Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,282 members, 7,836,256 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Ortom To Akume: Get Ready To Refund N2b You Stole In 2007 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ortom To Akume: Get Ready To Refund N2b You Stole In 2007 (469 Views)

Suspected Robbers Arrested In Ogun With A Car They Stole In Lagos (Photo) / David Mark, Suswam, Ortom To Be PDP Agents At Polling Units In Benue Rerun / Ortom To EFCC: Begin Security Vote Probe From Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ortom To Akume: Get Ready To Refund N2b You Stole In 2007 by phylshan: 4:21pm On Jan 31, 2020
ORTOM TO AKUME: GET READY TO REFUND N2B YOU STOLE IN 2007

“Be ready to refund the N2b you stole from the Benue state government’s purse when you were leaving office as governor in 2007 or prepare to face the law” These were the exact words the governor of Benue state, Mr. Samuel Ortom, said to his estranged godfather, Senator George Akume, over the phone two weeks ago.

Recall that Senator Akume, the present minister for Special Duties and Intergovernmental Affairs was governor of Benue state between 1999 and 2007 before he handed over to Senator Gabriel Torwua Suswam.

In their brief but hot telephone conversation few days ago, Governor Samuel Ortom advised the minister to be guided in his utterances to elders particularly traditional rulers in the state.
He reminded Akume how he publicly tongue lashed the Paramount ruler of the Tiv land, Tor Tiv James Ayatse, when he recently described the monarch as a “King of Politics”.

The governor also begged the minister to stop insulting his wife, First Lady Eunice Ortom, anytime he wants to insult him for political reason, adding that politics is nothing but a game of interest and not a do or die affair.
Ortom, according to the recorded audio of their conversation also advised Akume to stop calling him a thief since he hasn’t stolen anything from the purse of the Benue government since he became governor in 2015.

In his response, Akume asked Ortom why he shouldn’t be calling him a thief and also why he should not be insulting him anytime he likes.

Reacting to that, Ortom said to Akume: ” You are a big thief. Didn’t you steal N2b belonging to Benue government in 2007. I was the one that stopped the case against you then but now, I will reopen the file so that everyone in Benue will know who is a thief between you and I.

“I helped you to win your senatorial election in 2015 when I came to join APC. It was my help that gave you victory, and that was why you couldn’t win again in 2019 because I left your party.

” I will make sure that you appear on the list of anti graft agencies that will investigate the missing N2b which disappeared at the tail end of your regime as governor in 2007″

In his reaction, Akume told Ortom that it was not his influence or support that made him win his senatorial election in 2015 but, the governor quickly said that it is clear that the minister failed to win his election in 2019 because he left the APC.

Furthermore, Governor Ortom told Senator Akume in the telephone conversation that it was the minister that was holding him from performing in his first term in office by collecting Benue’s monies from him with force, noting that he has been performing by paying salaries promptly, doing capital projects and bringing development to Benue state since he parted ways with the minister.

Source: Nigerian Concord

Re: Ortom To Akume: Get Ready To Refund N2b You Stole In 2007 by Ogegeodey(m): 4:23pm On Jan 31, 2020
Re: Ortom To Akume: Get Ready To Refund N2b You Stole In 2007 by Ogegeodey(m): 4:23pm On Jan 31, 2020

Why now?
Re: Ortom To Akume: Get Ready To Refund N2b You Stole In 2007 by yarimo(m): 4:34pm On Jan 31, 2020
ORTOM is the worst governor of benue state. Akume will not refund anything. This is clear Winch hunting . Like ORTOM like IHEDIOHA grin grin
Re: Ortom To Akume: Get Ready To Refund N2b You Stole In 2007 by JusticeSeeker: 4:44pm On Jan 31, 2020
Akume must face the music he's put on. He's courted trouble for too long.
Re: Ortom To Akume: Get Ready To Refund N2b You Stole In 2007 by b3llo(m): 4:47pm On Jan 31, 2020
Who do you think is more powerful and influential among the duo. Click "Like" for Ortom then "Share" for Akume.
Re: Ortom To Akume: Get Ready To Refund N2b You Stole In 2007 by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:56pm On Jan 31, 2020
yarimo:
ORTOM is the worst governor of benue state. Akume will not refund anything. This is clear Winch hunting . Like ORTOM like IHEDIOHA grin grin
He will not refund becos he is in APC?
Re: Ortom To Akume: Get Ready To Refund N2b You Stole In 2007 by yarimo(m): 4:59pm On Jan 31, 2020
HIGHESTPOPORI:
He will not refund becos he is in APC?
no because he didn't steal 1 Kobo from benue state.
Re: Ortom To Akume: Get Ready To Refund N2b You Stole In 2007 by Freestyl(m): 5:29pm On Jan 31, 2020
Governor Samuel Ortom is the biggest economic calamity that has befallen Benue State.
Re: Ortom To Akume: Get Ready To Refund N2b You Stole In 2007 by onward4life(m): 5:12am On Feb 01, 2020
Freestyl:
Governor Samuel Ortom is the biggest economic calamity that has befallen Benue State.

Any black skull Hala me!

Benue crescent

(1) (Reply)

First Black News Channel Takes Off in US / Court Sentences Metuh To 39 Years In Prison / Gombe Commences N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.