, 2020
Do you bet Football?

Visit:- https://winnersbetclub..com/
For 100% accurate football bet picks, with ZERO tolerance to lose...

You can also search for
"winnersbetclub."
Search/join to enjoy!!!
Re: Osinbajo: How We Drafted APC Manifesto In 2014 Focusing On Social Investments by azpekuliar: 6:19pm On Jan 27, 2020
May I remind you sir that your manifesto was anchored on “Restructuring” and it is yet to see the light of day under your administration. You have only engaged in double speaking publicly about restructuring.
Re: Osinbajo: How We Drafted APC Manifesto In 2014 Focusing On Social Investments by Hedonisst: 6:21pm On Jan 27, 2020
murecool:

I’m certain there are beneficiaries of the Social Investment Programmes in your immediate You family. That’s a testimony

Will you shut up. You don't know how nauseating you zombies are.
Re: Osinbajo: How We Drafted APC Manifesto In 2014 Focusing On Social Investments by crackhouse(m): 6:50pm On Jan 27, 2020
How you drafted Apc manifesto in 2014 focusing on how to deceive Nigerians.
Re: Osinbajo: How We Drafted APC Manifesto In 2014 Focusing On Social Investments by NEROSKY(m): 6:50pm On Jan 27, 2020
Abegnovex123:

You know they delivered. The truth dey trouble you

Delivered what exactly? POVERTY?! is your brain paining you?
Re: Osinbajo: How We Drafted APC Manifesto In 2014 Focusing On Social Investments by toplinetrtrend: 6:52pm On Jan 27, 2020
murecool:

I’m certain there are beneficiaries of the Social Investment Programmes in your immediate You family. That’s a testimony

And I'm sure you are a beneficiary of the Boko Haram defeat and 24/7 electricity, aren't you?
Re: Osinbajo: How We Drafted APC Manifesto In 2014 Focusing On Social Investments by toplinetrtrend: 6:55pm On Jan 27, 2020
Abegnovex123:

You know they delivered. The truth dey trouble you

Delivered? I challenge you to mention just an evidence of the delivery you are talking about to prove that you are not some senseless, politically blind idiot.
Re: Osinbajo: How We Drafted APC Manifesto In 2014 Focusing On Social Investments by toplinetrtrend: 6:56pm On Jan 27, 2020
Wada3:
May God continue to bless you people for that good initiative. No doubt, the social investment programme happen to be one of the best decisions taken in recent times in Nigeria

May God turn your life and destiny to what nigeria has become under buhari. Amen

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: How We Drafted APC Manifesto In 2014 Focusing On Social Investments by toplinetrtrend: 6:57pm On Jan 27, 2020
Jollylolly:
Social investment under the VP was a success therefore, the minister handling it should continue with the legacy laid down by the VP

May your life and destiny reflect everything Nigeria reflects under buhari. Amen
Re: Osinbajo: How We Drafted APC Manifesto In 2014 Focusing On Social Investments by toplinetrtrend: 6:59pm On Jan 27, 2020
Pettychioma1:

APC has really done well for this Nation
All thanks to the President and his Vice.

May God turn your life and those of your family members to what buhari has turned Nigeria into. Say amen
Re: Osinbajo: How We Drafted APC Manifesto In 2014 Focusing On Social Investments by bakescos01: 7:03pm On Jan 27, 2020
Abegnovex123:

Laudable... A people-centric manifesto.

And poverty rate keeps on the increase. Sad.
Re: Osinbajo: How We Drafted APC Manifesto In 2014 Focusing On Social Investments by bakescos01: 7:09pm On Jan 27, 2020
jaxxy:
The problem with Osibanjo isn’t that he isn’t a competent or honest person bt that he works for very dishonest people or people in variance to his ideology and concepts so his wud be good work/intentions and speeches always seems ridiculous, naive or at best hypocritical. It’s quite sad

If osibanjo ran the government himself under no cabal or Godfather this country wud be greater by now.

