Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,252 members, 7,839,304 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

12 Child Traffickers Have Been Arrested By The Police; Read The Accounts Below - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 12 Child Traffickers Have Been Arrested By The Police; Read The Accounts Below (280 Views)

Police Arrest Child Traffickers In Anambra, Rescue Eight Stolen Kids / Delta Human Parts Dealers, Child Traffickers, Gunrunners Arrested / If Arrested By Police ? Read This : You May Need This Someday... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

12 Child Traffickers Have Been Arrested By The Police; Read The Accounts Below by Laurantstv: 4:31pm On Feb 01, 2020
https://www.laurantstv.com.ng/2020/02/12-child-traffickers-have-been-arrested.html

12 Child traffickers including women(mothers) have been arrested by the operatives of the IGP special intelligence response team.

There were about 6 kids rescued from the suspects which led to their arrest in different states.

Ebony, one of the suspects and also she is a mother of 2, she and her lover Emmanuel Onyekwere has stolen a good number of kids from their homes in Abia, Enugu and Edo statesand in turn sold them to their buyers of whom were identified as Blessing Nwankwo, Chioma Nike for N250,000 and 450,000. The couple was arrested after stealing 2 kids from Abuja which they sold at N300,000 each.

One of the parents whom his child was kidnapped Mr Olobo, who narrated how the incident occurred. Olobo said Ebony and her husband Emmanuel rented an apartment in the compound he lives in with his family. In less than a week Ebony got close to his wife, pretending to be helping her carry her 1-year-old daughter. It was later discovered that Ebony and her lover vanished with the little girl some hours later.

When interrogated by the Nation news reporters she blaimed joining the child trafficking gang due to lack of proper education.

Ebony said;

“I didn’t attend secondary school because my father married two wives and he couldn’t send me to school because he has so many children he couldn’t take care of.

“I was married off to an old man at a very young age but the old man died two years into our marriage. We had two children together. With time, things became difficult for me and my children after the death of my husband. I took my children to my mother in the village and travelled to Abuja and went into prostitution.

“I spent seven years as a prostitute in Abuja. One of my friends then advised me to relocate to Oba town in Anambra State, deceiving me that I would make more money doing prostitution in that town.

"I took the advice and relocated but one year into my stay, a girl known as Ogula from Benue State told me that a nurse told her to look for someone to get her pregnant and whenever she put to bed, that the child would be taken from her and she would be paid.

“I told her I can’t do such a despicable thing because I too have two children and I was not ready to get pregnant again. She then asked me to follow her to her village and when we got there, the girl then stole a girl child and gave her to me. While I was leaving with the child, I was arrested by some security men and I was taken to prison where I spent six months. This incident was in 2017. While in prison, I met one Ada, who had finished serving her term and she gave me her number while she was leaving. I called her when I was released and she gave me a job at her shop in Umuahia Abia State, where she sells drinks. One of her customers, known as Onwa, approached me and said he had contacts of people who could buy children between the ages of one and three.

“I then informed one Chibuzor, who is a brother to Ada, who stole a child and we gave it to Onwa.He took the child away and refused to pay us our money. At that time, I had already gotten a boyfriend known as Emanuel Onyekwere. Onwa then contacted me three months later .

“He pleaded for forgiveness and said he would pay me N500,000 for any child between the ages of one and two. My boyfriend, Onyewkere, then went to his village and stole his sister’s two-year-old child and we contacted Onwa, but this time, we followed him down to Enugu State, where the child was sold to an old woman driving a Toyota Camry and she paid us the sum of N250,000. Onwa warned us against stealing children on the road because whenever we were caught, we would be burnt. He advised that we should move regularly to new areas, rent an apartment and when we see a child, we should steal the child and leave the area. So, we went to Akuke area of Enugu and we rented an apartment; we succeeded in stealing two children between the ages of two and four from a guy known as Oyenka, who maltreated me while I worked as a prostitute in Abuja.

“Onyeka was a very rough guy when I knew him in Abuja and it was the police who chased him out of Abuja. Unfortunately, I ran into him in Enugu. He was happy and introduced me to his wife and we became friends.

“I visit them regularly in their house and I became familiar with their children, Ada and Chinonso. I studied their terrain for three months and when I discovered that the coast was clear, I made away with the children and sold them to Onwa for N450,000 each.

“Then, Emmanuel and I relocated to Abuja and we rented an apartment at Tungamaji area of the city. We stole a woman’s child who was our neighbour. The woman left her child in my care while she went to the market and I and Emmanuel quickly packed our things and fled with the child. We then sold the child to one Chioma, who we met through Onwa, for the sum of N300,000. We then rented another apartment at Gwagwa area of Abuja. We stayed for two weeks and I stole a one year-old baby and sold the baby to Chioma for N300,000. We then left Abuja and ran to Ipoba Hill area of Edo State and rented an apartment. There, we stole a child belonging to a sick woman, who could not pay proper attention to her child.

"The child used to come to our own compound to play. So, I stole the child, took her to Chioma, who paid us the sum of N300,000. “We spent much of this money on food, clothes and other frivolities. Before we were arrested, my boyfriend and I had decided to quit but there was this woman known as Blessing who contacted us and requested for five children between the ages of one and two years.I gave her a bill of N2million and she paid instantly. Since we had decided to quit, Emmanuel and I used the money to rent a two-bedroom flat, furnished it and we removed our sim cards. So, Blessing couldn’t reach us anymore. My children are between 17 and 16. If they are stolen I will not be happy.”

Read more below:https://www.laurantstv.com.ng/2020/02/12-child-traffickers-have-been-arrested.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12 Child Traffickers Have Been Arrested By The Police; Read The Accounts Below by voltron14: 4:34pm On Feb 01, 2020
Criminals.

(1) (Reply)

Musician /bolt Driver Who Was Accused Of Assaulting A Passenger Speaks / Suicide Alarm / Breaking News :COVID-19 Lock Down: Kaduna State Setup Mobile Courts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.