Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Rap Albums On The Billboard Charts - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Albums On The Billboard Charts (813 Views)

D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts / Drop Your 10 Best Rap Albums Of All Time / Rap Albums On The Billboard Charts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rap Albums On The Billboard Charts by kay29000(m): 12:41am On Dec 10, 2010
Black Eye Peas are no longer under Rap category, so they can't be mentioned here, although their new album debuted on the billboard 200 albums chart this week. Kanye West and Nicki Minaj dropped more than 70% from their last week sales of their new album.

Kanye's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy sold 108,000 copies this week, and this brings his total sales in 2 weeks to 605,000 copies. The way his sales dropped, if it continues like this, he would probably not go double platinum, and this is not good looking for someone who sold 957,000 copies first week of his third album (Graduation). I think kanye's deviation from rap is not really doing good with his fans. I have not heard the album, but i like that "runaway" song; just as a cool song, and not as a rap song. I wish him all the best.

Nicki on the other hand also dropped more than 65% from her debut first week sales last week. Her Pink Friday album is at a total of 480,000 after two weeks, and it sold 103,000 this week. At least she didn't drop as much as kanye did.

Tha Thug Show, the new album from Slim Thug sold 14,000 copies in its first week. I think i didn't expect more than that. He has been off the rap scene for almost two years, and gangster rap is no longer a sure format to sell records.

The DeAndre Way, the new album from Soulja Boy sold 13,000 copies this week. And, the new one from Lloyd Banks, The Hunger For More2 sold 12,000 copies this week, bringing the total to 56,000 copies in 2 weeks.

Rick Ross's Teflon Don sold 8,200 copies this week, and the album is at a total of 499,000 copies sold. That is a thousand copies from Gold status. Currency's Pilot Talk2 sold 3,600 copies this week, and the total now stands at 18,000 copies.

Next week, we would see the sales from T.I's NO MERCY and Redman's REDMAN PRESENTS, REGGIE.
Re: Rap Albums On The Billboard Charts by shotster50(m): 3:16am On Dec 10, 2010
Wow at Souljah Boy's numbers. Thought he had a billion followers on twitter??
Re: Rap Albums On The Billboard Charts by Mobinga: 6:26am On Dec 10, 2010
Oh my oh my,  . . . . Kanye is doing badly, like I expected from that crap he calls an album/

And what happened to soulja boy? His thrashy rap ain't selling no more?  They've ruined rap music!

HipHopIsDead.
Re: Rap Albums On The Billboard Charts by shotster50(m): 7:48am On Dec 10, 2010
@ Mobinga, you are clutching at straws here mate. Al the other artistes below Kanye West in chart wish they were doing as bad as Kanye.
Re: Rap Albums On The Billboard Charts by Ignatio(m): 8:16am On Dec 10, 2010
Hiphop ain't doin good anymore since rappers turned singers n fell in love with autotune sad
Re: Rap Albums On The Billboard Charts by Mobinga: 8:43am On Dec 10, 2010
shotster50:

@ Mobinga, you are clutching at straws here mate. Al the other artistes below Kanye West in chart wish they were doing as bad as Kanye.
Probably, that's how rap/hiphop sales now. Very Weak, even the commercial soulja boy ain't doing as expected. . . or maybe its a black thing, perhaps drake went platinum, em did too. .
Re: Rap Albums On The Billboard Charts by kay29000(m): 1:49pm On Dec 10, 2010
Soulja boy never was a big album seller, he sold millions of ringtones, not albums. What ever kanye fans might say, his sales are bad if they are put up against his past albums- explanation, he might have gained some white fans, but he has lost a lot of his core fans.
Re: Rap Albums On The Billboard Charts by eldee(m): 2:42pm On Dec 10, 2010
How can 605,000 in two weeks be 'doing bad'??
It seems y'all are new to this thing . . . Jay-Z who's the arguably the biggest rapper of the past five years sold 700,000 in two weeks.
Kanye has been leaking songs off this album since July and y'all are on sum, he's not doing well ish??
He's still the second biggest this year in a year that had Drake, BOB and Eminem, Rick Ross and Lil Wayne and Nikki Minaj releasing albums.

At the end of the day, this album is prolly the best thing that's had rap verses in it since The Black Album.
And y'all can use the argument of convenience that everyone is kissing his arse but that will be ignoring the fact that he was blackballed by every magazine you know a few months ago.

@Ignatio

Get the order right rappers fell in love with the autotune since hiphop stopped doing well.
Re: Rap Albums On The Billboard Charts by kay29000(m): 10:16am On Dec 11, 2010
@eldee
what ever u say, dropping from 500k to 100k is bad. Dont compare kanye with anybody, compare him with himself. And, please, i aint new to this, i have figures in my head as far back as 2002. Kanye is goin to take like 6 weeks to do what he did in m one week with graduation. Now, telme,

(1) (Reply)

2pac Alive 2009 Proof Best Ever / Please Vote For Me In Radio 1 Photo Contest (pleeaassee) / 2011 Channel'o Music Video Awards Winners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.