Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,548 members, 7,837,097 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Stainless Basin On Fire Under Heat - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Stainless Basin On Fire Under Heat (290 Views)

Professional Washing Hair Basin / Show Glass, fans,chairs, washing basin and other Salon Equipment For Sale / Lovely Stainless Gate Available For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stainless Basin On Fire Under Heat by akpunda86: 4:59pm On Jan 30, 2020
Please i need answers to this.mod please move to appropriate section.
Attached stainless pan was filled with toys and kept under the sun.when i was going out i perceived smoke.
So i was in the office next the girl living with us taking care of baby called shouting house on fire.i left all i was doing in the office drove like a mad man home.all i was thinking was my kid at home and helper.
Reaching home my helper had poured water on it and it stopped.
Next to it was my generator.Thank God noting happened.

Now was the stainless basin drawing in much heat to ignite the plastics.cos 2mrw ill be putting water to see if it can boil.if it can ignite by 10am i believe will boil by noon.

Re: Stainless Basin On Fire Under Heat by healthserve(m): 5:05pm On Jan 30, 2020
The specific latent heat would reduce if you put water and for the same effect to occur with water in the basin would require excessive heat cause the water in the basin would absorb much of the heat.

If you put other contents like toys you can expect the possibility of the same result.

It simply means the basin absorbed the heat beyond it's capacity to continue absorbing the heat and had to transmitt the energy to/thru to an outlet

(1) (Reply)

Crarckhaus Come And Say Something Bad About Men, You're Always Abusing Women / Lagos Gas Blast Kills 15, Destroys Several Buildings: Nigerian Officials / Learn How To Protect Your Family From Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.