Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,979 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

Muslims Form Majority Of South West’s Population—muric - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslims Form Majority Of South West’s Population—muric (1397 Views)

South-west Population 65% Muslims – Tinubu Campaign DG / 2023: We May Form Majority With Gale Of Apc’s Defection - Aduda / Majority Of One-third Out Of Overall Senate Members Can Impeach Saraki – Sagay (2) (3) (4)

Muslims Form Majority Of South West’s Population—muric by dipoolowoo: 7:58pm On Jan 28, 2020
By Dipo Olowookere

The Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) has said majority of people living in the South Western region of Nigeria are Muslims. Director of the group, Mr Ishaq Akintola, said this while reacting to the Western Nigeria Security Network code-named Amotekun, Yoruba word for leopard.

Mr Akintola, who called on Governors of the South West states to rebrand Amotekun because it has its origin in the Bible, emphasised that it would not be possible for Muslims to be a part of it.

“Jeremiah 5:6 says, ‘A leopard shall guard over their city’. Amotekun is mentioned in this verse with particular reference to guarding a city. Now, we have a sub-region where Muslims have been under persecution for ages coming up with a security outfit under the name of the same leopard mentioned in the bible as a guard over the city,” he said.
ALSO READ Sanwo-Olu Assures Lagosians 1,248 Homes by March 2020

According to him, “This is not a coincidence. The handlers of Amotekun picked the name deliberately from the Bible in order to score a spiritual point. It is very critical. It calls for serious concern. So, why give a security unit a religious name?”

“We advise the planners of the new security outfit to give it another name in the interest of peace and harmony in the sub-region. This is necessary if they want to carry all stakeholders along. Amotekun as a name is already controversial.

“We do not need a Christian security unit. Neither do we need a Muslim security outfit. The security agency in the South West must not only be neutral, it must also be seen to be neutral,” he said in a statement.
ALSO READ Ambode Pledges to Protect Lagosians from Injustice

“We affirm that Muslims form the majority in the population of the south-west. They are therefore critical stakeholders and the unity of the Yoruba cannot become fait accompli without involving the Muslims in the sub-region. Muslims must be carried along in any security network in the zone. We are interested in security. We are security conscious.

“We will therefore join a South West security initiative if it is not tainted with Christian landmarks. We will have confidence in a security outfit that involves Muslim leaders, not one that parades pastors, bishops and archbishops alone.
ALSO READ APC Group Blasts Fani-Kayode for Remarks over Buhari's Nasarawa Visit

“It must also be noted that a security group that starts with subtle threats to our brethren in faith in another part of the country cannot be safe for Muslims in Yorubaland. There is no racism or tribalism in Islam (Qur’an 49:13). It is a global brotherhood. Yoruba Muslims love Yorubaland.

“They also love Nigeria. But they owe their Creator, Allah, an unflinching and undiluted love towards their brothers and sisters in Islam no matter their race, tribe or colour,” he added.

Mr Akintola had earlier had accused governors of the south-west of recruiting only Christians into Amotekun which he had described as a militia.

https://businesspost.ng/general/muslims-form-majority-of-south-wests-population-muric/
Re: Muslims Form Majority Of South West’s Population—muric by goodnessme1(f): 8:00pm On Jan 28, 2020
We yorubas muslims are
more in population.

That we don't make noise
like muslims in north
doesn't mean we are
minority.

We have at least the 80%
of the population, minus Ibos that fill all part
of our land,where are the
christians?

Go to church on sundays
then check how many of
it members that are
yorubas.
Start with all this one
shop church.

Re: Muslims Form Majority Of South West’s Population—muric by helinues: 8:00pm On Jan 28, 2020
MUMURIC Professor on the beat

Re: Muslims Form Majority Of South West’s Population—muric by 9jahotblog: 8:41pm On Jan 28, 2020
Lies from the pit of hell.
Re: Muslims Form Majority Of South West’s Population—muric by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 28, 2020
I think he is right.
Re: Muslims Form Majority Of South West’s Population—muric by Racoon(m): 9:19pm On Jan 28, 2020
shocked See this caliphate wannabe terrorist that his slavemasters will never even allow to sight moon for them glorifying his idiocy.So that gives him the right to be stirring up controversial issues.

See how the fulani govt have never deemed it fit to call him to order.The kind of paranoid delusion this MURIC man is suffering from is a,extremely rare type.

Re: Muslims Form Majority Of South West’s Population—muric by deboysben(m): 9:23pm On Jan 28, 2020
We all know that ...

Yoruba Muslims don't want the progress of Yoruba Christians.

Re: Muslims Form Majority Of South West’s Population—muric by femolii: 9:32pm On Jan 28, 2020
goodnessme1:
We yorubas muslims are more in population.
That we don't make noise like muslims in north doesn't mean we are minority.
We have at least the 80% of the population, minus Ibos that fill all part of our land,where are the christians?
Go to church on sundays then check how many of it members that are yorubas.
Start with all this one shop church.
Don't deceive yourself Christians are the majority.
Re: Muslims Form Majority Of South West’s Population—muric by Ebenezar2020(m): 9:36pm On Jan 28, 2020
Even in some states in South East like Ebonyi state where about 80% are Igbo Muslims
Re: Muslims Form Majority Of South West’s Population—muric by Ebenezar2020(m): 9:37pm On Jan 28, 2020
femolii:
Don't deceive yourself Christians are the majority.
Egbon happy new year!
Where have you been hiding? Been a while I haven't seen ur comments
Re: Muslims Form Majority Of South West’s Population—muric by nkwuocha1: 9:38pm On Jan 28, 2020
Ebenezar2020:
Even in some states in South East like Ebonyi state where about 80% are Igbo Muslims

Even if you're on hard drugs,take a good brand.

