Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team (3150 Views)

I Won’t Insult Buhari, Instead I Quit –mu’azu Tells Jonathan Team / 2015 Election:Goodluck Jonathan's Team Struggles To Wipe Out Buari's Lead / Messy Presidential Elections As Jonathan's Team Unleashes Rigging Spree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by frenchman(m): 7:24pm On Dec 10, 2010
Information available to ukpakareports.com indicates that the former NAFDAC Queen and the current Federal Minister for Information and Communication, Prof Dora Nkem Akunyili will be calling it quits next week.

Prof Akunyili who had been reported by ukpakareports.com of having collected PDP/APGA/ACN Senatorial forms, was reported to have received a hard promise from the Govenor of Anambra State against APGA senatorial ticket to contest for the Central Senatorial district.

Our source informed that earlier on Friday afternoon, the Information Minister visited the National Communication Commission [NCC]. She told the executive staff that she was on a fairwell visit. And that she will be resigning by the middle of next week.

Akunyili had played a pivotal role in the emergence of President Jonathan following the death of the former president. Following the assension of Jonathan to the seat of Presidency, her stock which the presidency dwindled. The aides to the President saw Dora Akunyili as a threat and thus moved to silence her.

As ukpakareports.com learnt, Ima Boro [Jonathan's media aide] took over the responsibilities of the Minister - and the Minister was kept in the dark of the ongoings in the Presidency.

The details are still sketchy but Dora Akunyili is expected to make her resignation public in the coming days.

http://www.ukpakareports.com/news.php?type_id=2&news_id=1700
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by violent(m): 7:27pm On Dec 10, 2010
ukpkareporters indeed.
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by appletango: 7:33pm On Dec 10, 2010
best place for her, the loud-mouthed market woman
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by Eziachi: 7:42pm On Dec 10, 2010
Lets us wait and see, but if the story is true, she has a genuine chance with APGA if the election is anything close to free and fair, but will surely get the Soludo treatment from our people if he sticks with the PDP.
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by DisGuy: 7:46pm On Dec 10, 2010
Perhaps she has not been promised a prominent 'look at me' role in the next parliament, no wonder she has not bee campaigning like Daggash
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by homerac7: 8:05pm On Dec 10, 2010
If Dts true, I think she ought bury her heading shame.

D Yorubas say, 'olofofo o gba e gba, ibi ope l'omo ". Meaning, a squealer has no value beyond immediate gratifications.

She squealed on her colleagues n still want to stay in d party, she must b a joker. If she Ws sincere as she tried to portray, she'd resigned and stay away. Since she knows little about honour, a dint of dishonour may just b a good lesson for her.
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by Blazay(m): 8:18pm On Dec 10, 2010
appletango:

best place for her, the loud-mouthed market woman

cheesy cheesy cheesy

NL the greatest.

Time to jump ship. . .says Dora the fish.

[b]D[/b]ora [b]N[/b]kem [b]A[/b]kunyili

DNA for senate 2011. . . .
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by Kobojunkie: 8:48pm On Dec 10, 2010
Why would anyone suggest we RECYCLE the same INCAPABLE leader? Why? Are we not assured, after her 2 years of INCOMPETENCE as a member of major ministry that she does not have what it takes to help this nation? Why would you suggest She join APGA as if it is a RECYCLING bin for incompetent leaders of eastern decent. ***SHUDDERS***

Scratch that . . . I remember now how Orji got high praise when, after so many years of stupid leadership, he was praised when he joined, for a brief moment, APGA. cry cry cry cry
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by 9ijaMan: 9:09pm On Dec 10, 2010
The die is cast. 2011 here we come.
It the story is true then it's probably the beginning of team GEJ's disintegration.
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by manuch(m): 9:12pm On Dec 10, 2010
ukpakareports are always full of shit!!!!!!!!!!

fictitious stories
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by Abagworo(m): 9:15pm On Dec 10, 2010
Though this report is yet to be confirmed but It is yet to dawn on a lot of Nairalanders that PDP is almost dead.They can't win 2011 Presidential elections.If they dare rig next year I don't think the courts will be required because Nigerians will go on rampage against the politicians in form of mass action.
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by ikeyman00(m): 9:40pm On Dec 10, 2010
@@@@@@@@@@@@@

it really amassing the way the oduduwa ridicule this woman

then pretend not to remember the yeye 70 yrs old woman that was not long ago creating chaos in kini state again Ondo right?

oh yes i think she has finally vamos
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by kcjazz(m): 9:52pm On Dec 10, 2010
I admire Dora and I think this is a good move for her. She is a competent and brave woman and GEJ has under-utilized her. Maybe a few mistakes has being made by her but I still respect her for her work. Until I get or escape a bullet for this country, maybe then I can criticize her. undecided
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by McKren(m): 9:55pm On Dec 10, 2010
This news is very believeable.

