Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,448 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Wikileaks Cables: Pfizer Used Dirty Tricks To Avoid Clinical Trial Payout - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wikileaks Cables: Pfizer Used Dirty Tricks To Avoid Clinical Trial Payout (3723 Views)

5 Dirty Tricks Nigerian Women Use To Trap Men Into Marriage / Dirty Tricks Petrol Stations, Attendants Use To Cheat Customers / Dirty Tricks Petrol Stations, Attendants Use To Cheat Customers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wikileaks Cables: Pfizer Used Dirty Tricks To Avoid Clinical Trial Payout by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 09, 2010
The world's biggest pharmaceutical company hired investigators to unearth evidence of corruption against the Nigerian attorney general in order to persuade him to drop legal action over a controversial drug trial involving children with meningitis, according to a leaked US embassy cable.

Pfizer was sued by the Nigerian state and federal authorities, who claimed that children were harmed by a new antibiotic, Trovan, during the trial, which took place in the middle of a meningitis epidemic of unprecedented scale in Kano in the north of Nigeria in 1996.

Last year, the company came to a tentative settlement with the Kano state government which was to cost it $75m.

But the cable suggests that the US drug giant did not want to pay out to settle the two cases – one civil and one criminal – brought by the Nigerian federal government.

The cable reports a meeting between Pfizer's country manager, Enrico Liggeri, and US officials at the Abuja embassy on 9 April 2009. It states: "According to Liggeri, Pfizer had hired investigators to uncover corruption links to federal attorney general Michael Aondoakaa to expose him and put pressure on him to drop the federal cases. He said Pfizer's investigators were passing this information to local media."

The cable, classified confidential by economic counsellor Robert Tansey, continues: "A series of damaging articles detailing Aondoakaa's 'alleged' corruption ties were published in February and March. Liggeri contended that Pfizer had much more damaging information on Aondoakaa and that Aondoakaa's cronies were pressuring him to drop the suit for fear of further negative articles."

The release of the Pfizer cable came as:

• The American ambassador to London denounced the leak of classified US embassy cables from around the world. In tomorrow'sGuardian Louis Susman writes: "This is not whistleblowing. There is nothing laudable about endangering innocent people. There is nothing brave about sabotaging the peaceful relations between nations on which our common security depends."

• It emerged that Julian Assange had been transferred to the segregation unit in Wandsworth prison and had distanced WikiLeaks from cyber attacks on MasterCard, Visa, PayPal and other organisations.

• Other newly released cables revealed that China is losing patience with the failure of the Burmese regime to reform, and disclosed US fears that Europe will cave in to Serbian pressure to partition Kosovo.

While many thousands fell ill during the Kano epidemic, Pfizer's doctors treated 200 children, half with Trovan and half with the best meningitis drug used in the US at the time, ceftriaxone. Five children died on Trovan and six on ceftriaxone, which for the company was a good result. But later it was claimed Pfizer did not have proper consent from parents to use an experimental drug on their children and there were questions over the documentation of the trial. Trovan was licensed for adults in Europe, but later withdrawn because of fears of liver toxicity.

The cable claims that Liggeri said Pfizer, which maintains the trial was well-conducted and any deaths were the direct result of the meningitis itself, was not happy about settling the Kano state cases, "but had come to the conclusion that the $75m figure was reasonable because the suits had been ongoing for many years costing Pfizer more than $15m a year in legal and investigative fees".

In an earlier meeting on 2 April between two Pfizer lawyers, Joe Petrosinelli and Atiba Adams, Liggeri, the US ambassador and the economic section, it had been suggested that Pfizer owed the favourable outcome of the federal cases to former Nigerian head of state Yakubu Gowon.

He had interceded on Pfizer's behalf with the Kano state governor, Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau – who directed that the state's settlement demand should be reduced from $150m to $75m – and with the Nigerian president. "Adams reported that Gowon met with President Yar'Adua and convinced him to drop the two federal high court cases against Pfizer," the cable says.

But five days later Liggeri, without the lawyers present, enlarged on the covert operation against Aondoakaa.

