Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,014 members, 7,817,987 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

The areas Okada And Keke Where Ban In Lagos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The areas Okada And Keke Where Ban In Lagos (916 Views)

List Of States Where Okada And Keke Are Banned Or Restricted / Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? / Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The areas Okada And Keke Where Ban In Lagos by frndfghtr(m): 11:50pm On Jan 27, 2020
Lagos bans tricycles, motorcycles in 15 local govts

The Lagos State Government has banned the operation of motorcycles (popularly called Okada) and tricycles (popularly known as Keke) across the state.

Gbenga Omotosho, the commissioner for information and strategy, in a statement Monday said the decision was taken after a “robust assessment” between the government and the state security council.

The ban, according to the statement, will be enforced in 15 local governments and local council development areas across the state. They are Apapa LGA and Apapa Iganmu LCDA, Lagos Mainland LGA and Yaba LCDA, Surulere LGA and Itire-Ikate and Coker-Aguda LCDAs, Ikeja LGA and Onigbongbo and Ojodu LCDAs, Eti-Osa LGA and Ikoyi-Obalende and Iru/Victoria Island LCDAs, and Lagos island LGA and Lagos island East LCDA.

The full enforcement will begin on February 1,
“The law is very clear. Motorcycles (Okada) and tricycles (Keke) are banned on all highways, bridges and the listed roads (see below).”

Lagos has one of the worst traffic gridlocks across the world. To avoid spending hours in traffic, commuters often patronise faster – and potentially riskier- alternatives like commercial motorcycles. In recent years, bike-hailing companies such as Gokada, O’Ride, and Max.Ng have sprung up across the city to help residents navigate the incessant traffic snarls.

The government statement did not state specifically if the ban affects the bike-hailing companies. But a spokesperson to the governor clarified to PREMIUM TIMES that they are included in the ban.

“They are not registered with the Lagos government before the ban.”

A spokesperson for O’Ride told PREMIUM TIMES the company would respond to the ban soon.

FULL LIST OF MAJOR ROADS AND BRIDGES AFFECTED BY THE BAN

Major Highways

1. Lagos-Ibadan Expressway

2. Apapa-Oshodi Expressway

3. Oworonshoki-Oshodi Expressway

4. Lagos-Ikorodu Expressway

5. Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway

6. Eti-Osa/Lekki-Epe Expressway

7. Lagos-Badagry Expressway

8. Funsho Williams Avenue

9. Agege Motor Road

10. Eti-Osa Lekki Coastal Road

Bridges

1. Iyana- Ipaja Bridge Agege

2. Dopemu Bridge Agege

3. Airport/Ikeja Bridge

4. Agege Motor road/oshodi Loop, Oshodi

5. Mushin/Isolo Link Bridge

6. Dorman Long Bridge

7. Ojuelegba Bridge

8. National Stadium Flyover

9. Apapa-Iganmu Bridge

10. Apapa-Ijora Link Bridge

11. Liverpool Bridge, Apapa

12. Mile 2 Bridge-Loop, Amuwo-Odofin

13. Okota (cele)/Ijesha Link Bridge

14. Apakun/Apapa-Oshodi Bridge Network

15. Ikorodu Road/Anthony Clover leaf Bridge

16. Trade Fair Flyover Bridge

17. Festac/Amuwo-Odofin Link Bridge

18. 2 Flyover Bridges along Alhaji Masha Road

19. Ojota Clover leaf Bridge

20. Ogudu Bridge

21. 3rd Mainland Bridge

22. Maryland flyover

23. Ikeja General Hospital Flyover Bridge

24. Kodesoh Bridge, Oba Akran, Ikeja

25. Opebi Link Bridge

26. Sheraton-Opebi Bridge

27. Jibowu/Yaba flyover Bridge

28. Carter Bridge, Lagos

29. Bariga-Ifako Bridge

30. Apapa-Oshodi Expressway/Alapere Bridge

31. Bariga/Oworonsoki Bridge

32. Apapa-Oshodi Expressway/Gbagada U-Turn

33. Apapa-Oshodi Expressway

34. 3rd Mainland/Oworonsoki Bridge

35. Eko Bridge

36. Apongbon flyover Bridge

37. Cowry Bridge (Officers Mess)

38. Mcwen Bridge (Bonny Camp)

39. Marina/Ikoyi Bridge

40. Ikoyi/Obalende Bridge
Re: The areas Okada And Keke Where Ban In Lagos by frndfghtr(m): 11:50pm On Jan 27, 2020
Me as okada man, I don't know where to start again, the okada is not mine, I have almost finish it on higher purchase, (instalments) my first okada thief stole it, I collected another one to pay with that one, police seize it and took it to an unknown place, this one managing now to settle all the debt now is beighn banned again, and am almost thruogh, God where are u, show me another way

