Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,670 members, 7,827,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria (21450 Views)

Remove Windows OS Password Through The BIOS / Mac OS Or Windows OS: Please Advise Me On Which Is Best For Me / How To Set Up Developer Environment On Windows OS That Work Like LINUX OS. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by silento(m): 11:56am On Jan 30, 2020
LegoxMetahuman:
linux army cool

Full one bro
Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by martowskin1(m): 12:01pm On Jan 30, 2020
solmusdesigns:

yes

Waow, never knew its possible
Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jan 30, 2020
Windows easy to use, suitable for mentally handicapped PC users in naija.

If you think am wrong try Linux. angry
Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by LegitDiva: 12:34pm On Jan 30, 2020
The answer is simple! They were quick to dominate the market
Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by xreal: 12:59pm On Jan 30, 2020
Blackeuropean:

Why pay for Remote desktop when you have
Teamviewer free of charge?

Teamviewer can't handle the number of users Remote desktop can at once.
Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jan 30, 2020
Escalze:
As a developer, I can tell you that Windows is sh*t!

Mac and Ubuntu all the way.
Linux undecided
Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by Bahddo(m): 1:48pm On Jan 30, 2020
It's actually widely used everywhere.

Only Mac had wide usage too mostly because of the brand name (and because it's great for software development). Linux (especially Ubuntu) is only used by a small percentage of software engineers and some other weirdos. The others are just there.
Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by Bahddo(m): 1:51pm On Jan 30, 2020
DaddyMorenike:
Linux is good too.
Linux is for weirdos

1 Like

Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by Bahddo(m): 1:54pm On Jan 30, 2020
Legalcriminal:
It may not be the best but I like that unlike Mac where app looks like you’re using a chinko phone
you dunno what you are saying. Mac has the cleanest UI in any computer OS. The gestures make it easy to use.

Just say Macs are expensive and stop there. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by Amalekki: 2:11pm On Jan 30, 2020
Adewale1603:
Linux is the best Os ever, it's been in existence long before microsoft windows
Linux - 1991
Windows - 1985

Don't confuse Linux with Unix.
Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by captainamiedi1: 2:11pm On Jan 30, 2020
As a developer, windows is suffering. Mac and Linux is babe. Its widely use because its cheap especially London used. Anything aside that, its complete suffering. Windows is built to suffer its users.
Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by Blackeuropean: 2:12pm On Jan 30, 2020
xreal:

Teamviewer can't handle the number of users Remote desktop can at once.

Ok thought it was single user.
Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by Amalekki: 2:18pm On Jan 30, 2020
captainamiedi1:
As a developer, windows is suffering. Mac and Linux is babe. Its widely use because its cheap especially London used. Anything aside that, its complete suffering. Windows is built to suffer its users.
grin grin London-used Linux

1 Like

Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by xpmode(m): 2:58pm On Jan 30, 2020
All the points outlined here, only #1 is valid to some extent. I have been using Ubuntu for up to 2 years no problem, am even playing NFSM on it without issue. With WineHQ 70% of well design Windows App will work on linux.

Device Driver is superb on Ubuntu, all the printers, Internet USB device, all works w/o driver software. With Linux you have have Latest or up-to-date OS with different Desktop Environment that fit your hardware. xfce LXDE, Mate for minimal hardware use. You dare not run Latest version of Windows on 2Gb Ram.

Bahddo:
Linux is for weirdos

it actually Ubuntu for Human Being
Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by Greatihex(m): 3:11pm On Jan 30, 2020
xpmode:
All the points outlined here, only #1 is valid to some extent. I have been using Ubuntu for up to 2 years no problem, am even playing NFSM on it without issue. With WineHQ 70% of well design Windows App will work on linux.

Device Driver is superb on Ubuntu, all the printers, Internet USB device, all works w/o driver software. With Linux you have have Latest or up-to-date OS with different Desktop Environment that fit your hardware. xfce LXDE, Mate for minimal hardware use. You dare not run Latest version of Windows on 2Gb Ram.

Please I have some questions.

I wish to install Linux on my system.