The cable says Liggeri went on to suggest that the lawsuits against Pfizer "were wholly political in nature".

He alleged that Médecins sans Frontières, which was in the same hospital in Kano, "administered Trovan to other children during the 1996 meningitis epidemic and the Nigerian government has taken no action".

MSF – which was the first to raise concerns about the trial – vehemently denies this. Jean-Hervé Bradol, former president of MSF France, said: "We have never worked with this family of antibiotic. We don't use it for meningitis. That is the reason why we were shocked to see this trial in the hospital."

There is no suggestion that the attorney general was swayed by the pressure. However, the dropping of the federal cases provoked suspicion in Nigeria. Last month, the Nigerian newspaper Next ran a story headlined, "Aondoakaa's secret deal with Pfizer".

The terms of the agreement that led to the withdrawal of the $6bn federal suit in October 2009 against Pfizer "remain unknown because of the nature of [the] deal brokered by … Mike Aondoakaa", it said. Pfizer and the Nigerian authorities had signed a confidentiality agreement. "The withdrawal of the case, as well as the terms of settlement, is a highly guarded secret by the parties involved in the negotiation," the article said.

Aondoakaa expressed astonishment at the claims in the US cable when approached by the Guardian. "I'm very surprised to see I became a subject, which is very shocking to me," he said. "I was not aware of Pfizer looking into my past. For them to have done that is a very serious thing. I became a target of a multinational: you are supposed to have sympathy with me … If it is true, maybe I will take legal action."

In a statement to the Guardian, Pfizer said: "The Trovan cases brought by both the federal government of Nigeria and Kano state were resolved in 2009 by mutual agreement. Pfizer negotiated the settlement with the federal government of Nigeria in good faith and its conduct in reaching that agreement was proper. Although Pfizer has not seen any documents from the US embassy in Nigeria regarding the federal government cases, the statements purportedly contained in such documents are completely false.

"As previously disclosed in Pfizer's 10-Q filing in November 2009, per the agreement with the federal government, Nigeria dismissed its civil and criminal actions against the company. Pfizer denied any wrongdoing or liability in connection with the 1996 study. The company agreed to pay the legal fees and expenses incurred by the federal government associated with the Trovan litigation. Pursuant to the settlement, payment was made to the federal government's counsel of record in the case, and there was no payment made to the federal government of Nigeria itself. As is common practice, the agreement was covered by a standard confidentiality clause agreed to by both parties."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/dec/09/wikileaks-cables-pfizer-nigeria
Re: Wikileaks Cables: Pfizer Used Dirty Tricks To Avoid Clinical Trial Payout by violent(m): 11:09pm On Dec 09, 2010
chei! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Wikileaks Cables: Pfizer Used Dirty Tricks To Avoid Clinical Trial Payout by semid4lyfe(m): 11:33pm On Dec 09, 2010
Julian Assange! Julian Assange! Julian Assange!

More please. . .

1 Like

Re: Wikileaks Cables: Pfizer Used Dirty Tricks To Avoid Clinical Trial Payout by semid4lyfe(m): 11:34pm On Dec 09, 2010
Julian Assange! Julian Assange! Julian Assange!

More please. . .
Re: Wikileaks Cables: Pfizer Used Dirty Tricks To Avoid Clinical Trial Payout by Kobojunkie: 12:58am On Dec 10, 2010
While many thousands fell ill during the Kano epidemic, Pfizer's doctors treated 200 children, half with Trovan and half with the best meningitis drug used in the US at the time, ceftriaxone. Five children died on Trovan and six on ceftriaxone, which for the company was a good result. But later it was claimed Pfizer did not have proper consent from parents to use an experimental drug on their children and there were questions over the documentation of the trial. Trovan was licensed for adults in Europe, but later withdrawn because of fears of liver toxicity.

The cable claims that Liggeri said Pfizer, which maintains the trial was well-conducted and any deaths were the direct result of the meningitis itself, was not happy about settling the Kano state cases, "but had come to the conclusion that the $75m figure was reasonable because the suits had been ongoing for many years costing Pfizer more than $15m a year in legal and investigative fees".

