Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,533 members, 7,812,656 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

How to Turn ups to inverter 4 long hours back up - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How to Turn ups to inverter 4 long hours back up (7271 Views)

USING UPS AS INVERTER 24HRS / Turning ups to inverter / UPS To Launch Drones For Emergency Vaccinations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How to Turn ups to inverter 4 long hours back up by Horlaarsco: 1:08am On Feb 29, 2020
MrTony34:

How many amps

which ones available
Re: How to Turn ups to inverter 4 long hours back up by MrTony34: 12:06am On Mar 08, 2020
Horlaarsco:

which ones available
10-100a
Re: How to Turn ups to inverter 4 long hours back up by bizz(m): 10:32am On Mar 08, 2020
For the UPS u talked about

I have
1 tv
1 fridge
2laptops
10 (40w) bulbs ..I can change them to reduce load
1 Decoder
1 home theatre

What size of ups and battery will be ok
How much will it cost
Re: How to Turn ups to inverter 4 long hours back up by lykwhoishe: 11:14am On Mar 09, 2020
Good innovation. Question though, how do you know when the battery is full while Charging and when it's low so you turn the system off
Re: How to Turn ups to inverter 4 long hours back up by MrTony34: 9:40pm On Mar 19, 2020
lykwhoishe:

Good innovation. Question though, how do you know when the battery is full while Charging and when it's low so you turn the system off
Every inverter or charger nowadays are are intelligent ones when fully charged it cuts off wen battery is down it beeps. U can used battery monitor display to see battery percentage and wen battery is low to turn off
Re: How to Turn ups to inverter 4 long hours back up by MrTony34: 9:41pm On Mar 19, 2020
MrTony34:

Every inverter or charger nowadays are are intelligent ones when fully charged it cuts off wen battery is down it beeps. U can used battery monitor display to see battery percentage and wen battery is low to turn off

Look below to see example

Re: How to Turn ups to inverter 4 long hours back up by MrTony34: 6:29am On Mar 20, 2020
bizz:
For the UPS u talked about

I have
1 tv
1 fridge
2laptops
10 (40w) bulbs ..I can change them to reduce load
1 Decoder
1 home theatre

What size of ups and battery will be ok
How much will it cost
2.0 KVA two batteries
Re: How to Turn ups to inverter 4 long hours back up by MrTony34: 6:39am On Mar 21, 2020
MrTony34:
Thank you for checking for this new innovation. One thing I want you to know is that ups( uninterrupted power supply) can be used as inverter. It is what Many of us don't have the idea of on what ups can do. apart from it's short time back is known for
It can also be used as inverter for long hours back for load in the house.

Due to its good functionality and features good inverters nowadays have ups selection mode on them you can switch to, to prevent interruption when there is power failure.

UPS has many good features and merit over sachet /pocket inverters.
1. It regulates voltage during fluctuation
2. It provides quality power to load
3. It provides constant voltage
4 it serves as isolation btw mains and load
5 it protects loads from over voltage

How to turn it into inverter for use
Step 1
Carefully locate and Unscrew the ups casing

Step2
Locate the internal connected battery(ies) and disconnect it

Step3
Those two wires of black and red disconnected from the battery(ies) are your positive and negative wire. Cut the tip and Strip the insulation part to be used

Step 5
Get a flex conductor wire of black and red and connect them together. Black to balack and red to red and tape it properly

Step 6
Get any inverter battery of your choice. There are 45ah,75ah, 100ah, 200ah as u can afford. Then connect wires to the battery terminals as indicated red to red and black to black and tighten well

Step 7
Get a battery charger. There are 10a, 30a, 30a, 40a etc. Clip charger crocodile clip on the battery terminal and get the charger power cord plugged on the wall socket to charge the battery with power supply

Step 8
Connect your load at the back of your ups to power your load in the house

Below is a picture of mine. It is what i am using for 2yrs as my inverter

This can save cost of inverter of high cost because It is cheap and affordable. Cost of UPS range from 4k based on capacity u require for your load ( we have ups of 650va, 1.5kva , 1.2kva, 2.0kva, 2.5kva etc)

based on limited capacitt it is Suitable for a room , a room self contained , mini flat and 2bedroom flat.
The total of cost of doing this cannot cost you more than 40k, 50k, 60k,70k depending your battery choice of capacity.