No be today Jonathan sideline Akunyili.

Given the fact that the Anambra PDP structure is firmly is Ekwueme/Soludo control, I don't see how Akunyili will get a PDP ticket when she openly worked against he own party in the last election and made sure Obi returned to office in collusion with Jonathan. Now Jonathan has dumped her and she can only find succour in her brother Peter Obi who I think will help her into Senate.

So it could be true Akunyili will soon resign.
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 10, 2010
if thiz iznt fake, its a bad development for gej/sambo team
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by chyz(m): 10:04pm On Dec 10, 2010
If this is true, i'm happy for aunty dora. I hope and pray she joins APGA. smiley
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by Kobojunkie: 10:24pm On Dec 10, 2010
kcjazz:

I admire Dora and I think this is a good move for her. She is a competent and brave woman and GEJ has under-utilized her. Maybe a few mistakes has being made by her but I still respect her for her work. Until I get or escape a bullet for this country, maybe then I can criticize her. undecided

How exactly can you declare a woman, who spent the last 24 months in office essentially doing nothing, a competent leader? How?

A few mistakes which amount of 24 months of NOTHING? Are you serious?
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by MaiSuya(m): 10:33pm On Dec 10, 2010
has it been confirmed?
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by Eziachi: 10:34pm On Dec 10, 2010
Kobojunkie:

How exactly can you declare a woman, who spent the last 24 months in office essentially doing nothing, a competent leader? How?

What does an information minister do? If she is not doing anything, probably its because they gave her nothing to do. When she was at NAFDAC was she busy or what? But don't read anything into this, as I am neither for her or against her, she is just like any other Nigerian politician looking after his/her belly. But given a rightful environment and a country that means business, Dora will be a good asset for any government or people.
Nigeria is a place that can turn an innocent virgin into a LovePeddler over night. Trust me!
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by McKren(m): 10:34pm On Dec 10, 2010
Kobojunkie:

If you honestly believe that Akunyili's record of service equates to just 24months, then I can clearly say you are living in denial.

She was never going to do well as information minister, she simply is NOT the best at diplomatic speak. But when this Nation was on the brink, men failed to rise above fear and parochial interests' (BTW these wimpy men include Jonathan); one public servant rose to the occassion to challenge the status quo and this helped Nigeria do the right thing and an acting President was announced.

That was a high point of Akunyili's career as information minister and it is one not to be taken for granted.

Besides her record of service in NAFDAC is there for honest folks to see.
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by kcjazz(m): 10:38pm On Dec 10, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Are you kidding or you want to argue to elongate this thread?

NAFDAC?
Go check her records.
Was she not the first minister that changed the conversation on Yar Adua's health issue while GEJ was being quiet?

She was never suited for the Ministry of Information in the first place and she knows it. If not the fact that we as a country zone Ministry Of Health to Medical Doctors (who by the way has failed in that area), she would be an ideal candidate for that position. You can judge by 24 months but I look further than that, this woman is passionate and a competent.
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by safariman(m): 10:47pm On Dec 10, 2010
^^^
She was competent and passionate for a job she was never suited for? And GEJ still picked her again and again? I liked her at NAFDAC, but not a minister of information/rebranding
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by MaiSuya(m): 10:51pm On Dec 10, 2010
safariman:

^^^
She was competent and passionate for a job she was never suited for? And GEJ still picked her again and again? I liked her at NAFDAC, but not a minister of information/rebranding
i understand she was actually being considered for the health ministry, before the medical doctors got to know about it and protested.

Come to think of it, there is really nothing she could have done as information minister that would bring the kind of glory she enjoyed while at NAFDAC.
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by kcjazz(m): 11:03pm On Dec 10, 2010
safariman:

^^^

Maybe GEJ decided to put a square peg in a round hole undecided
Everyday people make wrong career moves that bites them. She made one and she realized it. The whole re-branding issue is a good idea but the strategy and implementation was wrong, she lacked the necessary experience/media savvy to work as an Information Minister.
However, if She gets to the Senate, she will not be on the Information committee she will be in the Health committee and that to me is a plus.
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by Kobojunkie: 11:08pm On Dec 10, 2010
Eziachi:

What does an information minister do?
The ministries own website gives you details on what the minister of information does. Please go look it up yourself if you are not aware of what the duties of the information minister are.
Eziachi:

If she is not doing anything, probably its because they gave her nothing to do.
Should we also conclude that if other ministers are not doing anything, it is because they were not given anything to do? Cause that is the only logical thing to do with what you just gave us above.