In an earlier meeting on 2 April between two Pfizer lawyers, Joe Petrosinelli and Atiba Adams, Liggeri, the US ambassador and the economic section[b], it had been suggested that Pfizer owed the favourable outcome of the federal cases to former Nigerian head of state Yakubu Gowon[/b]
Re: Wikileaks Cables: Pfizer Used Dirty Tricks To Avoid Clinical Trial Payout by Kobojunkie: 12:59am On Dec 10, 2010
He had interceded on Pfizer's behalf with the Kano state governor, Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau – who directed that the state's settlement demand should be reduced from $150m to $75m – and with the Nigerian president. "Adams reported that Gowon met with President Yar'Adua and convinced him to drop the two federal high court cases against Pfizer," the cable says.

But five days later Liggeri, without the lawyers present, enlarged on the covert operation against Aondoakaa.

The cable says Liggeri went on to suggest that the lawsuits against Pfizer "were wholly political in nature".

He alleged that Médecins sans Frontières, which was in the same hospital in Kano, "administered Trovan to other children during the 1996 meningitis epidemic and the Nigerian government has taken no action".

MSF – which was the first to raise concerns about the trial – vehemently denies this. Jean-Hervé Bradol, former president of MSF France, said: "We have never worked with this family of antibiotic. We don't use it for meningitis. That is the reason why we were shocked to see this trial in the hospital."

There is no suggestion that the attorney general was swayed by the pressure. However, the dropping of the federal cases provoked suspicion in Nigeria. Last month, the Nigerian newspaper Next ran a story headlined, "Aondoakaa's secret deal with Pfizer".

The terms of the agreement that led to the withdrawal of the $6bn federal suit in October 2009 against Pfizer "remain unknown because of the nature of [the] deal brokered by … Mike Aondoakaa", it said. Pfizer and the Nigerian authorities had signed a confidentiality agreement. "The withdrawal of the case, as well as the terms of settlement, is a highly guarded secret by the parties involved in the negotiation," the article said.

Aondoakaa expressed astonishment at the claims in the US cable when approached by the Guardian. "I'm very surprised to see I became a subject, which is very shocking to me," he said. "I was not aware of Pfizer looking into my past. For them to have done that is a very serious thing. I became a target of a multinational: you are supposed to have sympathy with me … If it is true, maybe I will take legal action."
Re: Wikileaks Cables: Pfizer Used Dirty Tricks To Avoid Clinical Trial Payout by victorazy(m): 11:42am On Dec 10, 2010
Na wao!! when shall we be free
Re: Wikileaks Cables: Pfizer Used Dirty Tricks To Avoid Clinical Trial Payout by MaiSuya(m): 12:00pm On Dec 10, 2010
The wikileaks revelation shouldn't really come as a surprise to those who had followed the Trovan fiasco.

the trovan case was a very messy one involving some very highly placed Nigerians.

Wonder why the report is silent on the role played by Dr Orhii, who was then the consultant hired by Aon to pursue its case against Pfizer.

SR was to later report that Orhii, then a doctor in texas, was a cousin to Aondoakaa, and had been bribed by the latter to implicate Pfizer in the death of the 5 children, a charge Orhii angrily denied and sued SR for i think it was $25m.

Then out of the blues we had that the case had been withdrawn, Nigerian govt had accepted the paltry sum of $75m as settlement for a high profile case, and then Orhii was 'rewarded' with DG of NAFDAC post.
Re: Wikileaks Cables: Pfizer Used Dirty Tricks To Avoid Clinical Trial Payout by Basildon1(m): 12:01pm On Dec 10, 2010
Nigerians leaders are heartless!
Re: Wikileaks Cables: Pfizer Used Dirty Tricks To Avoid Clinical Trial Payout by SmashingM(f): 1:02pm On Dec 10, 2010
See what corruption has caused!!!
Re: Wikileaks Cables: Pfizer Used Dirty Tricks To Avoid Clinical Trial Payout by MaiSuya(m): 1:39pm On Dec 10, 2010
I tried to get the original story from SR archives, but it appeared to be missing. . .