Re: Muslims Form Majority Of South West’s Population—muric by oilPUSSY(f): 9:41pm On Jan 28, 2020
Ebenezar2020:

80% of Ebonyi people are Muslims, yet not even an ordinary ward councillor is a Muslim in Ebonyi state ....

Where is your brain ?

Re: Muslims Form Majority Of South West’s Population—muric by Xzellentgraphic: 9:58pm On Jan 28, 2020
Yoruba christians are the majority in southwest...we control ogun, ekiti, ondo and lagos....50% of osun is under our control.....
Re: Muslims Form Majority Of South West’s Population—muric by Sweeetheart(m): 10:20pm On Jan 28, 2020
thunder fire the woman that gave birth to this goat called Ishaq. thunder fire him and his useless religion
Re: Muslims Form Majority Of South West’s Population—muric by Marine54(m): 10:22pm On Jan 28, 2020
Ebenezar2020:
We don't need that abomination in our land ! Though i'm not an ibo, i'm frm ss...

Re: Muslims Form Majority Of South West’s Population—muric by Psalmy2cute(m): 10:23pm On Jan 28, 2020
goodnessme1:
We yorubas muslims are
more in population.

That we don't make noise
like muslims in north
doesn't mean we are
minority.

We have at least the 80%
of the population, minus Ibos that fill all part
of our land,where are the
christians?

Go to church on sundays
then check how many of
it members that are
yorubas.
Start with all this one
shop church.
You're thesame foolish gal that said muslims make up 92% of the yoruba population.. I think it's high time you get checked..

Re: Muslims Form Majority Of South West’s Population—muric by Ebenezar2020(m): 10:50pm On Jan 28, 2020
Marine54:
We don't need that abomination in our land ! Though i'm not an ibo, i'm frm ss.
Emeka from Aba always hiding behind SS to cause DisUnity and hate speech.
Re: Muslims Form Majority Of South West’s Population—muric by IrohCaysen: 11:06pm On Jan 28, 2020
Ebenezar2020:
Emeka from Aba always hiding behind SS to cause DisUnity and hate speech.
Re: Muslims Form Majority Of South West’s Population—muric by alfasexy: 11:10pm On Jan 28, 2020
Marine54:
We don't need that abomination in our land ! Though i'm not an ibo, i'm frm ss...

Ewu
Re: Muslims Form Majority Of South West’s Population—muric by porka: 12:52am On Jan 29, 2020
Muslims' presence along the Railway Belt of the South West can be very misleading when compared with the entire South West population.

What MURIC and his type take for large population is perhaps the congregrants for Friday prayers in Central Mosques in the said Railway Belt. Yet, Celestial Church and C&S parishioners alone - worshipping together in a single spot in those cities - will discount all those numbers.

Again, the sound of call to prayer on loud speakers on the minarets of almost empty Mosques every morning should not be confused for actual humans.

Re: Muslims Form Majority Of South West’s Population—muric by femolii: 10:36am On Jan 29, 2020
Ebenezar2020:
Egbon happy new year!
Where have you been hiding? Been a while I haven't seen ur comments
My guy i dey o but i dey always busy these days.
Re: Muslims Form Majority Of South West’s Population—muric by Bringback9ja1: 11:40am On Jan 29, 2020
Seems no one on Nairaland knows location of this man. At least, drop his location for local intervention
Re: Muslims Form Majority Of South West’s Population—muric by leke12(m): 12:31pm On Jan 29, 2020
It's getting mad-er
A message from MMP's 'brother from the north'.
xxxx
The National President of Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN), Muhammadu Kirowa, says that the association have broken ties with the Yoruba nation for going ahead with their Amotekun Security Network. Kirowa speaking at Abuja says that the association and it’s affiliates will cease to support the political ambitions of the Yoruba people, saying that the much debated Amotekun Security Network was formed to disrupt cattle herders.
We cannot be supporting those who are against us. The only reason for forming Amotekun is Fulani people, to drive us away from their land. Tell me are we not all Nigerians? I have seen that the Amotekun boys have been armed. If they are armed, we have no choice than to arm cattlemen because they need to protect themselves from the danger which Amotekun will pose to them.
They cannot reject Ruga and also reject open grazing, they must choose one. All I can tell you now is that they are pushing us too far. They are really pushing us to the walls. We have held meetings with relevant government agencies and they promised to look into the issue. How can they go ahead with Amotekun when the police issued them notice to stop? How can they ignore the President’s directive? I see that there is an evil motive behind this security network.
I heard they have also endowed them with charms to kill our cows. For any cow killed, their government will pay double for it. For every Fulani herdsman killed, violence will erupt. We have been oppressed for too long. It’s time to tell Yoruba people that we are not cowards and by Allah’s power, we will crush Amotekun and crush all their evil plots against the Fulani race.

Pictures: Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Confirms Intimidation Of Mourners By Nigerian Army / Support Nnamdi Petition On Biafra / ABURI ACCORD Millions Of Igbos Died For Restructuring