Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,376 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

Whatsapp Will No Longer Work On These Devices From February 1, 2020 - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Will No Longer Work On These Devices From February 1, 2020 (99307 Views)

Whatsapp Will Now Let You Add Up To 512 People To A Group (Photo) / Whatsapp To Stop Working On Selected Devices From 2021 - See List / Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatsapp Will No Longer Work On These Devices From February 1, 2020 by Sirdiq21: 8:13am On Jan 28, 2020
what of Android 5
Re: Whatsapp Will No Longer Work On These Devices From February 1, 2020 by Nobody: 8:19am On Jan 28, 2020
bigstan11787:

That's true.. But I wander the kina girls you give 1500 to climb her.. Unkept babes
u do not have a spend a dime to Bleep ladies these days

3 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Will No Longer Work On These Devices From February 1, 2020 by TroubleMaker47(m): 8:20am On Jan 28, 2020
Zuckerberg retiring phones back2back! cheesy
With this iphone 4 wouldn't even sell for 10k!
Re: Whatsapp Will No Longer Work On These Devices From February 1, 2020 by Gistme12: 8:22am On Jan 28, 2020
beejayvince:
WhatsApp recently bade farewell to Windows Phone. The giant chatting app is now ready to do the same with some Android and iOS devices. This is not surprising as there have been talks about it for quite a while.

Starting from February 1, 2020, WhatsApp will no longer work on phones running Android 2.3.7 or iOS 7 (and earlier). So, if you are using an Android phone running that Android version or earlier, then WhatsApp will stop working on your phone from next Saturday. The same applies if you are using an iPhone 4 or an earlier model.

When WhatsApp pulled the plug on Windows Phone, the app no longer started. In fact, it was impossible to access the chat history. So, you may want to save a backup of your chats before Saturday if your phone is running any of the old Operating Systems. That way, you will have your important conversations intact upon switching to a more updated phone.

https://www.smartphonecamp.com/whatsapp-will-no-longer-work-on-these-devices-from-february-1-2020/
Pls, how do I know my phone's O/S.
Re: Whatsapp Will No Longer Work On These Devices From February 1, 2020 by Nobody: 8:23am On Jan 28, 2020
Hmmmm......thats how they said my computer was going to crash by the year 2000 and it never did. I still dey use it till date.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Will No Longer Work On These Devices From February 1, 2020 by woleabayo(f): 8:33am On Jan 28, 2020
ok oooooooooooooooo
Re: Whatsapp Will No Longer Work On These Devices From February 1, 2020 by Mrtaye: 8:36am On Jan 28, 2020
richPHAROAH:
it is only in nigeria that people equate using big phone to blessing and using small fone to poverty. i own a company that employs at least 300 people presently. i use an oppo that i bought when i went for a conference in 2014. the fone still works fine and shit. i am more comfortable with my nokia torch because i can easily use it to calclate money and make calls easily and it dosnt take much spacce. i see my employees that earn less than 60k using latest iphones and i see it as clear stupidity. an average person uses phone for pics, messaging and answering calls. i am sure about 90% of phone users use it for that purpose. why go for an expensive fone at the expense of your pocket. this useless nigerian mentality is the major thing that is making nigeria not to go forward. your comment is the most useless and stupid comment i have read in a while. dont even bother replying because i wont even bother to check my mentions
You are on point sir,a lot of Nigerians are materially stupid and are suffering from showoff syndrome
Re: Whatsapp Will No Longer Work On These Devices From February 1, 2020 by proclinician: 8:38am On Jan 28, 2020
Topxcel:
Indeed I believe the saying technology can never be perfect, if not it will be termed 'God'

Technology is a means whereby man achieve transcendence and become God. The original Adamic nature will be restored by technology.
Re: Whatsapp Will No Longer Work On These Devices From February 1, 2020 by Stanzingerzy(m): 8:39am On Jan 28, 2020
Operation Amotekun can handle Buhari for this.
Re: Whatsapp Will No Longer Work On These Devices From February 1, 2020 by beejaay: 8:40am On Jan 28, 2020
Topxcel:
Indeed I believe the saying technology can never be perfect, if not it will be termed 'God'

Is God perfect?? If anything he is most imperfect ever... Just look around you and u will evidence abounds
Re: Whatsapp Will No Longer Work On These Devices From February 1, 2020 by Mrtaye: 8:44am On Jan 28, 2020
solmusdesigns:

Only a dunce and a useless fool thinks Andriod 2.0 is productive enough to support a modern man if not for poverty, intense poverty.. nobody is arguing about big phone or small.. we are talking about the opreating system that cant support most apps needed by a rational productive human beign who uses the internet

i can bet it you talking trash cant even employ a dog yet you fool yourself on how you employ 300 people and use a desk phone or ride a camel ..
Guy go and sit down, even majority of those that use iPhone don't maximize it what they do is Snapchat,take selfies and other mundane rubbish

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Will No Longer Work On These Devices From February 1, 2020 by ugodson(m): 8:53am On Jan 28, 2020
Odunolumide:
me I no kukuma get phone so no worries

U no get phone but u still sign in nairaland and post ur comment, u borrow the phone sign in grin

