Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

How To Overcome Age Requirement In Your 2020 Job Search - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Overcome Age Requirement In Your 2020 Job Search (531 Views)

What Is The Minimum Age Requirement For Renting A Yacht? / NCDC December 2020 Job Vacancies & Recruitment Begins / New FG Recruitment Age Requirement: What Will Be The Fate Of Applicants Above 30 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Overcome Age Requirement In Your 2020 Job Search by Pricelessfina(f): 10:28am On Jan 29, 2020
Have you ever searched for a job and got discouraged because of the age requirement? Do you feel like this age requirement is affecting your job search? Do you feel you are losing out on some jobs because you are either too old or too young? If so, you’re not alone in all these. I’m going to share with you some information on how to overcome this obstacle.

A lot of job seekers have been put off by this age requirement and I want to break the huge misconception. The fact that it is not age discrimination that you are seeing and experiencing but experience discrimination.

What Is Experience Discrimination/Age Requirement?

What do I mean by that? Well, let me give you a little back history. Right now there are about 77 million Baby Boomers out there. Who are Baby Boomers? A baby boomer is a term used to describe a person who was born between 1946 and 1964. The baby boomer generation makes up a substantial portion of the world’s population, especially in developed nations and all of them have decided to stay in the workforce a lot longer than the generations before them

Millennials
The problem is that, over the last 20+ years, 100 million millennials have also emerged and entered the workforce.

Millennials make up over half the workforce today, and many of them are now in their late twenties and early thirties. What this means is that millennials now have enough years and experience to work in the job markets and given the fact that they are cheaper more technologically savvy, they tend to be hired more than seasoned workers.

Again, this age requirement isn’t really age discrimination. It purely an economic principle of supply and demand. When you think about it, in the world of business economics, there is too much supply (too many seasoned workers) and not enough demand for the skill set especially with the high unemployment rates in Nigeria.

So, what do you do about this (Age Requirement)?

Well, don’t take it personally, this affects both Baby Boomers and millennials. This is what we call “globalization” and every day the chances of getting affordable help are being lowered around the world by geographical and economic boundaries.

So, this begs the question of how you can start thinking about your career and how to change your strategy with job search and your relevance in the job market. Again, it’s a supply and demand concept.

https://everyevery.ng/how-to-overcome-age-requirement-in-your-2020/
Re: How To Overcome Age Requirement In Your 2020 Job Search by Coded2(m): 8:31pm On Jan 29, 2020
I no get data post the rest here

(1) (Reply)

Please Help A Brother Who Is Frustrated Seeking For Job / Join Us In Building A Media Startup with your Instagram Account (100K payoff) / The Sojourner By Genesis Hotel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.