1 Like

Re: The areas Okada And Keke Where Ban In Lagos by Apus: 12:08am On Jan 28, 2020
Good riddance!
Re: The areas Okada And Keke Where Ban In Lagos by Apus: 12:11am On Jan 28, 2020
frndfghtr:
Me as okada man, I don't know where to start again, the okada is not mine, I have almost finish it on higher purchase, (instalments) my first okada thief stole it, I collected another one to pay with that one, police seize it and took it to an unknown place, this one managing now to settle all the debt now is beighn banned again, and am almost thruogh, God where are u, show me another way

Sorry oga. Take this my small advice... "Move out"

1 Like

Re: The areas Okada And Keke Where Ban In Lagos by Apus: 12:11am On Jan 28, 2020
frndfghtr:

Sorry oga. Take this my small advice... "Move out" to other areas or state if need be.
Re: The areas Okada And Keke Where Ban In Lagos by iHart(m): 1:19am On Jan 28, 2020
frndfghtr:
God is closer than you think.
Re: The areas Okada And Keke Where Ban In Lagos by frndfghtr(m): 7:46am On Jan 28, 2020
iHart:
God is closer than you think.
amen and amen

1 Like

Re: The areas Okada And Keke Where Ban In Lagos by Akpananwu: 7:55am On Jan 28, 2020
Is this not the good sermeeitan okada man, God will see you thorough, how about the wonan
Re: The areas Okada And Keke Where Ban In Lagos by frndfghtr(m): 12:36pm On Jan 28, 2020
Akpananwu:
Is this not the good sermeeitan okada man, God will see you thorough, how about the wonan
she is fine and recovering, how do u recognize me, am about to quit okada, but no job yet
Re: The areas Okada And Keke Where Ban In Lagos by Akin404(m): 3:41pm On Jan 28, 2020
wow this is serious, even Lagos -Ibadan expressway? this is the whole of Lagos State now
how do they expect this people to survive for Christ sake? someone's means of livelihood, government no try at all oh.
Re: The areas Okada And Keke Where Ban In Lagos by princeFAD: 12:35am On Jan 30, 2020
frndfghtr:
she is fine and recovering, how do u recognize me, am about to quit okada, but no job yet

Don’t you know how to drive car? Why can’t you do Uber?
Re: The areas Okada And Keke Where Ban In Lagos by Godson201333(m): 11:28am On Jan 30, 2020
frndfghtr:

God almighty will see you through brother!!
Re: The areas Okada And Keke Where Ban In Lagos by frndfghtr(m): 12:09pm On Jan 30, 2020
princeFAD:

Don’t you know how to drive car? Why can’t you do Uber?
I can drive car perfectly well but don't know any one to give me uber
Re: The areas Okada And Keke Where Ban In Lagos by kunzzy4me(m): 4:49pm On Jan 30, 2020
frndfghtr:
I can drive car perfectly well but don't know any one to give me uber

Ask any Uber guys around they will help you to get car for Uber purpose ..best of luck ....
Re: The areas Okada And Keke Where Ban In Lagos by Akpananwu: 5:09pm On Jan 30, 2020
I have a man that want want to give away his motor for uber matly be I will give u his contact
Re: The areas Okada And Keke Where Ban In Lagos by frndfghtr(m): 6:47pm On Jan 30, 2020
Akpananwu:
I have a man that want want to give away his motor for uber matly be I will give u his contact
I will appreciate if u help me

(1) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Some Ghanaians Got Down From A Bus The Moment The Saw A Chinese Man / Broad Street, Lagos Island In 1971 / Travelling Dilemma- But Still I Move

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.