Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,711 members, 7,820,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing (55616 Views)

Top 10 Reasons Your Phone Battery Dies So Quickly / 6 Signs Of A Bad Phone Battery / Does Charging A Phone With A Laptop Spoil The Phone's Battery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing by don89(m): 9:49pm On Jan 28, 2020
Okay thanks, but I can pay for as many battery as I want ,what matters is my satisfaction. I use my phone anyhow I want .
Re: If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing by micxwell(m): 10:47pm On Jan 28, 2020
Osanoghodua1:
Thanks but some phones and chargers automatically stop charging or taking in more energy once fully 100%. But power bank will keep charging your battery until it destroys it, it has no limitation to stop charging a full battery. Avoid power bank by all means
Lol, you should buy a good powerbank pls. My old powerbank (4yr old) goes off when my phone gets to 100%... Stop spreading false ideas pls undecided

2 Likes

Re: If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jan 28, 2020
Lol.. grin I'm so guilty of all and op guess what, its so impossible to keep all these you'r rules. Both direct tiz, changing up to 100% and overnight.
See now, as I'm still typing they just restored power supply. So going now to do the direct tingy.

Op see you later tongue
Re: If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing by orlayemmy15(m): 9:26am On Jan 29, 2020
Emmanuel226:
Our Mobile Phones have become an Essential part of our everyday life.

Its Numerous advantages which includes easy communication, easy access to the internet and overall benefit to our well-being has made it a Necessary Asset to every human being walking the planet. 

Therefore, it is quite reasonable since it needs a battery to function that it'll have some faults as pertaining the Life Span and Durability of the device.

But sometimes the issue of Poor Durability of batteries is caused by some of our 

Ignorance to some certain things we should and shouldn't do.
Here's a list of SEVEN things You Should Stop Doing if you want Your Phone battery to last long!

1. Turn On Airplane Mode if You're in a Place with Bad Network.

Our Phones Network services Continues to seek for Signals even if we're in a place where there's bad Network. This single function of it drains the battery Percentage little by little without us knowing!

Always endeavour to turn On your Airplane Mode if You're in a Place with Bad Network.

2. Stop Putting Your phone in your jeans Pocket.

Putting your Phone in your pocket Is the easiest way to carry your phone about but sometimes dust and other little debris could get into your phones charging point and that could stop the battery from functioning properly.

While buying a Phone case, try to get one that could cover the charging point.

3. Turn off your data and clear Apps when you're not using them

It's as simple as it is stated!

Always turn off your Mobile Data and Clear apps When you're not using them. They drain your battery silently.

4. Switch Off your Phone once in a While

We make use of our Phones virtually everyday, giving it no time to rest. Once in a while it is good to Just Put it Off for like 15 minutes not when the battery Is low o. But just switching it off and allowing it to rest even with Full percentage.

At least thrice in a week.

5. Don't always keep Your Phone at 100 percent.
Keeping your phone at 100 percent all the time will make the battery weak and Exhausted. 

Imagine as a human your Stomach is always filled with Food, there is no way you'll be able to function properly. Allow it to drain once in a while.

6. Don't Charge Your Phone Overnight.

This is very bad. The batter gets full and since you're sleeping it still continues charging.

This is one of the fastest way to drain the life of your battery

Don't charge your phone overnight.

7. Stop using your Phone while it's charging

Stop using your phone while its charging, You'll have all the time after charging it.

It reduces the life span and at the end kills the battery.

bros, ticket wey go cut go cut.
Re: If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing by Emmachi2810(m): 9:35pm On Jan 29, 2020
No. 8 Got me laughing real hard grin grin grin

See u rushing to check no 8.

Cos there's no 8
Re: If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing by WooodSI: 12:08am On Aug 25, 2020
I always wanted to know how long does last a phone battery, and how to make its life longer. I was surprised, because I was doing a lot of mistakes that were shortening my battery's life. Now, thanks to your article, I know how to keep it safe. Thank you so much for creating this thread, it's very useful! I am sure that my phone battery will last longer thanks to it, and it's really cool!! My phone battery is so bad now that it works only 4-5 hours. At least now I know why it has such a bad performance now, and I won't repeat these mistakes.
Re: If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing by madness007(m): 12:14am On Aug 26, 2020
WooodSI:
I always wanted to know how long does last a phone battery, and how to make its life longer. I was surprised, because I was doing a lot of mistakes that were shortening my battery's life. Now, thanks to your article, I know how to keep it safe. Thank you so much for creating this thread, it's very useful! I am sure that my phone battery will last longer thanks to it, and it's really cool!! My phone battery is so bad now that it works only 4-5 hours. At least now I know why it has such a bad performance now, and I won't repeat these mistakes.
My friend was just looking for this information. Thanks
Re: If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing by SeunDobo(m): 4:14pm On Aug 26, 2020
Katier00:
Noted but can't stop using my phone while charging

I want to sell my phone it's 4 months years itel S15 .. 2 GB ram and 32 Gb rom 22k flat and it's very neat with charger , screen protector and pouch ..if you are interested send me email editmanoflagos2018@gmail.com the camera is good for selfish and with nice camera , you can quickly Google it confirm
Re: If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing by Breastfeed: 8:20am On Aug 27, 2020
nice tips, quite informative
Re: If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing by Breastfeed: 8:22am On Aug 27, 2020
i am glad you have learned your mistakes, but if you want to get your phone fixed anytime, you could always take it to carlcare for a fix
WooodSI:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See The Best Ways To Go Invisible On Whatsapp. / 72-Year-Old Nigerian Woman On Facebook, Whatsapp & Instagram / Lady Wants Who Will Buy Iphone 7 For Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.