Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Imo PDP Chair Ezekwem Defects To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo PDP Chair Ezekwem Defects To APC (499 Views)

Ihedioha: More Resignations Continue To Hit Imo PDP / Maduka's Guber Bid Gets Massive Boast, As Ex Anambra PDP Chair Collapses All Po / Plot To Remove Secondus As PDP Chair Thickens, Stakeholders Shop For Replacement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo PDP Chair Ezekwem Defects To APC by shosky1794: 9:19am On Jan 28, 2020
Chairman of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Imo State Charles Ezekwem has defected to All Progressives Congress (APC).

In a letter of January 25, Ezekwem said his decision to abandon PDP followed approval by his supporters and circumstances facing his party.

The letter reads: “In view of the prevailing circumstances within my party, vis-a-vis my present standing as chairman of PDP in Imo State, and after due consultations with my family and with the approval of my supporters, I tender my resignation as chairman and member of the party in my Okigwe ward.

“I thank the people who elected me as their chairman. I sincerely regret the inconveniences the party faced. I thank the party for the support they gave me and the opportunity to serve in that capacity.”

An official of APC described Ezekwem as a big catch.

He said: “We’ve shifted the celebration of Ezekwem’s defection to a later date because of the tragic death of one of us, Ndubuisi Emenike. But I can assure you Governor Hope Uzodinma will officially welcome Ezekwem into the party in a large ceremony.”

He added that a former senator on PDP platform would soon join APC to give credence to the fact the Imo is an APC state.

Ezekwem’s resignation follows the defection of PDP’s Deputy National Auditor Regis Uwakwe to APC following Uzodinma’s victory at the Supreme Court.

Nine Assembly members defected to APC. Four left Action Alliance (AA); two from All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) and three from PDP.

PDP has accepted Ezekwe’s resignation. A statement by Publicity Secretary Damian Oparah reads: “The attention of Peoples Democratic Party in Imo State has been drawn to the resignation of the Chairman, Charles Ezekwem.

“The party accepts the resignation, and notes that this is a trying time for the party and its members. We thank Ezekwem for his selfless services to the party.

“We wish Ezekwem well in his future political endeavours, and assure him that if he needs to return our umbrella will still be big enough to accommodate him.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/imo-pdp-chair-ezekwem-defects-to-apc/amp/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imo PDP Chair Ezekwem Defects To APC by voltron14: 9:24am On Jan 28, 2020
grin

Imo is APC and APC is Imo.

1 Like

Re: Imo PDP Chair Ezekwem Defects To APC by donbachi(m): 9:26am On Jan 28, 2020
Igbo politics....politics of "I can't come and kill my sef".

1 Like

Re: Imo PDP Chair Ezekwem Defects To APC by braveboi4life: 9:29am On Jan 28, 2020
PDP will bounce back in 2023, when they do, they shut the door against this traitors..news making the rounds now is that uche ogbuagu is on his way to APC, uche that got the ticket of PDP against chief Iwuanyanwu candidate riding in the wings of Ihedioha, shame on them
Re: Imo PDP Chair Ezekwem Defects To APC by shosky1794: 9:32am On Jan 28, 2020
Nigeria politicians with no values, principles or ideology. Now Imo is APC
Re: Imo PDP Chair Ezekwem Defects To APC by MizzPhoney(f): 11:58am On Jan 28, 2020
No Longer at Ease
The Center Can no longer hold
Things Fall Apart.
cry cry
Re: Imo PDP Chair Ezekwem Defects To APC by gidgiddy: 12:29pm On Jan 28, 2020
Politics of the Stomach. As soon as the supreme court gave its judgment, they all jumped to APC
Re: Imo PDP Chair Ezekwem Defects To APC by backnbeta(f): 12:32pm On Jan 28, 2020
Stomach infrastructure grin
Re: Imo PDP Chair Ezekwem Defects To APC by yarimo(m): 12:44pm On Jan 28, 2020
And IHEDIOHA is still fooling himself around grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Disbands Yet To Be Inaugurated NDDC Board Confirmed By Senate / In Akwa Ibom, They Don’t Hold Elections But Write Results – Mike Igini / Many Things Are Happening In Presidency Without Buhari’s Knowledge – Jemibewon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.