Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,942 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

5 Nigerian Seafood Recipe You Probably Never Knew - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 5 Nigerian Seafood Recipe You Probably Never Knew (1420 Views)

My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) / Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown / What You Probably Didn't Know About Powdered Milk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Nigerian Seafood Recipe You Probably Never Knew by CrustandSea: 1:25am On Jan 29, 2020
1. Seafood Okro

Stewed Seafood Okra recipe is basically a Nigerian Okra soup dish. It is a fusion of Okra, Seafood and spicy pepper sauce. I was feeling under the weather all through last week and for some reason, I was craving Seafood, think my body had had enough of Shaki and Ponmo, my usual favourites…cheesy

I hardly cook Okra as I’ve noticed that since moving to the UK, Okra makes me itch, this never happened in Nigeria! Just a mouthful and my body, scalp especially would itch. The itching is never too bad though, it’s usually tolerable. Anyway, Saturday morning, I was up by 7 am, ready to go out in search of seafood. I couldn’t get a lot as I hoped so settled for Crab claws, Tiger Prawns, King prawns, Calamari and Squid, shrimps. I already had a couple of frozen Tilapia so, I got to work on Sunday morning. This Seafood Okra was so good, a friend came over after church, had a taste and insisted I made him some to take home, well, I gave in.

This recipe for Stewed Seafood Okra is quite long and windy, but this is only because I’ll be showing the entire process, which includes the boiling of the seafood, so, bear with me. One thing is certain though, you’ll love, love, love this recipe, scout’s honour.?

Ingredients:
30-40 pieces of Okra

1 big piece Fish of your choice( I’m using Tilapia)

6-8 Crab Claws or 4 Medium Crabs

3 Cups Mixed Seafood

1 Cooking Spoon Palm Oil

2-3 Cups Meat/Seafood Stock (Seafood stock ideally but we can break the rule on this occasion) <grin

1 Red Bell Pepper ( Tatashe)

3 Scotch Bonnet (Atarodo)

1 Big Onion

2-3 pieces Stockfish

3 Heaped Tablespoons Ground Crayfish

2 Tablespoon Locust Beans (Iru)

1 Maggi Crayfish or other Bouillon Cube of your choice

Soup Seasoning of your choice ( I’m using Aromat seasoning)

1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder

Salt to taste

Seafood Vendor: CrustandSea (08029058364, 09091772274, 07064590705)
Recipe Credits: Jemimah Adebiyi

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Seafood Recipe You Probably Never Knew by CrustandSea: 1:29am On Jan 29, 2020
2. Fish Pepper Soup

One thing I love about pepper soup is that the pepper and spices help you kind of sweat out the cold.

Growing up in Nigeria, I lived in Warri which is in Delta state. In warri, we have several rivers and we lived quite close to the NNPC refinery port where my dad worked. So, if there is one food Warfarians enjoy the most of, it’s fish pepper soup. I remember going to Pesu Market with my mother, just because she had to buy fish. The good thing about Pesu market was the fact that it was close to the water, so every fish caught was instantly sold to eager customers.

In Warri, there are several restaurants who offer a variety of fish or seafood for their pepper soup, but the people’s favorite is either Tilapia or Catfish. Personally, I do not fancy Tilapia, but it’s one fish that is affordable and soaks up the flavor of whatever dish you’re cooking. So, making a decision to use Tilapia for this recipe was very easy. (and I digress).

Ingredients
2- 2½ pound white firm fish cut in desired pieces
3-4 garlic cloves minced
1 or more hot pepper chopped or whole scotch bonnet, chili
1 Tablespoon grated ginger
1 bay leaf
1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
2 tablespoons or more diced celery
½ medium onion diced
1 teaspoon white pepper
3-4 leaves basil chopped
1-2 green onion chopped whites and green parts
Salt to taste
1-2 teaspoon bouillon powder
Ethnic spices listed above optional

Re: 5 Nigerian Seafood Recipe You Probably Never Knew by CrustandSea: 9:25am On May 12, 2020
Ukang

This is smoked fish in scent leaf stew and its a delicacy of Oron people in Akwa Ibom State.

Ukang is best enjoyed with yam but can also be eaten with eba.

Ingredients

Smoked fish

Pepper

Scotch Bonnet Pepper

Sliced scent leaf

Ground crayfish

Palm oil

Seasoning cube

Water

Re: 5 Nigerian Seafood Recipe You Probably Never Knew by CrustandSea: 9:25am On May 12, 2020
Ukang

Re: 5 Nigerian Seafood Recipe You Probably Never Knew by Achievers0611: 10:31am On Jun 13, 2022
Achievers Seafood

We deal with all kind of oven dried fish, wholesale and retail. You can follow us on Fb….Arch_seafood
Ig….. Arch_seafood
You can contact us on

09066592243, 07033884039

Re: 5 Nigerian Seafood Recipe You Probably Never Knew by Achievers0611: 1:16pm On Jul 05, 2022
Achievers Seafood

We deal with all kind of oven dried fish, wholesale and retail.

Asa Fish
Sea white catfish
Pond catfish
Kpala fish
Snail
Ogbono
Crayfish
Powder crafish
Prawn
Powder prawn
Iru
Egusi seed
Red chillin pepper
Pepper soup spice
Palm oil

You can follow us on Fb….Arch_seafood
Ig….. Arch_seafood

09066592243, 07033884039

(1) (Reply)

Ofada Rice Exravaganza For Just #1,800 / Which Country Created Jollof Rice? / Fast Weight Loss And Flat Belly Diets For Every Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.