HOW TO KNOW THE CAPACITY OF INVERTER/UPS TO CARRY YOUR LOAD
To do that you will need to know first the total load in your house.
Supposed you have:
1. TV 50"....60w
2. Decoder ...25w
3.fan 62".....80w
4. 10 lights each 25w.x10=250w

Total power ...415w
What is the capacity of ups/inverter to carry the load (415w)

We divide the the power load (415w) by
one of the standardd power factor (0.8, 0.7,0.6)
That will give us ...415/0.7 =519va

Therefore we will need 600va or 650va inverter/ups to carry the load.

Note that It is recommended to chose inverter/ ups bigger than the one we need.

HOW TO CALCULATE BATTERY BACKUP TIME.
supposed we have 2 batteries of 200ah/12v and a total load 415w. How many hours will the battery last?

Firstly multiply the battery voltage by the amp hour.
200ah x 12v =2400wh x2 =4800wh
Divide by the load ..4800wh/415w =11hrs.5min

Our backup time will 11hrs.5min but due to the battery can not drop to 0% to prolong the battery lifesspan we will maintain the battery DOD to 50% that will give us 6hrs.

HOE TO CALCULATE INVERTER /UPS CHARGING CURRENT.

Firstly find out the inverter vdc(voltage direct current) which is usually ranges from 12vdc-180vdc above

If my inverter/ ups is a 12v ( that is for one 12v battery) the charging current will be 10% of the battery ah. That is 10/100 =0.1
0.1x 200 = 20a..
Therefore a 12v inverter of any given capacity charging 200ah battery has about 20a charging current.

HOW TO CALCULATE CHARGING TIME
that will be battery ah divide by charging current.

200ah/20a = 10hrs

HOW TO CALCULATE NO OF SOLAR PANEL FOR YOUR BATTERY
suppose you have one 200ah/12v battery and u need solar to charge in the absent of power supply.
It is simple. First know your battery charging current as calculated above 200ah battery charging current is 20a and the battery is 12v.

Power is v x a i.e 12 x 20 =240w

We need 240w solar panel to charge our battery
Note it is recommended we use panel bigger than the one we need in this case we will need 480w panel for proper charging .

Tonytech services
Providing you quality services at all time

Our services include installation, sales and maintenance of all kinds of
1 inverter
2 solar panel
3 cctv
4 electrical
5 solar street light etc

Call an expert today
WhatsApp 0.8.1.8.0.7.2.9.6.1.2.,
Call 0.7.0.1.0.4.2.3.3.3.7
Call us today
Re: How to Turn ups to inverter 4 long hours back up by LoveThemChubby(m): 8:07am On Mar 21, 2020
MrTony34:

2.0 KVA two batteries
At what cost will the 2.0KVA be?
Re: How to Turn ups to inverter 4 long hours back up by MrTony34: 10:28am On Mar 21, 2020
LoveThemChubby:

At what cost will the 2.0KVA be?
Re: How to Turn ups to inverter 4 long hours back up by MrTony34: 10:04am On Mar 22, 2020
MrTony34:
Thank you for checking for this new innovation. One thing I want you to know is that ups( uninterrupted power supply) can be used as inverter. It is what Many of us don't have the idea of on what ups can do. apart from it's short time back is known for

Due to its good functionality and features good inverters nowadays have ups selection mode on them you can switch to, to prevent interruption when there is power failure.