SR had claimed that AON was the arrowhead behind the then proposed out of court settlement, and that he was asking for about $20millon in bribe b4 the FG would agree to it.

it's th4 not surprising that Pfizer would also choose to play the blackmail game: seeking skeletons from AOND closet--which, given his antecedents, should be too hard to find. . .

why is he now 'forming' surprise?
Re: Wikileaks Cables: Pfizer Used Dirty Tricks To Avoid Clinical Trial Payout by bababuff(m): 2:19pm On Dec 10, 2010
Gowon
Re: Wikileaks Cables: Pfizer Used Dirty Tricks To Avoid Clinical Trial Payout by Kobojunkie: 3:06pm On Dec 10, 2010
Mai Suya:

I tried to get the original story from SR archives, but it appeared to be missing. . .

SR had claimed that AON was the arrowhead behind the then proposed out of court settlement, and that he was asking for about $20millon in bribe b4 the FG would agree to it.

it's th4 not surprising that Pfizer would also choose to play the blackmail game: seeking skeletons from AOND closet--which, given his antecedents, should be too hard to find. . .

why is he now 'forming' surprise?

Seriously, what do you folks gain from TWISTING even that which comes to you written in CLEAR CONCISE LANGUAGE? Most all you have above is fabricated since the original cable which is claimed to be the source of this information DOES NOT contain more than half of what you have above. Why TWIST the truth even when a good source, and possibly the only legit one you will get on this is right in front of your face?
Re: Wikileaks Cables: Pfizer Used Dirty Tricks To Avoid Clinical Trial Payout by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 10, 2010
Aondoakaa is the scape-goat here tongue tongue tongue
Re: Wikileaks Cables: Pfizer Used Dirty Tricks To Avoid Clinical Trial Payout by sweetguy10(m): 4:57pm On Dec 10, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Aondoakaa is the scape-goat here tongue tongue tongue

The man na fool ja re , at least this should Implicate him enough
Re: Wikileaks Cables: Pfizer Used Dirty Tricks To Avoid Clinical Trial Payout by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 10, 2010
sweetguy10:

The man na fool ja re , at least this should Implicate him enough
So who among our politician is not involved in one dirty deal or the other ?
Re: Wikileaks Cables: Pfizer Used Dirty Tricks To Avoid Clinical Trial Payout by MaiSuya(m): 5:14pm On Dec 10, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Seriously, what do you folks gain from TWISTING even that which comes to you written in CLEAR CONCISE LANGUAGE? Most all you have above is fabricated since the original cable which is claimed to be the source of this information DOES NOT contain more than half of what you have above. Why TWIST the truth even when a good source, and possibly the only legit one you will get on this is right in front of your face?

I'm not twisting anything, madam. I was only tryin to highlight the fact that there's more to this case than what a few lines of the cable appears to show. The story seems to portray AON as an innocent victim of of pfizer's scheming. That is [i]anything [/i]but true.

This, for instance. . .

. . .should ring a bell.

I unfortunately don't have time to start diggin thru the archives for more articles on the TROVAN case, sooooo. . .
Re: Wikileaks Cables: Pfizer Used Dirty Tricks To Avoid Clinical Trial Payout by Omenani(m): 5:20pm On Dec 10, 2010
Using Nigerians as human guinea pigs. How deplorable can this situation be?  angry No wonder many Northerners do not want their children vaccinated for Polio. They have been used a human test dummies.
Re: Wikileaks Cables: Pfizer Used Dirty Tricks To Avoid Clinical Trial Payout by Kobojunkie: 5:25pm On Dec 10, 2010
Mai Suya:

I'm not twisting anything, madam. I was only tryin to highlight the fact that there's more to this case than what a few lines of the cable appears to show. The story seems to portray AON as an innocent victim of of pfizer's scheming. That is [i]anything [/i]but true.

This, for instance. . .
. . .should ring a bell.

I unfortunately don't have time to start diggin thru the archives for more articles on the TROVAN case, sooooo. . .

I cannot believe you just did what you did. A cable gives you more information on an issue than even your own government is willing to respect you with, yet you decide it is all good to still create a TWIST on the information rather than accepting what is available to you as is?