He should have pulled out when he realize those that he is working with and working for don’t mean the best for average Nigerians. He is already assumed to be part of them, he saw the injustice done in the court to Sowore and said nothing. The killing of herdsmen and bokoharam yet he kept his mouth shut like he is not concerned. What about the Amotekun issue he kept quiet , even the killing of the CAN in Adamawa he had to wait for Buhari to comment before saying anything about it. He already got his hands dirty.
Re: Osinbajo: How We Drafted APC Manifesto In 2014 Focusing On Social Investments by TroubleMaker47(m): 7:16pm On Jan 27, 2020
ojokolax:
When I inform people that Prof Osinbajo is the most people-centric leader we have had in a long while and maybe not Since Awolowo, some persons doubt my statement. Here now we have proof that the very DNA of the APC was the social welfare of the masses. It is clearer now why the VP was very passionate about the NSIP's.
What happened to Trader moni?
Re: Osinbajo: How We Drafted APC Manifesto In 2014 Focusing On Social Investments by jaxxy(m): 7:35pm On Jan 27, 2020
bakescos01:

He should have pulled out when he realize those that he is working with and working for don’t mean the best for average Nigerians. He is already assumed to be part of them, he saw the injustice done in the court to Sowore and said nothing. The killing of herdsmen and bokoharam yet he kept his mouth shut like he is not concerned. What about the Amotekun issue he kept quiet , even the killing of the CAN in Adamawa he had to wait for Buhari to comment before saying anything about it. He already got his hands dirty.

The Truth is no government is perfect bt I think his situation has gotten out of hand. Vp’s anywhere in the world don’t go contrary to the president and most times are reserved, even sambo was reserved under Jonathan and Jonathan was super reserved under yaradua so Osinbajo can not be Called out singly.

Also no vp not even atiku in the heat of issues with obasanjo has resigned their position in our history. I just think Osinbajo shud manage the situation better.
Re: Osinbajo: How We Drafted APC Manifesto In 2014 Focusing On Social Investments by CSTR2: 7:51pm On Jan 27, 2020
jaxxy:

His best ever idea is trader moni.
In over five years. angry

On what account do you believe that osibanjo will do better than buhari apart from sounding like an orator?

Or you think buhari will reject a good idea?

They are both mediocres.
Re: Osinbajo: How We Drafted APC Manifesto In 2014 Focusing On Social Investments by Benwallt(m): 8:40pm On Jan 27, 2020
Better go back and draft another one with human face and sincerity because this one is from the pit of hell, calliberated and modified with lies firewall.
Re: Osinbajo: How We Drafted APC Manifesto In 2014 Focusing On Social Investments by bakescos01: 8:52pm On Jan 27, 2020
jaxxy:

The Truth is no government is perfect bt I think his situation has gotten out of hand. Vp’s anywhere in the world don’t go contrary to the president and most times are reserved, even sambo was reserved under Jonathan and Jonathan was super reserved under yaradua so Osinbajo can not be Called out singly.

Also no vp not even atiku in the heat of issues with obasanjo has resigned their position in our history. I just think Osinbajo shud manage the situation better.

You are right , he should have managed the situation a lot better. I had so much respect for him but at a time you have to say something even if it hurts some people. You are right no VP ever resigns in Nigeria, but if we want to achieve something different then we need to start doing something new. If we continue doing the same thing over and over again we will continue getting the same result. It's about time we put our selfish interest aside and put other people's interest in our hearts too.

If Osibanjo stood for the right course and say if we don't do things the right way then accept my resignation, am sure he will be more celebrated than Jonathan in this country and beyond and the possibility of him winning election in another political party like PDP is high cos he will be the first-ever Nigerian that stood for people's interest instead of his personal greed.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: How We Drafted APC Manifesto In 2014 Focusing On Social Investments by byinks(f): 9:41pm On Jan 27, 2020
grin grin cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Rules Out Electricity Tariff Hike For Now / Budget: N16bn Padded In Fashola’s Ministry – Senators / South Must Push For Referendum Before 2019 - Annkio Briggs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.