Step 1

Step2

Step3
Those two wires of black and red disconnected from the battery(ies) are your positive and negative wire. Cut the tip and Strip the insulation part to be used

Step 5
Get a flex conductor wire of black and red and connect them together. Black to balack and red to red and tape it properly

Step 6
Get any inverter battery of your choice. There are 45ah,75ah, 100ah, 200ah as u can afford. Then connect wires to the battery terminals as indicated red to red and black to black and tighten well

Step 7
Get a battery charger. There are 10a, 30a, 30a, 40a etc. Clip charger crocodile clip on the battery terminal and get the charger power cord plugged on the wall socket to charge the battery with power supply

Step 8

This can save cost of inverter of high cost because It is cheap and affordable. Cost of UPS range from 4k based on capacity u require for your load ( we have ups of 650va, 1.5kva , 1.2kva, 2.0kva, 2.5kva etc)

based on limited capacitt it is Suitable for a room , a room self contained , mini flat and 2bedroom flat.
The total of cost of doing this cannot cost you more than 40k, 50k, 60k,70k depending your battery choice of capacity.

Supposed you have:
1. TV 50"....60w
2. Decoder ...25w
3.fan 62".....80w

Total power ...415w

supposed we have 2 batteries of 200ah/12v and a total load 415w. How many hours will the battery last?

Our backup time will 11hrs.5min but due to the battery can not drop to 0% to prolong the battery lifesspan we will maintain the battery DOD to 50% that will give us 6hrs.

Firstly find out the inverter vdc(voltage direct current) which is usually ranges from 12vdc-180vdc above

If my inverter/ ups is a 12v ( that is for one 12v battery) the charging current will be 10% of the battery ah. That is 10/100 =0.1
0.1x 200 = 20a..
Therefore a 12v inverter of any given capacity charging 200ah battery has about 20a charging current.

200ah/20a = 10hrs

suppose you have one 200ah/12v battery and u need solar to charge in the absent of power supply.
It is simple. First know your battery charging current as calculated above 200ah battery charging current is 20a and the battery is 12v.

Note it is recommended we use panel bigger than the one we need in this case we will need 480w panel for proper charging .

Tonytech services

1 inverter
2 solar panel
3 cctv
4 electrical
5 solar street light etc

Call an expert today
Thank you
Re: How to Turn ups to inverter 4 long hours back up by MrTony34: 6:23pm On Mar 29, 2020
MrTony34:

Step 1

Step2

Step3

Step 5

Step 6

Step 7

Step 8

Supposed you have:
1. TV 50"....60w
2. Decoder ...25w
3.fan 62".....80w

Total power ...415w

0.1x 200 = 20a..

200ah/20a = 10hrs

Tonytech services

1 inverter
2 solar panel
3 cctv
4 electrical
5 solar street light etc

Call an expert today
Try us today
Re: How to Turn ups to inverter 4 long hours back up by MrTony34: 11:03am On Apr 03, 2020
MrTony34:

Step 1

Step2

Step3

Step 5

Step 6

Step 7

Step 8

Supposed you have:
1. TV 50"....60w
2. Decoder ...25w
3.fan 62".....80w

Total power ...415w

0.1x 200 = 20a..

200ah/20a = 10hrs

Tonytech services

1 inverter
2 solar panel
3 cctv
4 electrical
5 solar street light etc

Call an expert today
Our best is what u get
Re: How to Turn ups to inverter 4 long hours back up by MrTony34: 1:04pm On Apr 08, 2020
MrTony34:

Step 1

Step2

Step3

Step 5

Step 6

Step 7

Step 8

Supposed you have:
1. TV 50"....60w
2. Decoder ...25w
3.fan 62".....80w

Total power ...415w

0.1x 200 = 20a..

