Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo (22733 Views)

Herdsmen Invade Ondo State Community, Kill Farmer, Injure Eight Other Residents / Herdsmen Kill Farmer In Akwa Ibom / Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP (2) (3) (4)

Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 28, 2020
Suspected herdsmen have killed a farmer and a policeman in Owan community, Ovia North East local government area.

It was gathered that the farmer whose identity was yet to be ascertained was killed last Saturday by herdsmen.

The community called in the police to help retrieve the body but the herdsmen were said to have fired at the police and killed one of them in the process.

A brother to the farmer was also said to be hit by bullets fired by the herdsmen.

The killing made the community members block the Bénin-Akure highway to protest the killings and sought government attention to the crisis.

Motorists plying the road were stranded for several hours that the protest lasted.

One of the protesters who gave his name as Moses, said herdsmen in the bush have been killing and raping women in their community.

Moses said their crops have been destroyed by the herdsmen.

“They killed our person in the bush. We called in the police so that we can retrieve the body but they attacked again and killed a policeman. The government should come to our aid.

“Herdsmen are terrorising us. We need help so that we can go to our farms.”

When contacted for comments, Edo police spokesman, DSP Chidi Nwabuzor, said the policeman did not die.

He said the policeman and other injured persons are receiving treatment in the hospital and said that investigations have commenced.

Farmers at Igbanke community in Orhionmwon local government also protested destruction of the crops by herdsmen.

The farmers who protested to Bénin City said they could no longer enter their farms.

They alleged that yams, cassava and other crops were used to feed cows after which the farmlands are set ablaze by the herdsmen to enable fresh grass to grow.

An elder of Iganke, Mr. James Iguando, said, “We are afraid. We cannot take laws into our hands. We don’t have plantain, yams and others again. We are now hungry. Herdsmen take their cows to eat our produce.

DSP Nwabuzor said the police have received petition on the issue and was working on the matter.

https://thenationonlineng.net/herdsmen-kill-farmer-policeman-in-edo/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by Snipper007: 10:37pm On Jan 28, 2020
Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by SUCKCESSFUL: 10:40pm On Jan 28, 2020
What? Edotekun loading....

130 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by Mraphel: 10:44pm On Jan 28, 2020
Edo is d most ravaged state by fulani herdsmen in d entire southern part

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by Officialgarri: 10:46pm On Jan 28, 2020
Fulani don suffer

Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by TheGiftedOne(m): 10:47pm On Jan 28, 2020
Herdsmen everywhere...

Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jan 28, 2020
It's high time Edo formed amotekun prototype. Their proximity to Kogi has made them vulnerable to the fulanis who graze from the north to seek pastures down south. The earlier they do this, the better.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by HacheNoire: 11:29pm On Jan 28, 2020
Who questioned the killers to ascertain there occupation or a conclusion was just arrived at that they herdsmen.

No wonder guys are just getting richer of late with little security challenges.

Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by osuofia2(m): 10:31am On Jan 29, 2020
RIP to the dead, May God punish the dullard and all the NL zombies here, waiting for press statement from his aides as usual

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by Slawormir: 10:31am On Jan 29, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Too bad

My state!!!

Wetin operation "wabaizigan" dey do na

Mikecold:
My real nigga when i go come chill out with u for playhouse na?
My nigggar.
I will drop my number with you
But i won't drop my Nigeria number o
Am not sure if you are a real niggarrr yet

So i will drop an Italian or American number so you can chat me up

Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by Moreoffaith(m): 10:31am On Jan 29, 2020
If marriage no work, no be divorce be the next thing, abeg make we dey go our separate ways oo.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by ForeThinker: 10:31am On Jan 29, 2020
Damn ..RIP

Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by Houseofglam7(f): 10:31am On Jan 29, 2020
cry
Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by NaijaOlosho(f): 10:32am On Jan 29, 2020
Buhari

Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by kasim155: 10:33am On Jan 29, 2020
Na was for Naija, killing everywhere.

Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by leksite120(m): 10:33am On Jan 29, 2020
To be candid, I don't know the mission of this people for killing o , but it seems like they're being sponsored or something.

24 Likes

Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by twilliamx(m): 10:33am On Jan 29, 2020
Na wa. Edo should better come under Amotekun..

Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by tydi(m): 10:33am On Jan 29, 2020

The killing has not even started yet, last time it was a governor they wanted to kill spraying bullets on his car now they've killed a force man, they would still take the killings down to thier paymasters.
Nonsense and one Nigeria.

Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by InfernoNig: 10:33am On Jan 29, 2020
Too sad.
Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by Tonyspecial(m): 10:33am On Jan 29, 2020
Upon all the people that claimed to be strong men for Edo, this kinda thing is happening b4 thire eyes, Edo ndo!

Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by SoftP(m): 10:33am On Jan 29, 2020
The Governor is busy battling Oshiomole while the true killers are ravaging his state.
Politicians and their selfish desire.
I use to like this man but his misplaced priority will mess him up

Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by leksite120(m): 10:33am On Jan 29, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr Too bad
niggar to damn, small small abeg
Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by Kobicove(m): 10:33am On Jan 29, 2020
This is the work of bandits.

You people should stop stoking the fire of tribal hatred by blaming Fulani herdsmen angry

Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by hisexcellency34: 10:33am On Jan 29, 2020
Oshiomhole wont see this and ask Buhari for help

Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by Tobinrobin(m): 10:34am On Jan 29, 2020
Eventually we have to classify these people as terrorists because that’s what they all are. Bastards

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by Arrewa: 10:34am On Jan 29, 2020
So Cult clash in edo is now herdsmen attack...

Chukwuokike abiama... Bia dozie obodo Anyi bu Nigeria

Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by Simplebeauty: 10:34am On Jan 29, 2020

. " am surprised about the activities of Fulani herdsmen"

GMB
Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by anonimi: 10:34am On Jan 29, 2020
TheGiftedOne:
Herdsmen everywhere...

According to the newspaper of the bullion vans man.
Has he changed sides or just putting pressure for 2023

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10800921_em8kbvxwwaadnoh_jpeg_jpeg7de7efc3794df5e80c35fae21d181f2f

Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by emeijeh(m): 10:34am On Jan 29, 2020
This headline of Herdsmen killings is becoming too common daily.
What is happening to our country?

Re: Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 29, 2020
SUCKCESSFUL:
What? Edotekun loading....

I see Fulani herdsmen in Enugu steady, but they never hold gun, is it true that they actually move with guns?

India Cops Arrest Nigerian Involved In Mango Seed Fraud / EFCC Arrests 6 Suspected Facebook Account Hackers in Uyo / Gunmen Kill French Tourist In Ebonyi, Shoot Wife & Steal Their Money