Can I easily purchase the software in a store like I would a Windows software?

What configuration of computer can the latest Linux comfortably run on?
Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 30, 2020
I think it's best for gaming too

1 Like

Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by Bahddo(m): 3:21pm On Jan 30, 2020
xpmode:

Ubuntu is just one of the distributions in the Linux family. They are for weirdos. I was unfortunate to use Ubuntu once.

Thank God for Wine (and PlayonLinux, if I remember correctly). I wouldn't have ever touched Ubuntu with a 10ft pole.

Never going back there mehn.
Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by Thazard(m): 3:43pm On Jan 30, 2020
Toscarel:
Its cheaper and easier to use unlike the selfish and overrated apple mac
Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by Legendguru: 3:44pm On Jan 30, 2020
No choice that’s it
Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by Hostermipo(m): 4:02pm On Jan 30, 2020
Escalze:

as a developer can you kindly tell us why you think Mac is better than Windows?
Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by xpmode(m): 4:03pm On Jan 30, 2020
Greatihex:

Please I have some questions.

I wish to install Linux on my system.

Can I easily purchase the software in a store like I would a Windows software?

What configuration of computer can the latest Linux comfortably run on?

Most recommend at leas 4Gb Ram, 20Gb Disk Space.
Not Available in market, if you get any, it might be old version so It is better to download the Iso Image online and use YUMI to create bootable flash, then install. Most Linux Can boot from USB and you can use see it Working Live before installation.

If you want to try a safer mode, try UNetbootin, to do frugal install on your Windows OS, this option will allow you to test and you are are done, you can uninstall

When you are download, you might be getting option like xfce, mate, cinamon, Gnome, LXDE, KDE, they are Desktop environment, just like windows themes. if your laptop has less than 4gb ram get xfce or mate.

You can start with Linux Mint or Ubuntu itself, these two are the most user friendly basics.
Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by sapientia(m): 4:04pm On Jan 30, 2020
Nigeria?

Elsewhere nko?
Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by sapientia(m): 4:05pm On Jan 30, 2020
Bahddo:
Ubuntu is just one of the distributions in the Linux family. They are for weirdos. I was unfortunate to use Ubuntu once.

Thank God for Wine (and PlayonLinux, if I remember correctly). I wouldn't have ever touched Ubuntu with a 10ft pole.

Never going back there mehn.

So which are you using now and why?
Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by Bahddo(m): 4:51pm On Jan 30, 2020
sapientia:

So which are you using now and why?
Mac OS. Far more secure than Windows and far more user-friendly than Ubuntu.
Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by helixmanager: 7:32pm On Jan 30, 2020
Escalze:

Can you tell me more from a developer perspective ?
Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by ade002: 9:10pm On Jan 30, 2020
Linux is better its free has an open source version and you get free apps easily.
Many have this misconception that its difficult to manage and set up but that's not true.
Let's just say people stick to windows because of its popularity in Nigeria and they are not ready to try other options. Secondly, many PCs in Nigeria are purchased with windows pre-installed legally or illegally

When windows begin to clam down on illegal softwares many will see the light
Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by Alaadin(m): 9:44pm On Jan 30, 2020
OP u see that point 6 it’s is a blatant lie
Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by HallaDaTruth: 12:41am On Jan 31, 2020
Offpoint:

Though I'm the only one who just love windows 7...

I hate ALL the higher version, 10 is my enemy.
Windows 10 is super easy to operate. I love it
Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by DaddyMorenike: 8:34am On Jan 31, 2020
Bahddo:
Linux is for weirdos
that's your perception.
Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by benihonde(m): 9:31am On Jan 31, 2020
Visit our website for more details---www.aufmevic.com
Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by tollyboy5(m): 11:04am On Jan 31, 2020
MZrapper:
How time flies.
Window 7 now looks like a strange OS, I can't even imagine how I survived with it.
alaye windows 7 rocks. i not going to update my os grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Best Data Recovery Software 2016 / 50 Windows 8 Tips AND Tricks You Surely Need To Know By Now / How To Extract Audio File From Video File Using VLC Media Player

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.