200ah/20a = 10hrs

Tonytech services

1 inverter
2 solar panel
3 cctv
4 electrical
5 solar street light etc

Call an expert today
Stay safe
Re: How to Turn ups to inverter 4 long hours back up by MrTony34: 5:03pm On Apr 25, 2020
MrTony34:

Step 1

Step2

Step3

Step 5

Step 6

Step 7

Step 8

Supposed you have:
1. TV 50"....60w
2. Decoder ...25w
3.fan 62".....80w

Total power ...415w

0.1x 200 = 20a..

200ah/20a = 10hrs

Tonytech services

1 inverter
2 solar panel
3 cctv
4 electrical
5 solar street light etc

Call an expert today
Try us today
Re: How to Turn ups to inverter 4 long hours back up by MrTony34: 2:50pm On Apr 29, 2020
MrTony34:

Step 1

Step2

Step3

Step 5

Step 6

Step 7

Step 8

Supposed you have:
1. TV 50"....60w
2. Decoder ...25w
3.fan 62".....80w

Total power ...415w

0.1x 200 = 20a..

200ah/20a = 10hrs

Tonytech services

1 inverter
2 solar panel
3 cctv
4 electrical
5 solar street light etc

Call an expert today
Thank you
Re: How to Turn ups to inverter 4 long hours back up by MrTony34: 9:35am On May 03, 2020
MrTony34:

Step 1

Step2

Step3

Step 5

Step 6

Step 7

Step 8

Supposed you have:
1. TV 50"....60w
2. Decoder ...25w
3.fan 62".....80w

Total power ...415w

0.1x 200 = 20a..

200ah/20a = 10hrs

Tonytech services

1 inverter
2 solar panel
3 cctv
4 electrical
5 solar street light etc

Call an expert today
Stay safe
Re: How to Turn ups to inverter 4 long hours back up by tobtap: 11:14pm On May 03, 2020
MrTony34:

Stay safe
hi mr tony, i own an off-grid farm and i need solar solution for power. the gate house consist of 1 tv,3 light bulbs, one radio/sterio system, decoder, while the fence hold 5 bulbs, plus one 1.5hp pumping machine on d farm. these are the devices i need powered. will be grateful if i can get an estimate from u. cheers
Re: How to Turn ups to inverter 4 long hours back up by ecosystm(m): 4:27am On May 04, 2020
Hi, my inverter is no longer charging my battery (68ah) what could be the cause..? Its always on main
Re: How to Turn ups to inverter 4 long hours back up by MrTony34: 11:47pm On May 04, 2020
ecosystm:
Hi, my inverter is no longer charging my battery (68ah) what could be the cause..? Its always on main
Thank u for contacting us.if the inverter does not charge it means the battery is bad or the inverter charging circuit is faulty and needs repair

1 Like

Re: How to Turn ups to inverter 4 long hours back up by MrTony34: 11:56pm On May 04, 2020
tobtap:

hi mr tony, i own an off-grid farm and i need solar solution for power. the gate house consist of 1 tv,3 light bulbs, one radio/sterio system, decoder, while the fence hold 5 bulbs, plus one 1.5hp pumping machine on d farm. these are the devices i need powered. will be grateful if i can get an estimate from u. cheers
Thank you for contacting us...if u will need to power the pumping Machin the cost will much on u except u don't mind
For inverter and battery as well as installation with solar without powering pumping machine 530k without solar is 275k
Re: How to Turn ups to inverter 4 long hours back up by newman0017(m): 12:22am On May 05, 2020
Mr Tony, in one bed apartment wth a samsung 50'' smart tv, standing binatone fan, Dstv explorer, two laptops , a samsung sound bar and ps4 console, 6 energy bulbs with 4 phone chargers... I'll like to know how i can power them all using UPS as Inveter... including all i need to procure prior to installation... Plz be kind as to do the needful at the earliest.. Saludos
Re: How to Turn ups to inverter 4 long hours back up by MrTony34: 11:19am On May 05, 2020
newman0017:
Mr Tony, in one bed apartment wth a samsung 50'' smart tv, standing binatone fan, Dstv explorer, two laptops , a samsung sound bar and ps4 console, 6 energy bulbs with 4 phone chargers... I'll like to know how i can power them all using UPS as Inveter... including all i need to procure prior to installation... Plz be kind as to do the needful at the earliest.. Saludos
Use 2.2 ups 24v

