Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,446 members, 7,853,939 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 08:18 AM

Why Toke Makinwa Shouldn't Be Your Role Model - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Toke Makinwa Shouldn't Be Your Role Model (712 Views)

Why Toke Makinwa House Was Seized By AMCON (VIDEO) / Why Toke Makinwa Cannot Stop Sleeping With Married Billionaire, Festus Fadeyi / Heres Why Toke Makinw Cant Stop Sleeping With Married Billionaire, Festus Fadeyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Toke Makinwa Shouldn't Be Your Role Model by splendid22(m): 8:33am On Jan 30, 2020
Popularity doesn’t equate relevance. Fashionable vlogger, media personality and social media influencer, Toke Makinwa is no doubt one of the most followed young Nigerians on social media. Makinwa has found a way of turning the attention she gets on social media to gold and it is paying off for her financially. However, it is not enough reason to call her a role model.

A role model is not constrained to those with fancy titles or personal wealth, fame or fortune. A true role model is not the person with the best job title, the most responsibility, or the greatest fame to his or her name. Rather a true role model is that individual who can inspire and influence another person positively.

Earlier this year, the radio presenter noted that African parents are the “worst in the world” for “ruining lives” with unorthodox child-raising values. For someone who has such a huge platform, she shouldn’t have made such a fallacious statement.

According to her:“Thanks to African parents for ruining our lives. Growing up in an African home, there are certain things we never had the balls to say. Even now, I’m 35.

I still can’t stand up to my parents. African parents are the worst set of parents in the whole wide world. You never have an option on things that are coming in an African home.

As a child, you’re told what to read in school.They don’t tell you what you’re good at but what they think you should be doing. It’s like, ‘I want to have a doctor, so my child must read medicine.’ Even if you do shit in maths, you’ll be an accountant”.

Read the rest here
http:///s7b60fcf6200129en_ng

1 Like

Re: Why Toke Makinwa Shouldn't Be Your Role Model by Kingproy(m): 10:19am On Jan 30, 2020
Your points are pointless
Re: Why Toke Makinwa Shouldn't Be Your Role Model by Beckysexy(f): 11:02am On Jan 30, 2020
Rubbish article

It was a waste of time reading this trash

(1) (Reply)

Couple Gets Married 32fit Underwater In The Caribbean Sea (see Photos) / Photos: Davido Features Chioma In His 1milli Music Video / Katy Perry Expecting Her First Child With Fiance Orlando Bloom - Naijanewsgist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.