Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,045 members, 7,818,143 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Say No! To Ban Of Okada And Keke In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Say No! To Ban Of Okada And Keke In Lagos (455 Views)

Soludo's Full Statement: Bans Okada And Tricycle. Curfew From 6am To 6pm / Sanwo-Olu Announces Total Ban Of Okada In 6 Local Government / Enugu: Keke, Okada And Tiper Union Leaders Say Hoodlums Responsible For Crimes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Say No! To Ban Of Okada And Keke In Lagos by ayodelej(m): 11:46am On Feb 01, 2020
Banning of okada, tricycles, opay and gomax by the Lagos State government is not only an act of wickedness but selfish.

This is purely an anti people's policy. The government did not take into consideration the positive effect of this means of transportation but only the negative ones and part of the negative effects of Keke and okada is partly contributed by the government itself due to its lackluster and lackadaisical attitudes in fixing good and motorable roads.

How long will it take the government to fix our roads? and most roads are always been fixed by the transporters in a way to ease there transportation business.

Which means of transportation doesn't have it's own risk and hazards?  as at today: Keke, okada serves as the major employer of labor in Lagos which I don't think Babajide Sanwoolu government is aware of, the government never mentioned any parliative measure that can incorporate the workers of okada and Keke but rather out of confusion rushed to ban Keke and okada. This isn't what lagosians are expecting from your government but an all encompassing administration and policies that will make life affordable to the common man on the street of Lagos
The ban on okada and Keke is condemnable and must be rejected by lagosians as this will bring further hardship to our lives. This should not be tolerated as it might lead to more criminal activities around Lagos and it's environs.
Lagos State should review this nonsensical policy of ban and engage in more robust policies as citizens are more interested in good living conditions
Re: Say No! To Ban Of Okada And Keke In Lagos by tollyboy5(m): 12:41pm On Feb 01, 2020
i concur the traffic in lagos is too much for mr pointus to just ban tricycle just like that. undecided these ones dont have head they are using to think they just want to force mega city look on lagos state out their failure to execute any reasonable project.
the present administration is yet to complete most of the project embarked on by the previous administration and yet people are saying maybe hes just waking up. i dont think this 1 knows what his doing. undecided

they dont have poverty elevation program to engage the masses but only to stop this,ban this, do this. the sanwo-olu THEMES are very good scam that has been doing nothing as far as am concern. everyone living in lagos state has the right to complain on any policy by the government that does not favor the poor masses, so babaramotu and co should stop derailing thread. sad
Re: Say No! To Ban Of Okada And Keke In Lagos by jen4r: 12:59pm On Feb 01, 2020
pls help me ask the government whether na okada kill their glandpa, pls we need okada service in Lagos........
Re: Say No! To Ban Of Okada And Keke In Lagos by muyinet: 1:10pm On Feb 01, 2020
NO NO and NO!

Okada and Keke remain BANNED in Lagos...and other states wil soon follow.

Okada is not designed for commercial transportation.

1 Like

Re: Say No! To Ban Of Okada And Keke In Lagos by helinues: 1:12pm On Feb 01, 2020
Relocate back to your village..No be my force to live in City
Re: Say No! To Ban Of Okada And Keke In Lagos by F117nighthawk: 1:18pm On Feb 01, 2020
That's the difference between the way a common and ordinary man thinks and the way people in government think, OKADA by any standard is not a good means of transportation by any standard, where in the world in a civilised society do u see OKADA as a means of transport, it's just poverty mentality. With time people will soon get used to the ban,more so it's only ban in 6 local government so if u want to operate your OKADA move to the other 14 local government

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Say No! To Ban Of Okada And Keke In Lagos by seniormallam(m): 1:25pm On Feb 01, 2020
70% of those keke are on hire purchase......... Both party will suffer now
Re: Say No! To Ban Of Okada And Keke In Lagos by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 01, 2020
helinues:
Relocate back to your village..No be my force to live in City
I wonder why same people crying that Lagos is not growing and developing to be like other cities in the world are crying for the ban on Keke and okada.

They think cities are built on sentiments, they are not ready for the sacrifices that goes along with having a wonderful city. SMH.

They cried for Lagos to be a city, a city they will get but they should be ready to know that every big city has the most expensive living.

1 Like

Re: Say No! To Ban Of Okada And Keke In Lagos by Lisaint(m): 1:41pm On Feb 01, 2020
The thing is
There's no alternative
Shey nah Brt bus Wan reach Ikotun-Ijegun-Abaranje rd

The roads are bad
No multi-modal system of transport
And
The Gov still ban the only means the masses are using to convey theirselves from one place to another

Now police go start extortion
What about people their fees their family through
Keke and Okada?

I thought Okada has a union
MOALS which is affiliated to NUTRW!

This is the time they need them most

Imagine going to Mile 2 without bike
Imagine apapa
Imagine isheri-osun to Jakande gate isolo
Re: Say No! To Ban Of Okada And Keke In Lagos by Zooposki(f): 2:23pm On Feb 01, 2020
Lisaint:
The thing is
There's no alternative

It is better to relocate if you cannot cope. Don’t come and die in Lagos.
Re: Say No! To Ban Of Okada And Keke In Lagos by Lisaint(m): 4:58pm On Feb 01, 2020
Zooposki:

It is better to relocate if you cannot cope. Don’t come and die in Lagos.

ITK
Maybe you should carry the house in Lagos
To another state

(1) (Reply)

Lagos: See How Okada Riders Protest Ban In Ikeja, -photos Will Shock You / I Support Lagos Okada And Napep Ban: -- Authortee / Video Of Nigerian Army Burst Boko Haram Fabrication And Bomb Workshop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.