1 Like

Re: How to Turn ups to inverter 4 long hours back up by newman0017(m): 11:23am On May 05, 2020
Thank you sir.. Are you located around PH City?
MrTony34:

Use 2.2 ups 24v
Re: How to Turn ups to inverter 4 long hours back up by Baker77: 2:37pm On May 05, 2020
newman0017:
Thank you sir.. Are you located around PH City?
I heard ps console consumes a lot of power.please put that into consideration.
Re: How to Turn ups to inverter 4 long hours back up by newman0017(m): 2:54pm On May 05, 2020
Thanks so much sir.. Will do..
Baker77:
Re: How to Turn ups to inverter 4 long hours back up by MrTony34: 11:31pm On May 05, 2020
Baker77:
In lagos
Re: How to Turn ups to inverter 4 long hours back up by MrTony34: 9:36am On May 15, 2020
MrTony34:

Step 1

Step2

Step3

Step 5

Step 6

Step 7

Step 8

Supposed you have:
1. TV 50"....60w
2. Decoder ...25w
3.fan 62".....80w

Total power ...415w

0.1x 200 = 20a..

200ah/20a = 10hrs

Tonytech services

1 inverter
2 solar panel
3 cctv
4 electrical
5 solar street light etc

Call an expert today
Re: How to Turn ups to inverter 4 long hours back up by MrTony34: 12:49pm On Jun 07, 2020
MrTony34:

Step 1

Step2

Step3

Step 5

Step 6

Step 7

Step 8

Supposed you have:
1. TV 50"....60w
2. Decoder ...25w
3.fan 62".....80w

Total power ...415w

0.1x 200 = 20a..

200ah/20a = 10hrs

Tonytech services

1 inverter
2 solar panel
3 cctv
4 electrical
5 solar street light etc

Call an expert today
Thanks
Re: How to Turn ups to inverter 4 long hours back up by MrTony34: 10:17am On Jun 18, 2020
MrTony34:

Step 1

Step2

Step3

Step 5

Step 6

Step 7

Step 8

Supposed you have:
1. TV 50"....60w
2. Decoder ...25w
3.fan 62".....80w

Total power ...415w

0.1x 200 = 20a..

200ah/20a = 10hrs

Tonytech services

1 inverter
2 solar panel
3 cctv
4 electrical
5 solar street light etc

Call an expert today
Chose renewable energy today
Re: How to Turn ups to inverter 4 long hours back up by MrTony34: 4:44pm On Jul 11, 2020
MrTony34:

Step 1

Step2

Step3

Step 5

Step 6

Step 7

Step 8

Supposed you have:
1. TV 50"....60w
2. Decoder ...25w
3.fan 62".....80w

Total power ...415w

0.1x 200 = 20a..

200ah/20a = 10hrs

Tonytech services

1 inverter
2 solar panel
3 cctv
4 electrical
5 solar street light etc

Call an expert today
Try us today and you will not regret
Re: How to Turn ups to inverter 4 long hours back up by MrTony34: 8:27am On Jul 16, 2020
MrTony34:

Step 1

Step2

Step3

Step 5

Step 6

Step 7

Step 8

Supposed you have:
1. TV 50"....60w
2. Decoder ...25w
3.fan 62".....80w

Total power ...415w

0.1x 200 = 20a..

200ah/20a = 10hrs

Tonytech services

1 inverter
2 solar panel
3 cctv
4 electrical
5 solar street light etc

Call an expert today
Try us yoday

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Picture Of A Chair Made From The Branches Of A Tree. / Made In Nigeria local technologies / What Came First, The Pen Or The Pencil?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 192
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.