Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

9 Important Things You Need To Know About Operation Amotekun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 9 Important Things You Need To Know About Operation Amotekun (388 Views)

FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal / Operation Amotekun: Carry Illegal Arms, Be Arrested, Police Warn OPC, Hunters / Operation Amotekun Begins In South-West: Yoruba Youths Warn Criminals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Important Things You Need To Know About Operation Amotekun by Lydia696: 10:53am On Jan 29, 2020
9 Important Things You Need To Know About Operation Amotekun

It is a form of security outfit to guide and protect the lives of the innocent in the South West region.

1. Amotekun is the Yoruba word for Leopard. The Amotekun logo highlights the image of an angry leopard in its full flight. This represents ‘Zero tolerance to crime’.

2. Operation Amotekun remains the first regional security outfit initiated by a geopolitical zone in Nigeria. Meanwhile, the local security initiative would complement the Police and other paramilitary organisations to fight crime.

3. The headquarters of Operation Amotekun will be located in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital.

4. Each state has contributed 20 patrol vehicles, communication gadgets and other security gadgets to the central dispatch that is located at Gbongan in Osun State. Furthermore, each state will procure additional vehicle and gadgets for state-based operations.

5. Also, each state procured 100 units of motorcycles making a total of 600 motorcycles to fortify the operation Amotekun in the six states.

6. Operation Amotekun is made up of specifically hired local hunters, members of vigilante groups, men of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) and the Oodua People’s Congress (OPC).

7. In terms of personnel, 1, 320 militiamen will be employed for this operation.

8. Among important things to note is that the Operation Amotekun officials will carry Dane guns just like the way hunters are allowed to do.

9. Operation Amotekun officials will man 52 blackspots across the South-West geopolitical region.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Important Things You Need To Know About Operation Amotekun by okefrancis: 10:57am On Jan 29, 2020
Amotekun.......a solution to end the insecurity in South West and Nigeria as a whole ,no going back on Amotekun
Re: 9 Important Things You Need To Know About Operation Amotekun by Jhayphil: 10:59am On Jan 29, 2020
Its really good to know these facts and I pray operation Amotekun is a success. Security of life and property is very importance and its the primary duty of law enforcement agencies to the people.
Re: 9 Important Things You Need To Know About Operation Amotekun by Zeemam: 10:59am On Jan 29, 2020
Thank you for this info.
Re: 9 Important Things You Need To Know About Operation Amotekun by agwom(m): 11:01am On Jan 29, 2020
V
Re: 9 Important Things You Need To Know About Operation Amotekun by Arubajagz: 11:02am On Jan 29, 2020
Only an enemy of progress will be against Amotekun.
Re: 9 Important Things You Need To Know About Operation Amotekun by iluvdonjazzy: 11:04am On Jan 29, 2020
Only God knows why the northerners are afraid of AMOTEKUN, if they don't have hidden agenda they need not to be afraid.

Re: 9 Important Things You Need To Know About Operation Amotekun by ojokolax: 11:11am On Jan 29, 2020
Amotekun would go a long way in reducing crime at the communal level so it is a very welcome idea. We now await the legal framework that would be produced by the different AG of the participating states.
Re: 9 Important Things You Need To Know About Operation Amotekun by Zeesugar(f): 11:16am On Jan 29, 2020
I see no reason for the agitation of some Nigeria over this new security outfit. I hope they find solace in this information. Amotekun is not against you!!!!.
Re: 9 Important Things You Need To Know About Operation Amotekun by muykem: 11:25am On Jan 29, 2020
Zeesugar:
I see no reason for the agitation of some Nigeria over this new security outfit. I hope they find solace in this information. Amotekun is not against you!!!!.
There's a big reason. The initiator and those criticize it reason beyond immediate provision of security in south west. This outfit will definitely put northerners on the check in their disposition to national issues. I will not say more than that.
Re: 9 Important Things You Need To Know About Operation Amotekun by muykem: 11:32am On Jan 29, 2020
I have studied and analyse Amotekun saga. It's God himself that gives south west governors this initiative. It's is more than protect south west against Fulani herdsmen. Akintola is the Judas of Yoruba land on this issue.
Re: 9 Important Things You Need To Know About Operation Amotekun by Arubajagz: 12:18pm On Jan 29, 2020
Erase is clearly different from Strikethrough Strikethrough

MrEraser:

I, MrEraser, exercising my statutory power of sieving sound argument from unsound argument, hereby erase this comment for committing the fallacy of white or black.

(1) (Reply)

Fed Govt Should Stop Chinese Returning From Holiday / Ekpeyong Takes 2nd Oath As Akpabio's Senator / EFCC Frees Shehu Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.