Cut the Bull . . . READ THE CABLE with your eyes open.

http://213.251.145.96/cable/2009/04/09ABUJA671.html
Re: Wikileaks Cables: Pfizer Used Dirty Tricks To Avoid Clinical Trial Payout by olaolabiy: 7:40pm On Dec 10, 2010
Gowon will soon organise his 'Nigeria Pray'.

I dey laugh oo.
Re: Wikileaks Cables: Pfizer Used Dirty Tricks To Avoid Clinical Trial Payout by Fynist(m): 7:56pm On Dec 10, 2010
I can hardly bliv all diz bull.Anyways d black book of evil in Nigeria is been revealed page by page.What are we gonna find on the last page?Thats what scares me.And what are we gonna do about it!!!
Re: Wikileaks Cables: Pfizer Used Dirty Tricks To Avoid Clinical Trial Payout by gestapo(f): 8:30pm On Dec 10, 2010
Mai Suya:

This, for instance. . .
. . .should ring a bell.

Exactly, AON is equally guilty too angry
Re: Wikileaks Cables: Pfizer Used Dirty Tricks To Avoid Clinical Trial Payout by Omenani(m): 8:33pm On Dec 10, 2010
Fynist:

I can hardly bliv all diz bull.Anyways d black book of evil in Nigeria is been revealed page by page.What are we gonna find on the last page?Thats what scares me.And what are we gonna do about it!!!

This is the question you should be asking. However, I will given you an answer. People will not do anything concerning these leaks, because many people in Nigeria have no spine. It is a country filled with sycophants.
Re: Wikileaks Cables: Pfizer Used Dirty Tricks To Avoid Clinical Trial Payout by rasputinn(m): 8:44pm On Dec 10, 2010
bababuff:

Gowon
ola olabiy:

Gowon will soon organise his 'Nigeria Pray'.

I dey laugh oo.

Me I no fit laugh cos I dey vex
Re: Wikileaks Cables: Pfizer Used Dirty Tricks To Avoid Clinical Trial Payout by ono(m): 8:54pm On Dec 10, 2010
Omenani:

This is the question you should be asking. However, I will given you an answer. People will not do anything concerning these leaks, because many people in Nigeria have no spine. It is a country filled with sycophants.

Sadly true - A country of sycophants!!!!
Re: Wikileaks Cables: Pfizer Used Dirty Tricks To Avoid Clinical Trial Payout by presido1: 8:58pm On Dec 10, 2010
Wonder? Kobo is taking wikileak serious shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Kobo pls what happened to "Do you have proof" mantra when wiki leaked Clinton directive to US diplomats to get illegally finger print, password and other info from UN diplomats?

I know you will skip it as usual.
Re: Wikileaks Cables: Pfizer Used Dirty Tricks To Avoid Clinical Trial Payout by okeyxyz(m): 10:15pm On Dec 10, 2010
Kobojunkie:

What r these "twists" u talk about?
that he pointed to another version of this story by SR, a third party , investigative news agency, or that he chose to believe them(SR)?, just like you have chosen to believe the cables absolutely?
Re: Wikileaks Cables: Pfizer Used Dirty Tricks To Avoid Clinical Trial Payout by Kobojunkie: 10:18pm On Dec 10, 2010
okeyxyz:

What r these "twists" u talk about?
that he pointed to another version of this story by SR, a third party , investigative news agency, or that he chose to believe them(SR)?, just like you have chosen to believe the cables absolutely?

uum . . .  SR claims it's source is the CABLE itself. So it makes sense that all those who have access to the Cable, which remains the ORIGINAL SOURCE OF THIS NEWS, take their story FROM THE CABLE itself, and not SR's TWIST/OPINION on the original story. I would think that is common sense, or is it not?
Re: Wikileaks Cables: Pfizer Used Dirty Tricks To Avoid Clinical Trial Payout by MaiSuya(m): 10:43pm On Dec 10, 2010
Kobojunkie:

uum . . .  SR claims it's source is the CABLE itself. So it makes sense that all those who have access to the Cable, which remains the ORIGINAL SOURCE OF THIS NEWS, take their story FROM THE CABLE itself, and not SR's TWIST/OPINION on the original story. I would think that is common sense, or is it not?

