Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,821 members, 7,824,412 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

BREAKING: Corp Members To Now Receive N33,000 As Allowance - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / BREAKING: Corp Members To Now Receive N33,000 As Allowance (885 Views)

IPPIS: FG Paid Some Professors N8,000 As Monthly Salary – Abiodun Ogunyemi / IPPIS: Some VCs Collected N58,000 As February Salary – ASUU / Corps Members To Receive N33,000 As Allowance. Are You Happy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Corp Members To Now Receive N33,000 As Allowance by thegeniusmedia: 12:48pm On Jan 29, 2020
Shuaibu Ibrahim, a brigadier general and the director-general of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) says the monthly allowance of corp members has been increased to N33,000.

Ibrahim announced this during a working visit to the NYSC secretariat in Bauchi.

He said the increase is in line with the new minimum wage approved by the federal government.

According to a statement released on the service’ official Facebook page, Ibrahim said provisions for the new allowance have been made in the 2020 budget and “payment would commence as soon as funds are released by the appropriate authorities”.

In September, Ibrahim had hinted that the monthly allowance of corps members would be increased “immediately the federal government starts the payment of the new minimum wage”.

“Your monthly allowance would be increased immediately the Federal Government starts the payment of the new minimum wage to all public servants nationwide,” he said in an address delivered at the NYSC orientation camp in Iyana-Ipaja, Lagos.

“Efforts are in top gear at all levels to ensure adequate welfare for all corps members.”

Sunday Dare, the minister of youth and sports development, also confirmed the increase although he did not provide details.

President Muhammadu Buhari signed the new minimum wage bill into law in April 2019.

Federal civil servants and some states have started implementation, adjusting the.......https://www.thegeniusmedia.com.ng/2020/01/29/breaking-corp-members-to-now-receive-n33000-as-allowance/

Re: BREAKING: Corp Members To Now Receive N33,000 As Allowance by seunlayi(m): 12:51pm On Jan 29, 2020
What is the actual value of that amount in this present naija?
Re: BREAKING: Corp Members To Now Receive N33,000 As Allowance by younglleo: 12:52pm On Jan 29, 2020
Re: BREAKING: Corp Members To Now Receive N33,000 As Allowance by Lcf69(m): 1:02pm On Jan 29, 2020
Wowww!!! More cash for Outing.And,Thanks a Million PMB n our amiable VP(StarBoy) .. Pinned.
Re: BREAKING: Corp Members To Now Receive N33,000 As Allowance by YungMike(m): 1:22pm On Jan 29, 2020
According to a statement released on the service’ official Facebook page, Ibrahim said provisions for the new allowance have been made in the 2020 budget and"payment would commence as soon as funds are released by the appropriate authorities”.

Only Allah Knows when the Appropriate Authorities will release the funds...So i can go serve my Father's Land again. grin

Meanwhile, call your family and friends in Nigeria for as low as 12kb/s with the SmileVoice service from anywhere in WORLD. *no roaming charges.

Check my signature for contact info.
Re: BREAKING: Corp Members To Now Receive N33,000 As Allowance by meum: 1:35pm On Jan 29, 2020
Hmmm
Re: BREAKING: Corp Members To Now Receive N33,000 As Allowance by Wealthyonos(m): 3:58pm On Jan 29, 2020
I usually don't like Buhari, but if this is true, then I commend him for this.
Re: BREAKING: Corp Members To Now Receive N33,000 As Allowance by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:40pm On Jan 29, 2020
Following........

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Corp Members To Now Receive N33,000 As Allowance by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:41pm On Jan 29, 2020
Wealthyonos:
I usually don't like Buhari, but if this is true, then I commend him for this.
He read this everyday.....

One by one, dem don dey commend.

Keep it up guys!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Corp Members To Now Receive N33,000 As Allowance by ForbesHomesNG(m): 1:09pm On Jan 30, 2020
post=86212842:
Following........

(1) (Reply)

Profile Of Folasade Ogunsola, UNILAG New Acting VC / . / Unknown Gun Men With Military Uniform In Tasued

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.