Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,773 members, 7,820,708 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Go Home?? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Go Home?? (465 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Go Home?? by Divepen1(m): 7:44am On Jan 29, 2020
Here's an Excerpt of Book 4 of Fortune City series

I'm currently editing Book 3

I present an Excerpt of the sub series: Rachael's Pain

Crossing Over?

She watched blood ooze off Jericho’s head. He used to be her handler but now she’s sitting in his blood, with the moans of the security men in the background. Splashes of his blood were spread across her face even as she panted terribly. Every other person in the facility was either banging the door or barking others at each other. The only person , whom she was always enamoured of, not rattled was Kim Li Hun.
Marcus, Rachael's newest trainer, perched beside her. She wondered where he had been and why he wasn't locked in with the others. He didn't look angry or ready to attack. He pointed a file inscribed ‘Rachael’s history' at her.
‘Do you want to look for your family or watch Fortune City crumble under the influence of wicked people?’
She stared at him and swallowed hard.

‘What of Chief? He’s a bad man…’ Rachael asked
‘Well, there are no good or bad people… Look at it this way. You have killed a man in cold blood, a terrible one though, yet you did kill him. Also, you just killed your handler. And that makes you a bad person’.
‘But I was forced…’
‘Calm down! I know. I’m saying these people we are after; they are vicious. They want to kill a lot of people for their own gain and it’s our duty to find them and kill them. Chief Ajanaku might erm… want to use you for other purposes, that's true, but that’s the reason the government is sponsoring his project, he got the job done… So, I’ll ask again. Home or save lives?’
‘There are other people that can do this…’ Rachael murmured.
At last someone opened the door and the men burst out, screaming their heads off, each holding tight to his gun with fear written all over their eyes. Rachael saw them from the corner of her eyes and tightened her grip on her Glock. Marcus raised his hands to make the security men stop in their track.
‘Not like you. Not trained like you, and not as talented as you, and not as young as you, not as quick, not as intuitive, not Nigerian, not a Fortune City Citizen…’
Rachael stared at the file in his hand for a while, and collected it. He was sad and placed his head between his hands.
‘Nobody has ever survived it. The training. Nobody has ever survived it. You saw some examples. But you’re the first’, Marcus said, dejected.
She nodded and grabbed two stones, rubbed them together until they sparked fire. Not looking at him, she put the file into the fire and watched it with tears flowing down her eyes.
‘You won’t even take a peek at their names, face?’ He asked, bemused.
‘I won’t… Their faces. I will want to find them’, she murmured.
‘Yeah! You’re trained to… Your memory. Yes, good call’, he muttered.
She could feel him looking at her but she couldn’t stop staring into the fire and couldn't bring herself to actually cry. Just as they rose to leave, the wind blew a piece of the paper into the air and back into the fire. The name was ‘Grace’. And that was etched into her memory.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Go Home?? by germaphobe(m): 6:30pm On Jan 29, 2020
Mad oooo
Re: Go Home?? by Divepen1(m): 7:23am On Jan 30, 2020
germaphobe:
Mad oooo
Thanksss ooo

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Rewriter To Rewrite A Book / 18 And Pregnant / What Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Pictures, Quotes And Recommendations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.