Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:46 AM

Death's Day. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Death's Day. (440 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Death's Day. by kenny714433(m): 4:19pm On Feb 01, 2020
Death's day

Death is but a final awakening from a long slumber called life. This was a day I've always looked up to all my life on earth, little did I know the apocalypse will happen in my time.

On the faithful December morning, the fiery harmattarn breeze struck our compound almost pulling down my grandpa's rickety hut. I always admired and envied the old man's wisdom, little wonder I'm always closer to him. I ran inside to check on him that morning since his health was failing as the hour passes. I glanced at the wall clock on the muddy wall once more. It always caught my attention everytime. A clock that doesn't or stopped showing any time with weird engravings and ancient symbols inscribed eveywhere. The 12,6,9and 3 numbers were indicated with ancient slavery ship all facing the center where the seconds, minutes and hour hands locate. Another fascinating symbol was the 2020 mark inscribed in the middle with the first "2" designed like flames, the "0" designed like the earth, the second "2" designed like water and the last "0" designed like wind encircling an orb.

The first day I saw similar orb was when I watched "Salem" and when the orb was opened, there was outbreak of virus which almost killed everyone.

On another occasions, I saw similar ship at Ikot Abasi facing the mighty ocean(water), thought history will have it that it's a slave trade relic but all I know is that there are four similar ships, one in Greece, another in an Asian country etc. All facing the Ocean like the ones in Ikot Abasi and my grandpa's clock.
Re: Death's Day. by kenny714433(m): 4:22pm On Feb 01, 2020
Papa, I ran towards his bed as he made for an old diary and was about speaking with much difficulties. He later stopped. He's gone. I quickly glanced through his diary, nothing spectacular but his childhood journeys around the world and emphasis was made at a place where he called "garden of Eden". According to his diary, "Today, I and my companions went to Eden in search of the golden orb~ d'great 1899. I was much stunned reading that. At the back of the diary was a map. With similar engravings and ship as the clock. There the mystery unfolds. -December 2000.

January 2020, Twnty years after my grandpa's death, the apocalypse predicted by him started. The angels of death rose to bring men under his rule and the gods of life remained silent for men became vile and outlived their purpose. Millions of people died from draught, the earth unleashed wild fire, billions of locust were released by the angels of death to eat everything on earth. Nations rose against themselves. The evil orb was opened and half of the world population will be wiped out with viral infection and in the next month a great flood will wash the earth.

This was when I understood all I saw last 20yrs and only one thing could save the earth, the golden orb hidden by God himself in the garden of Eden. Millions of people had died trying to get it, but I must get it if I wanted saving the earth. I knew my grandpa wanted telling me that and he was The guardian of the earth now passed to me.
Re: Death's Day. by kenny714433(m): 4:23pm On Feb 01, 2020
I have just 7 days according to the diary before everyone dies. So I assembled 20 companions in search for the golden orb in Eden and we are to make our voyage using the godforsaken ship in Ikot Abasi. Our journey to the unknown started. The angels of death are after us. Earth, Ocean, Fire and wind are now a tool in the angel's hands. We have just 20 men to save mankind. Viruses, famine, evil spirits etc are out there to haunt us down. But the guardians of the earth are determined to save the earth. Stay glued as I recount the gory and hellish tales of our journey
Re: Death's Day. by ugwusunday(m): 4:48pm On Feb 01, 2020
May God protect u... Goo, we gat ur back

(1) (Reply)

Done / Poet In A Poor Country. Spoken Word Poetry / If You're A Writer, You Need To See This...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.