Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,924 members, 7,810,546 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

Osinbajo Is Not A Spokesperson - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Is Not A Spokesperson (367 Views)

Why President Tinubu Has Not Appointed A Spokesperson Yet After Assuming Office / Kayode Ogundamisi Denies Being A Spokesperson To APC / Prof Yemi Osinbajo Is Not A Democrat, He Prepared My Detention Under Decree 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo Is Not A Spokesperson by Kakaakinews: 9:43am On Jan 30, 2020
I find it interesting and fascinating how Nigerians expect Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to comment on virtually every matter in this country, probably due to his accessibility and quick reactions to issues as pertains to the common man but again I think it is largely down to the fact that they do not understand his job functions but one thing that is clear is that he is not a spokesperson for any group, profession, faith, denomination or tribe.

If something happens in the country, Nigerians quickly and angrily take to Twitter to demand that Osinbajo speaks on the matter. The truth is that Osinbajo is not the spokesperson for the Nigerian government. The spokespersons are there and the Minister of Information is also there how then do they demand that he does their job?

If the Supreme Court or any court in Nigeria gives a judgment, Often times, one will hear Nigerians saying “Osinbajo is a SAN and he is quiet”, “Osinbajo will not talk now”, etc. He is not the spokesperson for the judges across Nigeria and he does not determine the judgments so what should he say? Do people think he is a TV analyst? He is not the spokesperson for the courts; let their spokespersons do their jobs.

If the DSS holds a citizen or refuses to respect court orders, they will come out again and say Osinbajo this or Osinbajo that. But again, he is not the DSS DG or DSS spokesperson why then do we expect him to comment on an agency of government that does not report him or his office?

If there is a claim or counter-claim that the COZA senior pastor raped a lady or not, they will say Osinbajo will not talk now, pastors are raping girls. How do they expect him to comment? Is he the founder of COZA or the spokesperson there?

It is not finished, even if law school student fails exams, they will call him to speak on the result as if he is the lecturer or invigilator.

I have noticed this trend and I think it shows how unknowledgeable some Nigerians are. We have had previous Vice Presidents and no one held them accountable for everything that happened in government.

Since 1999, we have had three Vice Presidents before Osinbajo. Atiku Abubakar is a former Customs boss and never was he accused of not speaking on the corruption, exploitation or fraud in the Customs.

Goodluck Jonathan was also never asked to speak on national issues as Vice President. Namadi Sambo who preceded Osinbajo was an architect; he was never called upon to explain why buildings were collapsing left, right and center.

Nigerians should educate themselves and stop embarrassing those of us who know. I am not saying he can’t be called out or answers demanded for certain actions but it should be for things under his supervision or within the prerogative of his office.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Is Not A Spokesperson by slimfit1(m): 9:53am On Jan 30, 2020
They don't want him to have a say in this government yhari is the President buhari vice president Osinbajo secretary of state simple.
Re: Osinbajo Is Not A Spokesperson by Jhayphil: 9:55am On Jan 30, 2020
We should know all these things and stop trying to always bring up the VP's name in certain matters. When he was Acting President, we all know how active he was and actions taken on matters but generally, we should be knowledgeable enough to know that he isn't in the best position to comment on certain matters.
Re: Osinbajo Is Not A Spokesperson by zakim(m): 9:56am On Jan 30, 2020
undecided
Re: Osinbajo Is Not A Spokesperson by Jhayphil: 9:56am On Jan 30, 2020
slimfit1:
They don't want him to have a say in this government yhari is the President buhari vice president Osinbajo secretary of state simple.

How do you mean In fact, Osinbajo has been the most audible VP in action and in words as compared to others who have held that position.
Re: Osinbajo Is Not A Spokesperson by Zeesugar(f): 10:04am On Jan 30, 2020
There is a great need for self education we can't push everything to the government or to school teachers.
It is not a crime if you go to Google search searching for duties and responsibilities of a vice president of a Nation or any other office. It is for your our good it doesn't cost a penny in fact it put you at advantage.
Peace

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Is Not A Spokesperson by leeport: 10:05am On Jan 30, 2020
We know most people strive on the name calling of HE OSINAJO...

its just ridiculous the mindset people have thinking he has to speak on every and anything that happens in the nation wink
Re: Osinbajo Is Not A Spokesperson by AgentNairaland(f): 10:07am On Jan 30, 2020
Osinbajo For President 2023 So Shall It Be
Re: Osinbajo Is Not A Spokesperson by ojokolax: 10:08am On Jan 30, 2020
A cursory review of the Constitution would detail out the functions of the Vice President. The fact that Prof Osinbajo is a SAN, should not make his case any different.
Re: Osinbajo Is Not A Spokesperson by Lydia696: 10:10am On Jan 30, 2020
Osinbajo has be active in all he do, you guys can look back when he was the acting president just in 38 days we all how he was so active and action in all ways
Re: Osinbajo Is Not A Spokesperson by Zeemam: 10:48am On Jan 30, 2020
Osinbajo our man
Re: Osinbajo Is Not A Spokesperson by okefrancis: 11:21am On Jan 30, 2020
Some people failed to realize that VP osinbajo is not a spokesperson or all in all ,those he overseas because he's vibrant and diligent, osinbajo is our man
Re: Osinbajo Is Not A Spokesperson by Joylove2324(f): 11:24am On Jan 30, 2020
May God bless the writer of this beautiful write up, people need to understand the role of the vice president and know their limit. I always wonder why some miscreants always come to social media to disgrace themselves, everything "Osinbajo should speaks" even if their wife deny them sex, i'm sure they will call him out to say something. Yeye people
Re: Osinbajo Is Not A Spokesperson by Joylove2324(f): 11:25am On Jan 30, 2020
slimfit1:
[s][/s]They don't want him to have a say in this government yhari is the President buhari vice president Osinbajo secretary of state simple.[s][/s]
Can you please read the trash you just wrote again?
Re: Osinbajo Is Not A Spokesperson by slimfit1(m): 11:35am On Jan 30, 2020
Joylove2324:

Can you please read the trash you just wrote again?

Call it whatever you want allow me to express myself.
Re: Osinbajo Is Not A Spokesperson by Laghondi2008: 10:59am On Apr 24, 2021
There is no way Osinbajo will talk about every single issues /problm in this country alone, some of your complains or exoections should be forwarded directly to the president not VP.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Islamic Ruling "Where A President Aids Terrorism " / School Feeding: 9 Cooks Disappear With N700,000 In Kaduna / When Will Buhari Travel To China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.