Eziachi:

When she was at NAFDAC was she busy or what? But don't read anything into this, as I am neither for her or against her, she is just like any other Nigerian politician looking after his/her belly.  But given a rightful environment and a country that means business, Dora will be a good asset for any government or people.
Nigeria is a place that can turn an innocent virgin into a LovePeddler over night. Trust me!
I am sorry but NAFDAC was over 2 years ago. We are speaking of her recent record. If you hired an employee for two years and he did next to nothing on the job, but got paid for all that time, would you write him a recommendation letter praising his work ethic and contribution in a past position or for the most current position held?

PS: please, for your own sake, answer HONESTLY.
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by debosky(m): 11:14pm On Dec 10, 2010
She was poor as information minister - no excuses.

If she wan't suitable for the job, why did she take it?

Did it take her 24 months to realise she wasn't going to be utilised?

I hope she can 'revive' herself and show more of the qualities she exhibited at NAFDAC. . . .but there's no doubt she was highly ineffective as a minister.
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by Kobojunkie: 11:17pm On Dec 10, 2010
see other page
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by Kobojunkie: 11:18pm On Dec 10, 2010
kcjazz:

Maybe GEJ decided to put a square peg in a round hole undecided
Everyday people make wrong career moves that bites them. She made one and she realized it. The whole re-branding issue is a good idea but the strategy and implementation was wrong, she lacked the necessary experience/media savvy to work as an Information Minister.
However, if She gets to the Senate, she will not be on the Information committee she will be in the Health committee and that to me is a plus.

I won't even attempt this one. lol
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by chyz(m): 11:21pm On Dec 10, 2010
Kobojunkie:

OK . . . let’s start with this. Howse about you now SHOW me that I am wrong. What has she done in the last 24 months?

OK . . . let me get this straight. She was never going to do well as information minister BUT she accepted the job anythings? Never resigned at any point, even after the Ekiti debacle or even the Rebranding hell, or the NTA blunder?

OK . .  You claim she rose to the occasion to challenge the status quo, and I say THAT IS A BLOODY LIE. Matter of fact, she did not challenge the status quo, what she did was SILENCE the call for the RESIGNATION of Yar adua and instead demanded he be allowed to continue as President. This resulted in the circumventing of the constitution by NASS and installation of an Acting President which should have only happened at the authorization of the president. Isn’t that what the rumored cabal wanted in the first place?

If you doubt it, I suggest you bring up that wonderful sweet memo she read to you, and tell me where exactly you get your heroine from in that whole.
Sorry, You MISUNDERSTAND her message – don’t even pretend your heroine has anything to do with that. That was a HIGH Point for you, definitely but sorry, it was the revelation to the nation that Akunyili was willing to play politics as much as she could to remain relevant.

By the way, You claim she was not fit for the job yet, this same woman CAMPAIGNED to be given a second go at ministry position under the new government. Are you sure you are not here confusing your cooked up ideas with reality here?

Look she is going the join the anambra senate and there is nothing you can do about it.People have constantly confirmed(including me) that you never know what you are talking about so shut it. ROTFLMAO!
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by Obiagu1(m): 11:31pm On Dec 10, 2010
^^^

Hahaha, Don’t mind him/her.
It seems like the story of Dora has awakened some deadbeats.
Here comes a series of incoherent prose, . . .
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by kcjazz(m): 1:04am On Dec 11, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I won't even attempt this one. lol

You don't need to.
Obviously, you have a problem with her, I don't. Maybe you get better news from where you are and I don't but if you can answer this few
In the last 24 months, how many ministers have being effective?
Was she effective at NAFDAC?
Does your resume include your recent and past experience? Why or Why not?
Out of curiosity, who is your choice for President in 2011 and what have they done in the past 24 months?

She made mistakes, she knows it. Most people here support her work in NAFDAC and have acknowledged her less effective role. You don't have to like/respect her.
Personally, I have lost people who died because of fake drugs in this country and if someone solves/fights even a tenth of that problem, that person is a hero to me. Am easily impressed even if it is one human life that is saved.
Re: Dora Akunyili Quits Jonathan's Team by Kobojunkie: 1:13am On Dec 11, 2010
kcjazz:

You don't need to.
Obviously, you have a problem with her, I don't. Maybe you get better news from where you are and I don't but if you can answer this few

Could you possibly argue your side like a competent adult would? Or should I continue to assume you will only end up a waste of my time on this issue? Notice, I answered the other two because they did not JUMP right into ATTACKING my person without even attempting to make sense for their view. And if you notice, my response was filled with information that might potentially educate anyone who really is oblivious to the facts of the goings-on in the 24 months of her being in office? Again, argue your side like an adult or I will be forced to add you to the list of those I should not bother with.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Wher The Hausa's Doing When The Igbo,s & Yoruba's Wher Developing? / Disagreement Over Presidential Slot Rocks APC / Atlantic Energy And Seven Energy Exposed As Conduits By Diezanni Madueke To Loot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.