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Will No Longer Work On These Devices From February 1, 2020 by donprinyo(m): 8:55am On Jan 28, 2020
By force upgrade or else
Re: Whatsapp Will No Longer Work On These Devices From February 1, 2020 by sylve11: 9:00am On Jan 28, 2020
mosho2good:
#Freaky_Me
Wetin Asoebi go Cause for Nigeria ehn...
Which one is Danfo Yellow with a touch of Menstruation Red?

grin grin cool
Re: Whatsapp Will No Longer Work On These Devices From February 1, 2020 by Nature8(m): 9:06am On Jan 28, 2020
beejayvince:
WhatsApp recently bade farewell to Windows Phone. The giant chatting app is now ready to do the same with some Android and iOS devices. This is not surprising as there have been talks about it for quite a while.

Starting from February 1, 2020, WhatsApp will no longer work on phones running Android 2.3.7 or iOS 7 (and earlier). So, if you are using an Android phone running that Android version or earlier, then WhatsApp will stop working on your phone from next Saturday. The same applies if you are using an iPhone 4 or an earlier model.

When WhatsApp pulled the plug on Windows Phone, the app no longer started. In fact, it was impossible to access the chat history. So, you may want to save a backup of your chats before Saturday if your phone is running any of the old Operating Systems. That way, you will have your important conversations intact upon switching to a more updated phone.

https://www.smartphonecamp.com/whatsapp-will-no-longer-work-on-these-devices-from-february-1-2020/
Re: Whatsapp Will No Longer Work On These Devices From February 1, 2020 by MrDoGood(m): 9:13am On Jan 28, 2020
careytommy37:

At least they exchanged it for an iPhone, a good long term investment if you ask me.
What will you say about those who lost theirs for indomie and egg.

Oh my God!!!!! cry cry cry cry
Re: Whatsapp Will No Longer Work On These Devices From February 1, 2020 by OgaJonah(m): 9:14am On Jan 28, 2020
Davash222:
iPhone 4 still dey

Many girls lose their virginity cos of this phone then. Irony of life!
����
Re: Whatsapp Will No Longer Work On These Devices From February 1, 2020 by Ghenisean(m): 9:30am On Jan 28, 2020
Thank God say I no dey too WhatsApp ooooo,I use my mb on YouTube,or download full latest action movies and real Hip Hop,both South African and American,then use it in WhatsApp to chat or view some bleeped up status,my Facebook self na freemode on a stead.

Re: Whatsapp Will No Longer Work On These Devices From February 1, 2020 by Hugo7(m): 9:32am On Jan 28, 2020
sochey:
Does it apply to tecno w4 Please I wan know...
No it does not...W4 is Android version 7 or 8.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Will No Longer Work On These Devices From February 1, 2020 by Hugo7(m): 9:37am On Jan 28, 2020
Technology is Evolution if you don't evolve how will you move forward?..... The cycle goes on and on
Re: Whatsapp Will No Longer Work On These Devices From February 1, 2020 by mrkings84(m): 9:42am On Jan 28, 2020
What kind of Android will be running on 2.3.7 version?
Also talking about iPhone 4 is like talking about 2go.....
Re: Whatsapp Will No Longer Work On These Devices From February 1, 2020 by Tonymegabush1(m): 9:50am On Jan 28, 2020
Telegram to me seems more matured, just they telegram should add video call features and they are ready 2 go
Re: Whatsapp Will No Longer Work On These Devices From February 1, 2020 by Nobody: 9:59am On Jan 28, 2020
Davash222:
iPhone 4 still dey

Re: Whatsapp Will No Longer Work On These Devices From February 1, 2020 by sexiestharam(f): 10:07am On Jan 28, 2020
Davash222:

It does my dear, but not Nigerian pussies sha.
Good for you. what a success story!
Re: Whatsapp Will No Longer Work On These Devices From February 1, 2020 by Davash222(m): 10:08am On Jan 28, 2020
sexiestharam:

Good for you. what a success story!
Thanks beloved... I appreciate
Re: Whatsapp Will No Longer Work On These Devices From February 1, 2020 by kharyhordhe(m): 10:19am On Jan 28, 2020
beejayvince:

check my siggy no stories
Re: Whatsapp Will No Longer Work On These Devices From February 1, 2020 by ruffDiamond: 10:27am On Jan 28, 2020
Davash222:
iPhone 4 still dey

lolss,guy na so,dumb lot,I know a sister who got impregnated CD (video CD) came out back cos she's fond of going into guymqn room to watch Nollyshit ,I mean Nollywood!guyman took advantage of the mumu and steadily pump her FULL!chai!same way they are having endless abortion over some roadside mechanic driving (testing)his customers car about or maybe some illiterate driver bringing Oga car to joint during his break time!u see them falling head over heels all cos of one useless contraption on 4 wheels hehehe ..if na u nko?abeg chop clean mouth jare

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MTN Latest Codes For Data And Calls, 500 Naira for 500MB and lots more / Infinix Hot 4 PRO (X556) Official Discussion Thread (REVIEW) / Gbam 5MB Daily Data Bonus Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.