Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Why Is It So Difficult To Find A Job? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Is It So Difficult To Find A Job? (1098 Views)

Why Is It So Difficult To Get A Job In This Country? / Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! / What Has Been Your Most Difficult Stage In Job Hunting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It So Difficult To Find A Job? by DaVader: 11:45am On Jan 30, 2020
It's been five months after nysc, I'm not depressed yet but I can see it coming.

no money, no hustle, just nothing.

I can't even go out.

I don't even know where to start.

Now, it doesn't really matter, I just want to wake up and go somewhere till I have an option. I don't really need a high paying job, just somewhere to work, get some money and keep my head up before depression consumes me.

They say dep**" would be the leading cause of death in 2020, I think that's not far from the truth.

Any job at all, I don't mind traveling anywhere in the country so the pay would be enough for me to sustain myself.

I'm based in Ondo State.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Find A Job? by PMPhoenix(m): 3:29pm On Jan 30, 2020
DaVader I’d brace up if I were you. Trust me, you don’t want to know how long most have stayed idle after passing out. Life can get strikingly vicious after service; family members look down on you, you lose a lot of friends and romance options are best thrown out of the window. But I will tell you learn a skill, anything, just get good at something and keep developing it to pass the time, keep applying for positions no matter how many rejection mails you receive, tell people you know who genuinely care about your well being that you’re searching for a job. Everyday your issues will wake you up and taunt your mind restlessly but you have to find a way to keep your head above the water. Wetin dey there be say rain no dey fall on top only one roof, God will see us all through eventually.

7 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Find A Job? by PerfectMatchNG: 3:34pm On Jan 30, 2020
2 weeks ago, 12 lawyers, each between 5-7 years post-call experience were made to wait at a law firm on the ISLAND from 8am to 6pm. Written test, 2 rounds of oral interviews. No water, no snacks

One of the guys who was picked just showed me the offer.

The salary? N45,000!

WTF

6 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Find A Job? by golddeejay(m): 4:34pm On Jan 30, 2020
While trying hard not to discourage you. I think you should face the reality of the country we are in and see seeking a job at all as secondary.

I have not seen my certificate in years. I only used it to get a teaching job years back. Teaching job is a story for another day.

Since you are still fresh. Find something to do before you become depressed and miserable. There are few hustles you can try online and offline while hoping for a job (or not).

Don't let this country kill your drive.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Find A Job? by CsRockefeller(m): 5:02pm On Jan 30, 2020
PerfectMatchNG:
2 weeks ago, 12 lawyers, each between 5-7 years post-call experience were made to wait at a law firm on the ISLAND from 8am to 6pm. Written test, 2 rounds of oral interviews. No water, no snacks

The salary? N45,000!

WTF

These days, if you see a job of 50k, you are extremely lucky. Things hard o.

No one cares the school, grade or experience anymore. My first book will be about my job search experiences, I have a handful.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Find A Job? by Fireson: 5:09pm On Jan 30, 2020
CsRockefeller:

These days, if you see a job of 50k, you are extremely lucky. Things hard o.

No one cares the school, grade or experience anymore. My first book will be about my job search experiences, I have a handful.

It's well....... lipsrsealed
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Find A Job? by FunnyDude(m): 5:59pm On Jan 30, 2020
Never be depressed
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Find A Job? by Goovo(m): 7:22pm On Jan 30, 2020
PerfectMatchNG:

The salary? N45,000!

WTF
really, is this real?

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Find A Job? by CsRockefeller(m): 7:33pm On Jan 30, 2020
Goovo:
really, is this real?

Yes. The real story is on Twitter. I think he copied it.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Find A Job? by gerizzim: 7:54pm On Jan 30, 2020
Goovo:
really, is this real?

Yeah to a large extent, yes it's the reality. I know of graduates dat earn #30k per month. Office work ooo

Some companies av even stopped increasing salary. The salary they start you wit dts the salary you remain for years.
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Find A Job? by Grant94(m): 8:14pm On Jan 30, 2020
Bros Nigeria is a destiny killer but that doesn't mean you should be depressed
Enter street and no dull your self find a side hustle to keep your self going for the main time
remember at the end of the dark tunnel there is always a bright Light

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Find A Job? by FKMagazine(m): 8:21pm On Jan 30, 2020
Maybe you wanna say 'it's rather difficult to get a good job'
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Find A Job? by Goovo(m): 8:42pm On Jan 30, 2020
gerizzim:

Yeah to a large extent, yes it's the reality. I know of graduates dat earn #30k per month. Office work ooo

Some companies av even stopped increasing salary. The salary they start you wit dts the salary you remain for years.
OmG shocked shocked
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Find A Job? by rosemary21(f): 9:49pm On Jan 30, 2020
DaVader:
It's been five months after nysc, I'm not depressed yet but I can see it coming.

I can't even go out.

Now, it doesn't really matter, I just want to wake up and go somewhere till I have an option. I don't really need a high paying job, just somewhere to work, get some money and keep my head up before depression consumes me.

They say dep**" would be the leading cause of death in 2020, I think that's not far from the truth.

Any job at all, I don't mind traveling anywhere in the country so the pay would be enough for me to sustain myself.

I'm based in Ondo State.

You have a mindset of someone who is gonna survive cos a lot of graduates want a 6 figure salary before they start working.its cool your main drive is to be leaving the house before the money part.my first job I earned 20k but the drive to be leaving home helped me take it.gradually am progressing bit by bit with the experiences too.i haven't started earning plenty money but the knowledge I ve gathered from this small small jobs is gonna help me any day I start up my own business cos that's my dream.this our country nah dream killer but we have to be tough to pull through. Just make contacts with people to help fix you somewhere even if it's school,it might be your stepping stone.you might meet someone in the course of doing that your small job who will be your saviour.my friend got a government job through that her 15k teaching.may God come through for you and please don't be depressed,the best things are in the future
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Find A Job? by BlueRayDick: 11:17pm On Jan 30, 2020
DaVader:

I can't even go out.

I'm based in Ondo State.

Bros u made a mistake most new entrants into the Labour market usually make. You've posted about how difficult it has been to get a job( which is no secret in present day Nigeria). You indicated Ur interest in taking up any job that will put food on Ur table.....BUT.....You never talked about the course you studied......You never talked about what and what you can do......You never talked about any skill you have (No matter irrelevant it may sound).....You never mentioned what and what you've done in the past that can spark the interest of a potential employer that sees Ur post and may want to consider u for a role.

I believe the essence of your post up there is to get help and not just to state the obvious (that there's unployment crisis in Nigeria). If that's what u want to do, then let people see tru Ur post that u can do better than others in Ur shoes.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Find A Job? by Nobody: 8:25am On Jan 31, 2020
If your papa nor get money or connections, you are in trouble! Start looking for a way to create something out of nothing and get paid, legitimately. Or japa!
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Find A Job? by PerfectMatchNG: 12:58pm On Jan 31, 2020
Yes it is.
Goovo:
really, is this real?

(1) (Reply)

Npower Batch C 2021 Update Of Credentials And Test Has Closed / I Cannot Feed My Child ,because There’s No Money !! / Walk-in Interview!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.