Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,751 members, 7,820,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

4 Famous Footballers Who Went Bankrupt(Photos) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 4 Famous Footballers Who Went Bankrupt(Photos) (3043 Views)

Players Who Went From Rags To Riches & Back Again / Famous Footballers Involved In Ghastly Car Accidents (see List, Photos) / 3 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Lost Important Goals When Super Eagles Needed It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Famous Footballers Who Went Bankrupt(Photos) by Pantoo: 5:14am On Jan 31, 2020
Playing football is a profession that rakes in a lot of money. The average footballer is expected to earn between $10,000 and $80,000 per month and that is why many players come across as rich people. However, it is not always rosy for these footballers, many of whom have their wages drastically reduced after tax.

But there are also others who genuinely earn a lot. It is very easy to attribute 7out of every 10 flashy cars you see on the streets to be being owned by a footballer. The truth, though, is that footballers, and all other athletes for that matter, have very limited time to play at the top.

The career of the average footballer spans between 10 and 15 years. As a result, those who are not able to save or invest enough during their playing days turn out to be miserable after hanging their boots.

In fact, there have been many cases in recent times of famous footballers who became broke after retirement. Here are four footballers who found themselves in such a situation:

4_Emmanuel Eboue

3_David James

2_John Arne Riise

1_Ronaldinho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkhwtF88OOs

Re: 4 Famous Footballers Who Went Bankrupt(Photos) by Thelannister: 5:48am On Jan 31, 2020
Don't tell me Ronaldinho whom I grew to watch play is bankrupt?
Re: 4 Famous Footballers Who Went Bankrupt(Photos) by Facidio: 6:09am On Jan 31, 2020
Who told you Ronaldinho is bankrupt
Re: 4 Famous Footballers Who Went Bankrupt(Photos) by Nobody: 6:14am On Jan 31, 2020
angry angry angry
Re: 4 Famous Footballers Who Went Bankrupt(Photos) by masterflowx(m): 6:15am On Jan 31, 2020
If you check them very well you will understand that toto and gambling are the major course of their bankrupt...

Majority of our youth in Nigeria with gambling addiction can never be richand most of them will definitely have issue in their marriages.

If all Nigeria youths can see gambling the way I sees it.
All the gambling shops will close their shop within a month.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Famous Footballers Who Went Bankrupt(Photos) by Pantoo: 6:35am On Jan 31, 2020
Thelannister:
Don't tell me Ronaldinho whom I grew to watch play is bankrupt?
my brother ronaldinho is bein bankrupt

1 Like

Re: 4 Famous Footballers Who Went Bankrupt(Photos) by Pantoo: 6:36am On Jan 31, 2020
Facidio:
Who told you Ronaldinho is bankrupt

Google it
Re: 4 Famous Footballers Who Went Bankrupt(Photos) by Pantoo: 6:36am On Jan 31, 2020
masterflowx:

If you check them very well you will understand that toto and gambling are the major course of their bankrupt...

Majority of our youth in Nigeria with gambling addiction can never be rich and most of them will definitely have issue in their marriages.

If all Nigeria youths can see gambling the way I sees it.
All the gambling shops will close their shop within a month.
���
Re: 4 Famous Footballers Who Went Bankrupt(Photos) by ThierryJay: 7:25am On Jan 31, 2020
Pathetic. This beggars belief.

If a very average footballer earns 20,000 pounds per week for 10 years without any increase, he'll have grossed over 10 million pounds (over 4billion Naira) during this period. Now consider an elite footballer who earns multiples of 20,000 pounds a week for up to 15 years, who most likely would have grossed over 100 million pounds, then also add mega income from endorsements, you are probably looking at 150 - 200 million pounds (60 - 80 billion Naira) from a glittering career.

How can such a person go broke?? I can understand Ifeanyi Udeze or Femi Opabunmi going broke. But Ronaldinho, how can you be broke?? It's just beyond my understanding.

For David James, you don't need a soothsayer to tell you a huge chunk of his dough ended up in the purse of those sweet in the middles.

Mynd44 front page please.
Re: 4 Famous Footballers Who Went Bankrupt(Photos) by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 31, 2020
Ronaldinho is not bankrupt, sir.
Re: 4 Famous Footballers Who Went Bankrupt(Photos) by Pantoo: 10:22am On Jan 31, 2020
U guy's to Google and see
Re: 4 Famous Footballers Who Went Bankrupt(Photos) by lordizak(m): 11:14am On Jan 31, 2020
Pantoo:
my brother ronaldinho is bein bankrupt
I hope you know the meaning of bankruptcy?
Re: 4 Famous Footballers Who Went Bankrupt(Photos) by cRobo: 11:17am On Jan 31, 2020
Only Eboue I know of
Re: 4 Famous Footballers Who Went Bankrupt(Photos) by Pantoo: 12:16pm On Jan 31, 2020
lordizak:
I hope you know the meaning of bankruptcy?
Yerh
Re: 4 Famous Footballers Who Went Bankrupt(Photos) by Pantoo: 12:16pm On Jan 31, 2020
cRobo:
Only Eboue I know of
ok

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Wins First Medal In Rio (in Rowing) / Jay Jay Okocha Shares Throwback Picture With Ronaldinho And Teammates At PSG / To Predict Games These Days Done Hard Pass To Use Expo For Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.