errr. . .madam i beg to differ. SR never claimed to have obtained the story from the cables. it was the result of their independent investigations. all we have is the claim, by liggeri--who could be lying by the way--that it was pfizer selling these stories to news media

n May of that year Mr Omoyele, who runs the news and opinion website Sahara Reporters, published an article alleging that Nigeria's Attorney General, Michael Aondoakaa, had sought bribes from Pfizer in order to facilitate an out-of-court settlement. It reported claims that Mr Aondoakaa schemed to receive payment of US$10m via his cousin, a Nigerian living in Texas called Paul Orhii, whom he had brought into the case as an expert witness.

"At the time Sahara Reporters was developing a reputation for breaking stories involving high-level corruption in Nigeria, which lies near the bottom of Transparency International's global. . . . .
. . .But there remain underlying concerns. Quoting sources, Mr Omoyele says he was sued by Mr Orhii as part of a deal with the Nigerian authorities under which the latter was appointed to an important government post - Director General of the Nigerian National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control - while the case was still pending.

http://www.saharareporters.com/report/nigeria-case-real-life-thriller-africa-graft-story-ends-new-york-texas

and

The speed with which Orhii was engaged has been described by a foreign news agency as “Nigeria’s quickest hiring in 48 years”. The fact that he had no record in the type of class action instituted against Pfizer also fuelled criticism by Nigerians in and outside the country.
Aondoakaa and Orhii are from Benue State and it was alleged that the AGF brought Orhii into the legal team prosecuting the case against Pfizer to enable him (AGF) corner a portion of the deal, which Pfizer might pay as settlement in the suit.
The Niger

GIMME A BLEEPIN' BREAK!!!!!!!!

that somehow AOND, given his past, was innocent in all this is something I just cannot, and will not buy. . .soory madam
Re: Wikileaks Cables: Pfizer Used Dirty Tricks To Avoid Clinical Trial Payout by Kobojunkie: 10:52pm On Dec 10, 2010
Mai Suya:

errr. . .madam i beg to differ. SR never claimed to have obtained the story from the cables. it was the result of their independent investigations. all we have is the claim, by liggeri--who could be lying by the way--that it was pfizer selling these stories to news media

http://www.saharareporters.com/report/nigeria-case-real-life-thriller-africa-graft-story-ends-new-york-texas
and
GIMME A BLEEPIN' BREAK!!!!!!!!
that somehow AOND, given his past, was innocent in all this is something I just cannot, and will not buy. . .soory madam

This is the guardian's take on the cable

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/dec/09/wikileaks-cables-pfizer-nigeria

This is the SR repost of the Cable

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/wikileaks-us-embassy-cable-details-how-pfizer-blackmailed-nigerias-attorney-general-michae

This is the original link to th Cable

http://213.251.145.96/cable/2009/04/09ABUJA671.html

Since they all claim to reference the ORIGINAL CAble from Wikileak, I suggest we focus on reading the main and then draw our individual conclusions from there. Now, on your claim that these reports seem to paint Aondoakaa as being an innocent party in it all, that I don't see in the original cable at all. I don't see where it says the AG was an innocent party in it all.
Re: Wikileaks Cables: Pfizer Used Dirty Tricks To Avoid Clinical Trial Payout by Mobinga: 6:50am On Dec 11, 2010
I saw this on CNN and BBC yesterday shocked shocked shocked
Re: Wikileaks Cables: Pfizer Used Dirty Tricks To Avoid Clinical Trial Payout by jmaine: 9:38am On Dec 12, 2010
Aha ! so some people are finally acknowledging that SR do twist stories yet  they will be the first to quote it when it supports their views and arguement. . . make i see any of una dey referense SR blindly again  angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Buhari A Hausa Or Fulani Man? / House Of Reps Clear Patricia Etteh In N628m Scandal / Boko Haram Places Death Sentence On Facebook User Over Status Messages!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.