Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,997 members, 7,825,087 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Would You Hang Pictures Of Late Relatives On Your Wall ? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Would You Hang Pictures Of Late Relatives On Your Wall ? (497 Views)

Final Burial Ceremony Of Late Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi / Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga / Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Hang Pictures Of Late Relatives On Your Wall ? by SouLPoison(m): 12:15pm On Feb 01, 2020
So I went to visit a friend during the holiday(December) and one thing I get to notice immediately I entered the sitting room was pictures of his grandfather (Late) and grandmother (Late) at strategic positions in the house. on the wall.

Note; not my first time of visiting

when I asked who they were,he told me and said ,his dad actually brought them out all of a sudden and decided to decorate their home.

He said he doesn't think its cool to put pictures of late relatives around the sitting room. stressing that they are gone and should be left like that.

I myself felt the pictures were much (Counting the pictures ;they were 7 in number)

I know am supposed to mind my business, but what's your opinion on having pictures of late relatives around your walls at home.
Re: Would You Hang Pictures Of Late Relatives On Your Wall ? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Feb 01, 2020
Give Caesar what is Caesar; give the deads what belong to them. You have your pictures placed in your house because your are alive to see them everyday, a dead man is dead. He can't see himself, let alone others see him. You decorate his picture(s) in your house only if you can still see him again. However, you can keep a dead man's picture in a portfolio in case of remembrance or if your generation is curious to see how he looks like.
Re: Would You Hang Pictures Of Late Relatives On Your Wall ? by donstan18: 12:19pm On Feb 01, 2020
Kindly mind your business since you know that's what you are suppose to do.
Re: Would You Hang Pictures Of Late Relatives On Your Wall ? by Ed12(m): 12:23pm On Feb 01, 2020
its just to relish their memories.. which I don't think is bad..

1 Like

Re: Would You Hang Pictures Of Late Relatives On Your Wall ? by SouLPoison(m): 12:28pm On Feb 01, 2020
Ed12:
its just to relish their memories.. which I don't think is bad..

I feel the same way too, but the man is funny to put up such numbers.
Re: Would You Hang Pictures Of Late Relatives On Your Wall ? by SouLPoison(m): 12:32pm On Feb 01, 2020
FarFromAverage:
Give Caesar what is Caesar; give the deads what belong to them. You have your pictures placed in your house because your are alive to see them everyday, a dead man is dead. He can't see himself, let alone others see him. You decorate his picture(s) in your house only if you can still see him again. However, you can keep a dead man's picture in a portfolio in case of remembrance or if your generation is curious to see how he looks like.

FarFromAverage:
Re: Would You Hang Pictures Of Late Relatives On Your Wall ? by Gooddoorman: 5:21am On Feb 02, 2020
SouLPoison:
So I went to visit a friend during the holiday(December) and one thing I get to notice immediately I entered the sitting room was pictures of his grandfather (Late) and grandmother (Late) at strategic positions in the house. on the wall.

Note; not my first time of visiting

when I asked who they were,he told me and said ,his dad actually brought them out all of a sudden and decided to decorate their home.

He said he doesn't think its cool to put pictures of late relatives around the sitting room. stressing that they are gone and should be left like that.

I myself felt the pictures were much (Counting the pictures ;they were 7 in number)

I know am supposed to mind my business, but what's your opinion on having pictures of late relatives around your walls at home.

Shows how much the man misses his parents.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Where Can We Get Drivers Like This One / Traditional Marriage Or White, Which One Is Proper To Come First. / Bad Habbits We (nigerians) Have In Common

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.